Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
    It is completely different. For almost everyone who believes in God, it is a matter of personal belief and faith rather than exploitation.
    Talking about organized religion and its purpose of exploitation of others. Individuals are usually innocent of such things.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

• Mike, I know you've enjoyed Ethiopian culture.
      And it owes so much to its Church, you know...

Comment

• Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
        Well, I have carefully reconsidered the case you made and have come back to tell you what you think.

I think that your blatant attempt to try and make money from the tragic deaths of innocent women based on absolutely no real evidence and only your opinion, not to mention trying to foist blame on an innocent man and capitalise on his obvious mental health issues as uncovincing as it morally dubious and I sincereley hope you sell your book,-or what evr it is you are promoting- as fiction.
        I agree 100% with you, TTK. The Ripper has interested me for a good many years, I've read with a sometimes fascinated interest the various theories that have been proposed and are being proposed, but the suggestion, serious or otherwise, that van Gogh was Jack The Ripper is simply preposterous. The game of naming 'celeb' suspects is almost as old as the case itself, but this is just laughable. Plus, even a brief delving into the life of van Gogh shows that during the critical period in 1888 he was living in Arles and Paul Gauguin spent some time with him as a house-guest. Maybe Vincent did the long train and boat journeys to London and back while Gauguin was out of it via absinthe and didn't notice his absence....pardon the creaking pun.

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Van Gogh was in Arles and Sickert in Normandy.
          Next time we'll have a folie à deux theory with Vincent picking up Walter on his long way to Whitechapel.

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
            Mike, I know you've enjoyed Ethiopian culture.
            And it owes so much to its Church, you know...
            And despite my love, having no church and a focus on trade, modern agriculture, and education would have been better. I would say the church has taken a lot from the people, much more than they can afford. Yet, that culture is pretty cool...it's a conundrum.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

• It's the Ethiopian Church that have made that country and that people so different from any other african culture/country, Mike. Simply beautiful.

Melkam Fassika !

Comment

Van Gogh was in Arles and Sickert in Normandy.
                Next time we'll have a folie à deux theory with Vincent picking up Walter on his long way to Whitechapel.
                Eureka! Case solved! Time to snuff it in victory! I can die happy and wrong now.
                Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Van Gogh was in Arles and Sickert in Normandy.
                  There are times I really wish this forum had a nominate or kudos button for pith and/or insightful posts.
                  There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

• If I was asked by someone to explain the concepts of "Suspect-Led Research" and "Confirmation Bias" I would direct them to this thread.
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Among others!
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
                        There are times I really wish this forum had a nominate or kudos button for pith and/or insightful posts.
                        We used to have such a button, but it disappeared after 'the great crash'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                          We used to have such a button, but it disappeared after 'the great crash'.
                          If I remember correctly, that button was the cause of the crash because everyone kept kudo(ing) your posts and it was system overload!

Mike
                          huh?

Comment

• Saucy Kazakh !
                            How you dare on such a quintessential thread ?

Comment

• I notice that Dale - despite all the pre-show publicity - has not posted on this thread since it aired?

I suppose he must just be inundated by praise and overwhelmed by public acceptance and plaudits and simply too busy?

Did anyone actually listen in, may I ask? How did he come across? I am curious to know whether he had ANY solid basis for his claims or even any convincing arguments bar subjective perceptions based on paintings.

Phil

Comment

• Phil

such gifted people are above ripperologists, just like Cornwell after two bottles of bourbon.

Comment

Working...
                                X