Goodnight Irene!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodnight Irene!

Hurricane Irene is getting ready to barrel into the east coast heading north. I'm in the DC area and also have a place on the Delaware shore so good luck and God bless to all that live in her path!

Keep your fingers crossed-its going to be a whopper!

I thought this was going to be about Bristol Rovers, more popularly known as The Pirates and even more popularly known as The Gas. It's a bit of a let down to see it's about a windy day.

Comment

Hi guys, well I have a wooden desk here so I'll be touching wood for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RonIpstone View Post
        I thought this was going to be about Bristol Rovers, more popularly known as The Pirates and even more popularly known as The Gas. It's a bit of a let down to see it's about a windy day.

Three names and i still never heard of em

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Three names and i still never heard of em
          Formed in the late 19th Century to play the game of Association Football and whose fans in times of stress, or excitement, or boredom are want to sing the Leadbelly song, Goodnight Irene.

Comment

I hope all of our friends in the affected areas of the USA stay safe and that your properties and possessions remain intact.

Comment

Bristol Rovers?? Who are ya. Who are ya. Who are ya..........

Comment

Formed in the late 19th Century to play the game of Association Football and whose fans in times of stress, or excitement, or boredom are want to sing the Leadbelly song, Goodnight Irene.
                One of the best folk songs ever written in my opinion. I love all version.

Comment

Hi Ron
                  Thanks for explaining. Love Leadbelly and the song, but not the hurricane!

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                    I hope all of our friends in the affected areas of the USA stay safe and that your properties and possessions remain intact.
                    Thanks Limehouse!

Comment

First an earthquake and now a hurricane. What's next a plague of locusts? This is starting to get old. I made a beer run so I guess I am prepared.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                        First an earthquake and now a hurricane. What's next a plague of locusts? This is starting to get old. I made a beer run so I guess I am prepared.

c.d.
                        Yes it looks like Nature is hammering at you lately. hang in there guys!!! let's hope this "hurricane" won't be more than just a bit of hard winds.

Comment

be safe

Hello Abby and CD. Be safe, will you?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                            Hello Abby and CD. Be safe, will you?

Cheers.
                            LC
                            Thank you LC-appreciate it.

Comment

I hope you all stay safe during this storm. Americans seem a stoical lot when it comes to such things, which only serves to emphasise the menace of this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X