No announcement yet.

Goodnight Irene!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope all who are in the path of this monster will stay safe, and, of course, that everyone will evacuate, with their pets, if the authorities tell people to do so. Fingers crossed for your safety.
    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Best wishes to everyone in the path of Hurricane Irene, and to their pets!

Hope you have stocked up on plenty of water, food, and lots of interesting reading material in case the power goes out...Look on the bright side, you just may get a chance to finally read all those books you've been saving to read when you have time!

Looks like my relatives in NY may be facing evacuation, they're right on the bay.

Take care and stay safe,
      Archaic

Comment

Well it looks like D.C. made it through the storm relatively unscathed. I went for a walk today and the sun was actually shining although a little windy. There are a lot of leaves down as well as a lot of small branches and a few relatively large ones. I didn't see any trees down. Some people in D.C., Maryland and Virginia lost power but I was ok. I guess flooding is a problem in some areas.

My thanks to all who expressed concern and well wishes. It has been a tough week with the earthquake and then the hurrincane. Everyone is a little edgy. Hope next week is a little better.

c.d.

Comment

Hey, C.D.. ;-) Hope you have a really relaxed week as next.
          Irene turned out not such a big deal on the East Coast, some minor flooding and some trees down. The worse damage seems to have happened early on in the Carolinas.
          (Bet last week was your first earthquake and this weekend your first tropical storm?)
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Hi everyone. Glad Hurricane Irene turned out to be less dangerous than was feared, though I know at least one Casebook member is still without electricity.

Thought I'd share this cool photo of Hurricane Irene circling New York City and the Statue of Liberty- it looks like a vision of the Apocalypse!

Best regards,
            Archaic
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow! That's quite something!

Comment

photo

Glad to know you're ok, Abby Normal, the photo is wonderful!
                Thanks for sharing.
                Cat
                A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. (O Wilde)

Comment

wow Archaic! love it, it's really impressive, it gives such an apocalyptic feeling...

Comment

Julie and Cam, if it were 2012 and I saw a view like that overhead, I think I would be a bit unnerved!

I love how you can see the cloud circling ominously despite it being a still shot.

By the way, I just saw the photo on YouTube when checking out the storm damage in the vicinity of my NY relatives. I'm afraid I don't know who the photographer is to give credit.

Apocalyptically yours,
                    Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                      Julie and Cam, if it were 2012 and I saw a view like that overhead, I think I would be a bit unnerved!

I love how you can see the cloud circling ominously despite it being a still shot.

By the way, I just saw the photo on YouTube when checking out the storm damage in the vicinity of my NY relatives. I'm afraid I don't know who the photographer is to give credit.

Apocalyptically yours,
                      Archaic
                      Well storm ARE beautiful to watch. I enjoy the sight of storms, thunder, erruptions,... it makes you feels suddenly humble

Comment

Working...
                      X