No announcement yet.

No limits to immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we do know that, for some reason, liberals feel very threatened by girls who feel threatened by turban wearers. They feel so threatened, they sack their mothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
      But instead of being allowed to chuck out those people we are forced to keep them here to carry on their evil ways as apparently deporting them is against their human rights!
      Only for as long as due process takes. Which is entirely different. Having the right to due process and claim a reason to remain is different from leave being granted.

I also wonder why their evil ways are related to being here. Surely they are just as evil anywhere?
      There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

• I am the product of pretty recent immigrants to the United States. The vast majority of us are college educated and hold advanced degrees. Those who are not hold/held steady trades jobs. All of us are completely literate in at least two languages, if not four or five. We have decent jobs, own our own homes, and do philanthropic and charity work to help those less fortunate than ourselves. We don't get arrested, do illegal drugs or drink excessively. The children and children's and childrens'- children are a similar decent bunch too.

OTOH, where I live now, I have to contend with DAR members (people whose ancestors came over on the Mayflower, so they and their families have been here for a looong time), who do methamphetamines, get arrested, beat their spouses, significant others and children, have no steady employment due to lack of any skills whatsover, are barely literate, drink excessively and are dumber than a f*cking box of rocks....

...."just sayin'"
        Last edited by cappuccina; 06-26-2011, 08:18 PM.
        Cheers,
        cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Interesting point you have made their and one that illustrates a point I made a while ago about basic fairness. If I tried to ride a motorcycle without wearing a helmet I am committing an offence, if a Sikh does not wear a helmet he is not - one law for us one law for them. If I carry a knife stuck into my belt going around the streets I would be arrested for carrying an offensive weapon - if a sikh does it he's not.

You see it makes people very angry that the law will excuse behaviour in one section of society, but will prosecute another section for doing exactly the same.
          If you want to join a religion with the same requirements then legally you can apply for the same concessions.

Comment

• "OTOH, where I live now, I have to contend with DAR members (people whose ancestors came over on the Mayflower, so they and their families have been here for a looong time), who do methamphetamines, get arrested, beat their spouses, significant others and children, have no steady employment due to lack of any skills whatsover, are barely literate, drink excessively and are dumber than a f*cking box of rocks...."

I'm curious to know how you know their ancestry. What is it - surname?

Comment

Interesting point you have made their and one that illustrates a point I made a while ago about basic fairness. If I tried to ride a motorcycle without wearing a helmet I am committing an offence, if a Sikh does not wear a helmet he is not - one law for us one law for them. If I carry a knife stuck into my belt going around the streets I would be arrested for carrying an offensive weapon - if a sikh does it he's not.

You see it makes people very angry that the law will excuse behaviour in one section of society, but will prosecute another section for doing exactly the same.
              Bob - are you honestly peeved because Sikhs have the right to seriously damage their skulls and possibly their brains in motorcycle accidents and non-Sikhs don't??

If so - be comforted by this thought. Sikhs form a very very small minority of citizens in this country and motor-cycle riding Sikhs form an even smaller minority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                Bob - are you honestly peeved because Sikhs have the right to seriously damage their skulls and possibly their brains in motorcycle accidents and non-Sikhs don't??

If so - be comforted by this thought. Sikhs form a very very small minority of citizens in this country and motor-cycle riding Sikhs form an even smaller minority.
                And those who use their rights an even lower mionority now that modern materials allow for slim line padding in the helmet. Less so for motorcycles but certainly in the construction industry. I could be wrong, but I am sure some of the seikhs I have worked with only had to keep their hair covered, not specifically by a turban, and use smaller head-coverings that can fit under helmets.

Comment

• Exactly, Robert, or it is people who brag about such....for example, a father from my son's hockey team when he was little...MR. DAR, with his overblown boorish home and 4 cars and all recently did a stint of a few years in the toughest prison in MI for B&E related to stealing for his meth habit and assault. The guy is an off again on again carpenter by trade, but got all of his fancy crap illegally by fencing stolen goods and manufacturing meth...Three more women...same deal....only DUI and other drugs....one got fired FROM HER HOSPITAL JOB FOR BEATING UP HER FEMALE COWORKER...MRS. DAT LOLZ

What I am doing via real life examples is making a point to all of the xenophobic idiots out there that sometimes your more recent immigrants become more productive members of society and get into less trouble than the "established white folks"...lmao... And it is becoming more and more the case that your more recent immigrants are often far more educated and literate and better in math and science and multi-lingual than some of the the local "white trash"....oooops did I say that....BAD CAPPUCCINA!!!

There are fantastic folks and f*ckups in every race, ethnic group, religion, social class, and what have you. Why am I having to even state such an obvious point to supposedly well-educated adults....Really?????????
                  Last edited by cappuccina; 06-26-2011, 11:45 PM.
                  Cheers,
                  cappuccina

Comment

• Well, it sounds like some of the immigrants are more educated than 10% of our teachers, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      Well, it sounds like some of the immigrants are more educated than 10% of our teachers, at least.
                      I would venture to guess that some of the members of any population you care to name are better educated than 10% of your teachers. I can think of about 5 teachers I had in High School who were not as well informed as I was.

For example, my Junior year history teacher who taught us that we won the Bay of Pigs invasion. Which is just wrong on any number of levels, but she stuck with it because it was in the book. Our book also put Paul Revere's ride during the Civil war, had us dropping the a-bomb on Hiroshima and Tokyo, and listed Alexander Hamilton as our fifth president.

I mean, if we can't even convince textbook publishing companies to print the correct information, why are we expecting our teachers to be smarter than those students of theirs who actually read for fun and profit?

Your average immigrant kid is far more motivated to succeed than your average heir to a fortune. And given that these incredibly stupid and incredibly spoiled rich kids are never going to have to pay taxes because they will never actually work, I think it's more cost effective to swap them out with some scrappy Asians or Pacific Islanders who are going to work their tail off in order to not have to go back to grinding poverty of home.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Errata, I don't know what age Junior Year equates to over there, but whatever the age, your teacher should simply have told you that the book was wrong, and taught you the actual facts. But you say she wasn't as informed as you, so presumably she didn't actually know what the facts were? The mind can only boggle.

Comment

• Is Pete singing about your teacher Errata?

Pete singing Tom Paxton's 'What Did You Learn in School?' on BBC's 'Tonight In Person' in 1964. (Ripped from Folk Sounds of the Sixties, BBC4, 2006).Apologie...

Written by Tom Paxton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post

Rules are Rules.Laws are Laws...unless they are a bloody joke or something,they should apply to everyone,regardless of Race,creed or colour.Its impossible to justify the unjustifiable,So no one should even try.
                            Its about time incomers adapted to British life ,British laws,not the other way round.If for religious reasons Sikhss cant wear crash helmets,fine! then dont ride a bloody motor bike, or move to some country that doesnt have laws requiring you to so do...its simple.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                              I would venture to guess that some of the members of any population you care to name are better educated than 10% of your teachers.
                              I agree.

During my first year at university, the computer programming lecturer had a little go at me for, what he imagined was, me giving too much help to my fellow students.

He said how could they be expected to learn if they weren't trying things for themselves. Fair comment I thought and forgot all about it.

In the second year I produced a blinding, fully animated Blackjack computer game. The lecturer gave me 91% and said that I lost marks because the accompanying write up didn't show any testing. I had forgotten to include it and I accepted that.

Another student also thought he had built the game to a degree that it warranted 90+ and approached him about it. The lecturer said that this other student should ask me as he couldn't have done anything approaching what I had done and couldn't help him any further.

I showed this student the code I had produced. As soon as I mentioned basic calculus and rates of change he walked off bemused. Oh well.

It's a Bassetts world....it takes allsorts.

Derrick

Comment

• ....ummmm...Glyn.... have there been more drunk driving arrests of any type of vehicle in Britain per capita (meaning as a percentage of the total pop. of that group in Britain) of a) "native" Brits or b) British Sikhs??...
                                Cheers,
                                cappuccina

Comment

Working...
                                X