Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement

Hi all

I have recently made certain studies of a rather esoteric nature, and I feel duty bound to reveal to you all the rather startling news that the world will still exist at teatime on June 1st of this year. Anyone who has cancelled their tea for this date, would be wise to think again.

Does that go for coffee, late lunches or dinners too?
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Hi TomTom

Sure. However I cannot comment on suppers, as these are the subject of a supperinjunction.

Comment

the Scots are the men who won't be payin' for nothing

Hello Robert. Well, that all depends on whom is buying. If it is I, then perhaps I'll cancel. If, however, you are buying, then make mine a Darjeeling--and I thank you.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Lynn, you've got more important things to think about than tea. Get down to the shops and try and get your money back on that asbestos wallet you bought.

Comment

the world will still exist at teatime on June 1st of this year.

I'm sorry but you must support this with evidence. Otherwise it is pure conjecture.
            http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

And also, what do you mean by 'Teatime'? In which time zone? Will we need to syncrhonise our watches?

Please clarify.

Comment

Teatime is 6PM British time, just after my kettle boils.

As for proof, if you take the sixth power of Moses and multiply that by the cube root of Ezekiel, the answer is obviously a cup of tea with an egg and tomato sandwich. This has been confirmed to an accuracy of one breadcrumb in two million.

Comment

Robert.. I really do think you need a holiday my friend... a loooooooooooooooooong holiday.

Depending of course on whether you follow the Malayan calander, the Malian calander, the Mayan calander, the Magyar calender, the Montezuma'en calander, or..last but not least... the cally-caz-catzenbogen-by the sea calender. Gillygillyoffenpepper variety, of course.

best whiskies

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Teatime is 6PM British time, just after my kettle boils.
                    ok that makes 7 PM here, it's not teatime, it's apero, and no matter if the world end or not, the frogs will be boozing.... ESPECIALLY if the world is ending! now in case it would happen i've already purchased a huuuuuuuuuge block of chocolate.

Comment

What's in YOUR wallet?

Hello Robert. Asbestos? Reinforced steel, you mean.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

reinforced steel wallet? Guess you have the same never opened wallet as I do Lynn
                        I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
                        Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Yes Chocolate! If we all buy very large blocks of Chocolate I predict they will be eaten. I'm not sure of the exact date but it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                            Yes Chocolate! If we all buy very large blocks of Chocolate I predict they will be eaten. I'm not sure of the exact date but it will happen.
                            uuuh... yeees you can eat it too, I often do that myself

Comment

counterfactuals

Hello Viper. Correct. After all, wallets should be opened ONLY when there is an outgoing transaction or an incoming one. And in my case, the first is never; and the second, well, that's for a bank.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X