No announcement yet.

Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and with all due respect david, since the first post I ever wrote here, you started to throw nasty little thing as reply no matter what I was writting, so it's not even about what I say or think, I could write that I worship Japan, fish soup and independentist groups from Corsica and hutchinson, you still would throw something nasty back, because that's what you have done since day one anyway without any foundation in it, and every time, you don't even devellop you just throw a short nasty little reflection for absolutely nothing about everything, as long as it's written by me, so in other words, it holds absolutely no value to me, now I'm sorry for not taking seriously words from a man who brags about how great japanese people are when this same person actually threw and very racistic comment about the arabs about 2 weeks ago... so stop calling me childlish.

Comment

Paranoid ?
      You should not. And accept the simple fact that Nanking etc has nothing to do here.

Comment

As for racism, it's quite telling that you feel at ease to insult Japanese, Italian, Southern French, but call "racism" a simple joke about Arabs.
        For the record, I've never said Arabs were assassins or pedophiles.
        But that's what you did (about Japanese and Latins).

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
          Nanking has nothing to do here.
          Unless one wants to recommend "Tokyo" by Mo Hayder.

Excellent novel. Dealing with the Nanking crimes, but displaying at the same time Mrs Hayder's utmost respect and admiration for Japan.

Which inclines me to believe she's a grown woman.
          Last edited by DVV; 03-19-2011, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice to keep this thread in the spirit it was intended? It should be a 'quiet' place where people can reflect on the events and express their sorrow and empathy. It's not about the past - it's about now.

I want to see our government and others offering as much practical help and expertise as they can. I want to see people in decent shelters with food and clothes and any medical assistance they need. I hope the engineers can deal with the nuclear leaks effectively with minimal risk to themsleves. Perhaps some of the money raised by Comic Relief can this year be re-directed to Japan to help individual families who have lost everything start putting their lives back together agian.

It is going to takle a very long time indeed for Japan to recover from these monumental events. God be with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
              It should be a 'quiet' place where people can reflect on the events and express their sorrow and empathy. It's not about the past - it's about now.
              Of course.
              And that's just what Mike, Phil, Corey, Claire, etc, are telling Sister Hyde.

If she wants to talk about the past, which would certainly be interesting, she's welcome to start a new thread.

Comment

Paranoid ?
                You should not. And accept the simple fact that Nanking etc has nothing to do here.
                and so does preaching values you can not live up to yourself, that was the whole point of the remark.

Comment

As for racism, it's quite telling that you feel at ease to insult Japanese, Italian, Southern French, but call "racism" a simple joke about Arabs.
                  For the record, I've never said Arabs were assassins or pedophiles.
                  But that's what you did (about Japanese and Latins).
                  and then I have no sense of humor uh? and no you didn't, but unlike most of the posters who can not understand intern french references and nasty tones, I do understand what you said David. Now as a sicilo-tunisian guinea pig, if i wanna bash the latins, i'll do it )

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                    It's not about the past - it's about now.
                    well the now is freaking the hell out of me honestly. I got the feeling this is going to be huge, and not in a good way. it just keeps getting worst and worst for each day

Comment

Unless one wants to recommend "Tokyo" by Mo Hayder.

Excellent novel. Dealing with the Nanking crimes, but displaying at the same time Mrs Hayder's utmost respect and admiration for Japan.
                      try watching Men behind the sun or Philosophy of a knife.

Comment

Go eat your corn flakes and shut your tiny mouth, baby hyde.

Comment

shut your tiny mouth, baby hyde
                          You disappoint me, David. That's just childish. The Japanese may well be absolutely wonderful people these days but not so long ago they were not quite so nice. In fact they were a bunch of brutal, sadistic, medieval morons. An uncle of mine worked on the Burma Railway and I only knew him because he stayed alive by eating rats. And was it Camus that wrote in his diary how glad he was that the war was over in late 1939/early 1940. Vive La France!
                          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                            The Japanese may well be absolutely wonderful people these days but not so long ago they were not quite so nice. In fact they were a bunch of brutal, sadistic, medieval morons.
                            As were the British in India, Ireland, and South Africa... as were the French in North Africa.... as were the Americans in the Philippines, and all in fairly recent history. No need to bring this up unless one's nation is free of such evil,

Mike
                            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                              As were the British in India, Ireland, and South Africa... as were the French in North Africa.... as were the Americans in the Philippines, and all in fairly recent history. No need to bring this up unless one's nation is free of such evil,

Mike
                              I agree with you Mike ....... the Germans under Hitler etc....but we have moved on and anyway why demonise an entire country because some of their people behaved grotesquely during the war ? A war,it should be noted that ended with one of the most grotesque horrors of its course when the Americans dropped the atomic bomb on Japan wiping out almost the entire populations of Hiroshima and Nagasaki......
                              Norma

Comment

To their credit, Hiroshima has become one of the most beautiful cities in Japn. As it stands now, it looks as if the Japanese strength of rebuilding has contained much of the nuclear accident issue created by the earthquake. Imagine this kind of thing happening in China... are even in California. We'd be nearly beyond repair.

Mike
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X