Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what song are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some strange reason, every time I turn on the radio lately, they are playing Cream's "Sunshine Of Your Love". No idea why. I mean I like the song and all, but at the same time, it just reminds me of how crap I am at Guitar Hero...

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
      For some strange reason, every time I turn on the radio lately, they are playing Cream's "Sunshine Of Your Love". No idea why. I mean I like the song and all, but at the same time, it just reminds me of how crap I am at Guitar Hero...

Cheers,
      Adam.
      Are you tuned in to Classic Rock?
      I've never been much of a Cream fan. It just sounds too much like three good soloists. For me there's not enough cohesion.

Comment

Similarly, I've been hearing Joan Jett on my car radio nearly every day for a week or so, various songs. That's ok, though, as Joan is awesome.

Comment

Limehouse:

Meh, I flick through different radio stations depending on what they are playing. As long as it's a station which doesn't play anything from about 1990 - 2008, it's pretty good.

What about Eric Clapton on his own then?

Kensei:

Joan and the Blackhearts were touring down here very recently, played at some festival. Didn't see them but they were of course the headline act.

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

Julie....Eric"s Layla is a big favourite with Andy!

Comment

I've been listening to a lot of early Dave Brubeck albums this week because his drummer at that time, Joe Morello, died last Saturday. Joe was one of the most talented jazz drummers of all time, IMO.

Comment

Hi GM,
                Many years ago, when I was 19 I was in New York and we went to a dive in Greenwich Village to hear Gene Krupa play the drums---stoned out of his head,head almost touching the drums-unforgettable!
                ---a genius.

Comment

Evening, Norma

Yes, Krupa certainly had talent and showmanship. Too bad the drugs got him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                    Limehouse:

Meh, I flick through different radio stations depending on what they are playing. As long as it's a station which doesn't play anything from about 1990 - 2008, it's pretty good.

What about Eric Clapton on his own then?

Kensei:

Joan and the Blackhearts were touring down here very recently, played at some festival. Didn't see them but they were of course the headline act.

Cheers,
                    Adam.
                    Hi Adam - Eric is OK - but not as good as Jeff Beck. I saw Beck live at the Albert Hall a while back and he was awesome. Towards the end of the show he invited a guest on stage and out walked David Gilmour. Now that's a really good combination!

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                      I've been listening to a lot of early Dave Brubeck albums this week because his drummer at that time, Joe Morello, died last Saturday. Joe was one of the most talented jazz drummers of all time, IMO.
                      Hi Maurice - I've been listening to a lot of Dave Brubeck lately too. He's one of those artist I have returned to in recent years. I know it sounds mad but the music seems to give my brain a spring clean!

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                        Julie....Eric"s Layla is a big favourite with Andy!
                        Hi Norma - I can just see him now with his air guitar! It's a song for men !

Julie

Comment

I am listening to the soundtrack of the film 'Winter's Bone'. I thought that the film was Perfection on every single level (not to say that it's my fave film of all time -one can love things that are flawed !).

Obviously one level of a film is the soundtrack -and I had to rush out to buy this one...
                          http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Flowers of Scotland.

Comment

I've been very reflective today and fancied something different. I wasn't sure I'd find The Enid on YouTube - but there they were:

Formed In 1974 by ex-Barclay James Harvest Keyboard player Robert John Godfrey, The Enid were dubbed by Radio One, 'The Biggest Cult Band In Europe.' RJG met...

I saw them live at Reading in 1983ish. They were fantastic. Not sure if they are still going.

Comment

I'm actually listening to "Hair", the only musical that wasn't just escapist and had a message... well, Godspell too.

Mike
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X