My Love Life & JTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JTRSickert wrote:
    Update: Me and the woman I had previously mentioned are no longer seeing each other. Maybe the Ripper connection freaked her out too much or something.

Sorry to hear that. I kinda doubt it was the Ripper connection though. (If it was meant to be, it would've probably transcended that.) But maybe you'll find a girl going by the name of Wess. (As I was trying to avoid saying "Pipeman"...)
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

My love life and JTR- My girlfriend and I seem to have a lot of trouble finding movies, music, art etc. that we both agree on. I like scary movies for instance, and she hates them. We both love history, though (in fact she is a trained historian) and while violence and gore in movies is usually a huge turnoff for her it does not seem to bother her at all when watching a true historical story like "Braveheart." (Our first date- on which she asked me- was to see "Kingdom of Heaven" which was part fact-part fiction and dealt with the Crusades.) So Jack the Ripper is kind of a gray area. She tends to shake her head and roll her eyes at my fascination with it, but on rare occasions she has gotten into the discussion enough to rather emotionally rail against Jack as the scumbag he was.

Point of contention- we are planning a trip to Britain in 2012 (I've been there twice before and she is long overdue for a visit as she absolutely loves most everything English and Scottish). She is willing but only grudgingly so to come with me on a partial Whitechapel walk in the evening to see some of the JTR sites, and though I've explained to her that Walter Sickert was most probably NOT Jack the Ripper (after we both took notice of Cornwell's work when it first came out) she is reticent about viewing any of his artwork in museums because she thinks it's all icky. Well, I will try and get her to come with me to the Tate Gallery anyway. Despite our differences, we really do love each other dearly.

Comment

Walter Sickert's paintings are not icky! (Although arguably not the best art in the world.)
        I've recruited both my boss and my ex (actually, not quite clear if he's my ex, but at least I've been extricating myself since about 4 months and he's in total denial) for Ripperological research WITHOUT their knowing it. They are under the impression it's generic historical research.
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

Working...
        X