Cricket, lovely cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monty:

Yep, four. Though you may not remember the first two as they are from some time ago and at your age, I understand that alzheimers does begin to take its toll.

So that's 4 wins in a row for us now, eh?
    How's Matt Prior going? Can't handle the fearsome bowling of Brett Lee, evidently.

Looks like a clean sweep of the ODI series coming up!

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

• Alzheimers must be a global epidemic, cos no one remembers your first 2 either...or 3 or 4.

I won't list mine, besides size doesn't matter, its quality....oop won't mention my nominations either.

Yeah, you hold on the the ODIs, they are far more important than the Ashes. Sure it is poppet.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Monty:

Nonsense! I distinctly remember you being one of those who praised "A Matter Of Time".... in fact, let me quote you from the Ripperologist #113 thread:

"With these lastest editions of Rip and Examiner, the powers that be are spoiling us.

Really enjoyed Adam and Lauras pieces. Good to see fairly new blood return."

On the other hand, I am genuinely struggling to think of any of the articles you've written. There was this one about a cop or something, wasn't there?

I see you dodge the Matt Prior question. Are you really that ashamed of him? Back your players, man! So you kept telling me. Steven Davies deserves to be pretty damn pissed off....

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

• The utter silence from the plainly bewildered and embarrassed UN supporters aside, a fantastic ODI series victory for the Aussies, and fitting that it should happen at the GABBA. We've not played at our best by any stretch and yet we're still holding a 4-1 advantage. Good form heading into the World Cup.

I wonder if Monty and Co. will be brave enough to show their faces yet?

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

• Utter silence mate?

Nah, weve all f*cked of back to Blighty, with OUR urn, to celerbrate a resounding stuffing of the Aussies in the Ashes. You can have the ODIs, it means jack all.

Surely the fact I didnt appear here to rub yer snout into it after we beat you the other day indicates I really hold not importance to this series. Even Warney is bored of it. Dont let it paper over your cracks.

Of course, youre gonna grasp for hope, anything to restore pride, and have chosen an half arsed OD series where the majority of our bowling attack are home 'injured' (yeah, right, believe that one Swanny. Put yer feet up lads and save yerselves for the real games), to do that.

You and I both know the real prize in this tour.

AND ITS OURS ha ha ha haaaaaa.

Monty
            Last edited by Monty; 01-31-2011, 08:46 AM.
            Monty

Comment

• 100% correct, Monty. Spelling excepted of course.

Comment

• Im tired Steven,

Up all night partying.

Monty
                Monty

Comment

• Good man.

Best,
                  Steve.

Comment

• Monty:

You said nothing the other day because, despite having the intelligence of a fencepost, you knew that we still led the series 3-1!
                    To say that the series holds no importance is rubbish, as i've said before, with the World Cup coming up very, very soon - if it meant nothing, why did they recall Matt Prior? (dismissed 3 times in 4 games by Brett Lee, I should add). Why did Anderpies come back over here for the second part of the series? Swanny probably isn't injured, more likely they dropped him for his appallingly bad performances!

I will be the first to "rub yer snout in it" when you get demolished by The Netherlands in the first round of the WC!

Steven:

Monty thinks that having a DVD marathon of Rick Astley live in concert circa 1988 counts as a "party". Shame.

Still working on GSTQ....

Cheers,
                    Adam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                      Monty:

Steven:

Monty thinks that having a DVD marathon of Rick Astley live in concert circa 1988 counts as a "party". Shame.

Cheers,
                      Adam.
                      Yes, that is a shame. No doubt you prefer Stefan Dennis, Adam.

Best wishes,
                      Steve.

Comment

• I've not the faintest idea who Stefan Dennis is, Steven.

Having said that, rumour has it that you've made some slight adjustments to the words of a song by your favourite band, Styx, and it goes something like this:

"You know it's you, KP
                        Whenever I get weary and i've had enough
                        Feel like giving up
                        You know it's you, KP
                        Giving me the courage and the strength I need
                        Please believe that it's true,
                        KP, I love you"

Mind you, KP is pretty ordinary these days, might be time for you to change it again?

Cheers,
                        Adam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                          Monty:

You said nothing the other day because, despite having the intelligence of a fencepost, you knew that we still led the series 3-1!
                          To say that the series holds no importance is rubbish, as i've said before, with the World Cup coming up very, very soon - if it meant nothing, why did they recall Matt Prior? (dismissed 3 times in 4 games by Brett Lee, I should add). Why did Anderpies come back over here for the second part of the series? Swanny probably isn't injured, more likely they dropped him for his appallingly bad performances!

I will be the first to "rub yer snout in it" when you get demolished by The Netherlands in the first round of the WC!

Steven:

Cheers,
                          Adam.

I've not the faintest idea who Stefan Dennis is, Steven.

Having said that, rumour has it that you've made some slight adjustments to the words of a song by your favourite band, Styx, and it goes something like this:

"You know it's you, KP
                          Whenever I get weary and i've had enough
                          Feel like giving up
                          You know it's you, KP
                          Giving me the courage and the strength I need
                          Please believe that it's true,
                          KP, I love you"

Mind you, KP is pretty ordinary these days, might be time for you to change it again?

Cheers,
                          Adam.
                          No words needed.

Monty
                          Attached Files
                          Monty

Comment

• Adam: I've absolutely no idea what or who Styx is or are. Somehow though, the very name conjures up rampant eighties hair. Please stop.

Best, Steve.

Comment

• Monty:

Ah yes. If only all the countries represented in that one photo got along as well as that all the time, eh?

Steven:

What's wrong with the 80's?
                              At least the UN had a semi-decent team back then....

Cheers,
                              Adam.

Comment

• Whats all this UN nonsense? Micheal Slater was born in Manchester,Warney Is German and Ricky Pouting was born on the whinge.
                                Oz is an amazing country (genuinely sorry for the people affected by the flooding btw) but you have to try to get your head around the concept that unlike you colonials, English people are coveted by employers worldwide, and some of their kids are born abroad.
                                Apart from London apparently,there are loads of Aussies there, serving the English drinks.
                                Take what comfort you can from your success in a meaningless ODI seies,when the pressure is on it will be calypso collapso and moaning your heads off again.
                                All the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X