Cricket, lovely cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
    that great band Starship's song, "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now"?
    You should stick to Cricket mate cos if you think Starship are a great band then you need your ears seeing to as well as your bowling.

Now....Jefferson Airplane were a great band.

Ricky Pontings OK. He's doing a great job...long may he reign.

Bring on the SCG for a 3-1 demolition.

Derrick

Comment

• Reason for English success revealed.

Squad ordered to listen to this man :

Comment

• For Adam,

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

********------------------------Disclaimer---------------------------**********I do not own any of the shown material, all of the above shown is credited to ...

Enjoy

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Steven:

Get back to me when your mob have held the urn for 16 years straight, then maybe you can claim to be able to compare to our superiority.

I might remind you all that the ODI's are coming up soon, as is the World Cup, and as I recall we are the reigning champs - have been for more than a decade now. Brett Lee will be back in the team, and he is the leading wicket taker in ODI cricket at state level so far this year.....yes that's right, tremble with fear.

Monty:

So, just how confident are you feeling?
          We had $50 on this series, which I will be paying out shortly - no qualms there, I was going to donate the $50 whether we won, lost or drew the series anyway.....however, how about upping the stakes for the next Ashes series in England?

Derrick:

"We Built This City" is a fantastic song, everybody loves it.
          Jefferson Airplane....Jefferson Starship....Starship.....same thing.

You call 3-1 a demolition? LOL. Try 5-0, sunshine.

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

• Adam:
            ODIs schmODIs. The Ashes are the thing and you know it.

Best wishes,
            Steve.

Comment

• England are T20 World Champions, and a far far better One Day side than Australia.

I think you've had enough son.

It would feel like stealing.

Monty
              Monty

Comment

• Monty:

Just as I thought. As loudly as you celebrate the Ashes victory, you’ve not got the confidence in your team to back them moving into the future. Unsurprising, but disappointing.

Also, remind me again who currently holds the World Cup?

Meanwhile, fifth and final test starts tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing Usman Khawaja (not a word about his nationality, thanks), and Michael Beer make their debuts. Have seen both of them play a couple of times and have been impressed, especially by Khawaja. We must throw everything at it because 2-2 certainly looks much better than 3-1.

Cheers,
                Adam.

Comment

• Important: Missing Person

IMPORTANT

If any sees or hears from Adam Gloria Went please contact me immediately.

It seems he has ran off again.

Adam,

We are worried about you Poppet

Monty

PS Sherminator owns your boys. Cook has destroyed your bowling again......Victory is imminent.
                  Monty

Comment

• Monty:

I don't care how many runs he has scored this series, Cook still has the worst technique of any opening batsman I have ever seen. And i've seen Marcus Stresscothick. Again, I can only echo what you've said to be in times gone by - enjoy it while it lasts, as this is simply a slight blip in our awesomeness.

A mate of mine said something to me the other day which I think sums it up pretty well.... "We may have lost the Ashes, but hey, at least when we wake up tomorrow morning, we'll still be living here, and they'll still be living in England." The urn is irrelevant when you think of it like that....

Bring on the footy season!

Cheers,
                    Adam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                      Monty:

I don't care how many runs he has scored this series, Cook still has the worst technique of any opening batsman I have ever seen. And i've seen Marcus Stresscothick. Again, I can only echo what you've said to be in times gone by - enjoy it while it lasts, as this is simply a slight blip in our awesomeness.

A mate of mine said something to me the other day which I think sums it up pretty well.... "We may have lost the Ashes, but hey, at least when we wake up tomorrow morning, we'll still be living here, and they'll still be living in England." The urn is irrelevant when you think of it like that....

Bring on the footy season!

Cheers,
                      Adam.
                      Oh Adam,

Poor deluded little Adam. You talk such utter rubbish sunshine.

The urn is irrelevant? Go look at you posts over the last weeks. I beg to differ.

Cook is the best batsman in the series. Certainly better than ANY AUSSIE BAT. He is the man of the series and completely dominated your pi$$ poor attack. Christ he is averaging 127 for the series. And the records the man has broken, here, read this for your education.

The race to be England's man of the series Down Under is a narrow field of just one. Alastair Cook has been simply brilliant with bat, sending records tumbling during an astonishing 2,171 minutes at the crease.

Your mate? mate? You fool no one my friend...heh heh mate my arse.

Lets talk about Hughes blatent attempt at cheating. Thats probably the worst attempt at cheating I have ever seen. The ball bounced and he claimed a catch. Awful, disgraceful and shameful.

Then, on top of that, your players refused to applaud when England players got their tons. I can understand that though, so many hundreds scored by Englishmen in the series their hands must be battered and bruised from all that clapping.

You are staring down the barrel of yet another inning defeat by England. 3-1 flatters your team because, apart from 3 days in Perth, we have completely dominated Australia. Your boys are woeful. And I see no future for your new breed. Johnson is laughable, Hughes is nowhere, your future Captain has no clue whatsoever.

As Great Douglas Jardine said 'We got the B*stards down there, and we will keep em down there'.

And we will.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

• Quote of the day - Always a downbeat character, a maudlin look never far from his face, Johnson has undergone a prolonged character demolition in the last six weeks. You think he'd be kicking himself, but with his accuracy he'd probably miss.

Monty
                        Monty

Comment

• Personally, I rather like Johnson. Seems like a decent bloke to me. But I was amused to read that Pietersen unnerved him by asking repeatedly for Johnson's 'phone number. Seems like we not only are in the ascendency with batting, bowling, and fielding, we now are getting to grips with sledging too.

Adam, my dear old thing,
                          After weeks crowing about how superior your cricketers are, in the certain knowledge of their utter inferiority, you resort to the rather childish argument that Australia is better than England so it doesn't really matter! Oh dear. It's really too sad.

Incidentally, I have a theory about why you lot are so good at swimming: it's due to a deep-seated urge (possibly genetic) to return to the Old Country where things such as art, culture, manners, and history all survive. Although, admittedly, our lack of Minogues has been severely compromised.

Admit it - your boys were thoroughly trounced, Ricky made a fool of himself, and none of your "inspired" selections (Hughes, Smith, Beer, Khwaja, Hilfenhaus) were able to perform at test standard. By the way, what's up with Hauritz?

Outclassed in every department sums it up.

Shame about Warne's TV show getting cancelled as well (actually I mean this).

I agree with an earlier post of yours that Test cricket is in a precarious position. It needs a good Ashes battle to survive. So let's hope the next crop of baggy green wearers to visit our shores can put up a better fight.

Best wishes,
                          Steve.

Comment

• It never ceases to amaze me just how much you Poms mouth off and celebrate after every now and then managing to stumble across the line and record a victory. Anybody would think you’d been starved of success or something! Oh….wait….

As I said before, when your team has held the urn for 16 years straight, then we can talk about comparing teams…..so you’ve got 14 years to go. Good luck! It bothers me nowhere near as much as you would all like to think – there are bigger fish to fry than a game of cricket.

At least we succeeded in ending the career of Paul Collingwood (speaking of cheats) and showing that Swannette is not the best spinner in the world….

Cheers,
                            Adam.

P.S. As I am unable to video record my version of GSTQ, it will have to be sound recorded only. Anybody who is sick and twisted enough to want a copy, better post up their e-mail address, as I don’t believe sound files can be attached on here (?). That of course excludes Monty – you ain’t getting a copy, at least not off me.

Comment

• It never ceases to amaze me just how much you Poms mouth off and celebrate after every now and then managing to stumble across the line and record a victory.
                              Adam didnt just type that did he? Let me read that again.

It never ceases to amaze me just how much you Poms mouth off and celebrate after every now and then managing to stumble across the line and record a victory.
                              He did. Oh my goodness, he just cannot stop making an a*se of himself. You were beaten by a fecking innings Adam. Not once, not twice but three times. That is a tad more than stumbling across the line, thats crushingly humilliating. If it was a boxing match thats one punch out mate.

As I said before, when your team has held the urn for 16 years straight, then we can talk about comparing teams…..so you’ve got 14 years to go. Good luck! It bothers me nowhere near as much as you would all like to think – there are bigger fish to fry than a game of cricket.
                              First part, relying on past glories. Cant bear the reality of the now huh? Its a common trait amongst those who have suffered traumatically.

Second part, lost interest now your team has been shown for what it truly is, a 2nd rate test nation. Yeah, you carry on with your Take That fan club. Garys never let you down has he? No, no he hasnt.

At least we succeeded in ending the career of Paul Collingwood (speaking of cheats) and showing that Swannette is not the best spinner in the world….
                              That it? Is that what you are reduced to now. Collingwood has been the worlds greatest fielder since Rhodes and Swanny was still too good for you. Go look at his stats lame ass.

Not going to send me a copy of that home made 'video'. Just as well, Id get the RSPCA on to you if I saw it.

Anyway, here are some ditties to cheer you up loser.

Take the Urn Home

We came over from old Blighty
                              The Barmy Army and me
                              Around Brisbane town we did roam
                              6 quid for a pint, a grand for a flight
                              With Strauss our captain, we'll take the urn home

So hoist up the John B sail
                              See how the mainsail sails
                              Call for the captain ashore
                              Take the urn home
                              We'll take the urn home
                              We'll take the urn home
                              With Strauss our captain
                              We'll take the urn home

Ricky Ponting's a broken man
                              Without Warne he has no plan
                              He tries to carry the team all on his own
                              He's losing his hair
                              But we don't care
                              'Cos Strauss our captain will take the urn home

Take the urn home
                              We'll take the urn home
                              We'll take the urn home
                              With Strauss our captain
                              We'll take the urn home

Graeme Swann is a caring guy
                              Rescues cats in his spare time
                              Now he's gonna tear the Aussies apart
                              They can't read his spin
                              And so England will win
                              'Cos Strauss our captain will take the urn home

Take the urn home
                              We'll take the urn home
                              We'll take the urn home
                              With Strauss our captain
                              Wel ARE taking it home

Can you still remember

CAN YOU STILL REMEMBER
                              WHEN YOU WON 5 - 0
                              BUT IN THIS DECEMBER
                              IT'S A DIFFERENT SHOW
                              YOUR FANS DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO COME
                              YOUR BOWLERS WOULDN'T FRIGHTEN MY MUM
                              YOU NEED WARNIE AND I THINK YOU KNOW..

The Mitchell Johnson Song

He bowls to the left, he bowls to the right,
                              That Mitchell Johnson, his bowling is sh*te

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

• Monty:

What's that? You suck willy for bus money and then walk home anyway? I really wish you'd keep your private life to yourself....

Oh my goodness, he just cannot stop making an a*se of himself. You were beaten by a fecking innings Adam. Not once, not twice but three times. That is a tad more than stumbling across the line, thats crushingly humilliating.

5-0 > 3-1.

First part, relying on past glories. Cant bear the reality of the now huh? Its a common trait amongst those who have suffered traumatically.

I have no trauma, being that some of us actually have jobs, Monty (yes I know, shock horror), and (fortunately) weren't able to sit through most of the series!

That it? Is that what you are reduced to now. Collingwood has been the worlds greatest fielder since Rhodes and Swanny was still too good for you. Go look at his stats lame ass.

Yes, top fielder, Collingwood. Shame about the whole batting and bowling thing, eh?

Now Monty, please, if you're going to continue to make those laughable attempts at being insulting, at least do it with proper punctuation.

Cheers,
                                Adam.

Comment

Working...
                                X