Burka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post

Anyway I accept your apology. By the way I managed to make my reply to you without being abusive and personally offensive, I see you can’t.
    Yep, you're right. I was having a bad day. Sorry for losing it a bit.
    best,

claire

Comment

• [QUOTE=Limehouse;143870][/U][/B]

Amazing that this comment (bold and underlined by me) should have been made by a man who - only a few posts back - referred to two posters as 'garbage like you ' and 'a piece of rubbish'.[/QUOTE

Quite correct Limehouse but if you bothered to read what I wrote ( this seems to a common failing here -people not reading what has been written) which has been thoughtfully highlighted by you it is:

By the way I managed to make my reply to you without being abusive and personally offensive, I see you can’t.

Which is absolutely correct, or can you show be where I have been "abusive and personally offensive" to Claire. Nowhere have I stated that I have not been abusive to others as you so kindly pointed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by claire View Post
        Yep, you're right. I was having a bad day. Sorry for losing it a bit.
        Not a problem at all, and most gracious of you to say so. I do hope there is no ill feeling between us.

Comment

Not a problem at all, and most gracious of you to say so. I do hope there is no ill feeling between us.
          Bob, trying to buy your book on Amazon but it's showing out of stock, what's the reason for this???? Also, this review didn't exactly encourage me.

Although Hinton's analysis of George Hutchinson's witness and police statements are spot on, the book then makes a vast, unsubstantiated leap in stating that Hutchinson was a psychopathic stalker of Mary Kelly (probably the final Ripper victim). His killing of Eddowes is explained by proposing that she was blackmailing him (plausible), but Hinton makes little or no attempt to explain why Jack the Ripper had previously killed at least 4 other women when Kelly was his obsession all along. The author's writing style is close to unbearable, and the book is littered with multiple "!"s. The most unforgivable thing is where, having set the social and historical background, Hinton announces the arrival (to the book) of "...Jack the Ripper! " as though this serial-killing psychopath from hell were a boxer entering the ring for our amusement. In my opinion, a book to be avoided.

Comment

• Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
            Ummm....excuse me, "Monsieur Politesse"....My IQ is at least twice that of Charles'., and I am far more educated than he is (which is not too hard, actually LOL)...and who said I was condemning the entire Royal Family....I like some; I don't like some....just like any other family...There is also an inbreeding problem with them, as is typical in some families in the rural Southern areas of the United States, and the remote Northern areas as well... (to be fair)

Apparently, in college, his only real talent was in "pottery making"...

Inbreeding can cause some very serious genetic problems, and can also serve to "dilute" intelligence. That's why there are general societal prohibitions against it. The British royal family had several marriages as close as the first cousin....Yikes!

I will stand by what I said that the Queen Mum was fabulous and by far the best of the lot. Apparently, you know almost nothing about her:

"Daughter of the Scottish Lord Glamis, who became the 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne, Elizabeth was educated at home. She was a descendent of the Scottish King, Robert the Bruce. Brought up to duty, she worked to nurse troops in World War I when her home was used as a hospital for the wounded...."

From: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/qu...beth_queen.htm

Really, Charles has been nursing troops wounded in the Middle East and turned his home into a field hospital....I hadn't heard???

The only newsworthy item we've heard in America about Charles, other than the terrible and unfortunate death of Diana, was when the American news media was playing the "secret" telephone conversations between Charles and Camilla's affair where he said something like he "wanted to be her tampon and live in her trousers (paraphrased for decency)"....

Yup, a fine specimen he is....Yup....

Please, Bob, continue with the ad hominem attacks on all of us, since you have nothing else to contribute.

(What?? What's that you said; you don't know what ad hominem means, since you never took Latin ...? I'm so sorry, Bobbo, you'll just have to look it up...)
            Well said Cappuccina,

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Kennyo

Comment

• I know this thread has been pretty wide-ranging, but widening it to include book reviews seems to be stretching it a bit. That said, I bought Bob's book and enjoyed it. A more trustworthy review than the one quoted above can be found on this site :

Comment

• Which book are you talking about?

Comment

• Oh really...

Originally posted by kennyo View Post
                  Well said Cappuccina,

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Kennyo
                  Well that's fairly obvious, you both write rubbish.

Comment

Well that's fairly obvious, you both write rubbish.
                    Bobbeeee,

Someone thinks you write rubbish too.. welcome to the club.

From Hell- by Bob Hinton "The author's writing style is close to unbearable, and the book is littered with multiple "!"s. The most unforgivable thing is where, having set the social and historical background, Hinton announces the arrival (to the book) of "...Jack the Ripper! " as though this serial-killing psychopath from hell were a boxer entering the ring for our amusement. In my opinion, a book to be avoided. Unfortunately I have to describe the book as appalling."

Oh dear Bob, not a good Amazon review is it. Me... my books have a grand total of 5761 five star reviews, a fact I'm quite proud of. Beats your one 5 star review which I suspect was penned by a member of your family.
                    adios my good buddy, I'm off to write now, you've inspired me greatly.

Comment

• Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• That's interesting. The hostile review has now been lengthened by one sentence.

Kennyo, could it be that you wrote the hostile review - and have just now added to it?

Comment

• Ummmmm, Booobbbo, actually, I understand why you like Prince Charles; he is truly on your level:

This is certainly the man I would like to be the King of my country....Yes, sirreee...

* Charles to Camilla, in an intercepted telephone call: "I want to feel my way along you, all over you and up and down you and in and out. Oh God, I'll just live inside your trousers or something -- it would be much easier."

* Camilla: "What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? Oh, you're going to come back as a pair of knickers."

* Charles: "Or, God forbid, a Tampax (tampon). Just my luck!"

* Camilla: "You are a complete idiot! Oh, what a wonderful idea."

One can only imagine the immortal words of Beavis, a disturbed American adolescent cartoon character when asked to comment on Prince Charles; I think you have a lot in common with them as well:

"Prince Charles is a dumbass..."

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Last edited by cappuccina; 08-16-2010, 12:51 AM.
                          Cheers,
                          cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

• He certainly was Capps.....he got caught out,not being a stuffy Royal....shame on him....

He cares about his passions...architecture,paintings,plants..and clearly during this conversation,Camilla came into that category..he was no dumbass...he was a man smitten by a woman.. Even Prince Charles is allowed to be soppy...

Limehouse ...the thread is obviously not going to be a sensible conversation about the Royals,and for obvious reason's I'm standing on the touchline,amusingly looking on.

Aren't some of our friends accross the pond priceless....ahh...what would be do without them.

Comment

• Oh really...

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              That's interesting. The hostile review has now been lengthened by one sentence.

Kennyo, could it be that you wrote the hostile review - and have just now added to it?
                              Robert I wouldn't bother with this fantasist. I'm more and more convinced it is Krazy Karen in another form. Notice the isistance on being a world class author with lots of five star reviews, whatever they are. Notice the wild accusations and weird theories?

On another thread we are interested to learn that this person is getting million dollar advances from Random House. You'd think that someone that famous wouldn't be shy about using a real name would you?

Comment

• Oh really...

Yes I notice the trailer trash hasn't bothered to answer any of my points in the post where I list Prince Charles achievements. Typical of that type of person.
                                Capps you better get home now your peroxide bottle is waiting for you and your old man is out of beer - don't forget to stop off at Dunkin Doughnuts on the way home!

Comment

Working...
                                X