No announcement yet.

Question about Royal Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Norway remains outside the EU - which means, according to the arguments advanced in 1975, that it should by now be starving or overrun by the Russians.

I love it!!!

To paraphrase a diarist of the American Civil war period, men who saw the rise of the Eurozone may well live to see its fall!!

Jordan - you're welcome. if you have any other questions about the Queen, her family or the UK monarchy, just ask. Royal history is another interest of mine.

Comment

Phil, about a year ago I came across a little book about a man who bought the island of Lundy, and minted his own coins, with his head on them. He didn't get away with it, of course, but they dealt with him very gently.

Comment

Hey Phil,
        Whats your take on the Jack the Ripper murders? Your favorite suspect(s)?
        Cool talking to you
        Jordan

Comment

Jordan Not really the thread to answer your question in JtR suspects. I set out my stall in a recent thread asking posters to nominate their three top candidates. I responded in some detail.

I've been interested in Jtr since the early 1960s and I suppose I have latched onto most of the suspects at one time or another (including Druitt, the "Knight" conspiracy, for a while, and Kosminski - though I have ALWAYS thought the "diary" an obvious forgery.

However, I have recently added Charles Cross to the list having read a couple of deeply fascinating dissertations here.

Robert:

...about a year ago I came across a little book about a man who bought the island of Lundy, and minted his own coins, with his head on them. He didn't get away with it, of course, but they dealt with him very gently.

These people appear from time to time - a lot depnds on the national offshore limit. Most of them are harmless eccentrics with more money than sense!

(Come to think of it they might have royal genes on that basis!!)

Phil

Phil

Comment

Hey Phil,
            Maybe then you could direct me to the post where you discussed the suspects that would be great.
            Nice chatting with you
            Jordan

Comment

Jordan:

I think this is the link:

It can be found - unsurprisingly - under Suspects: General Discussion.

Happy to help,

Phil

Comment

Cool, I'll check it out after work.
                Jordan

Comment

What do the Royal Family do? Thats a very good question.. Erm...well...erm sometimes they open things, when they can spare the time from jetting round the world at taxpayers expense, or deciding which of the royal residences to live in this week, that must take a lot of time. Strange how we can't afford to fix leaking school roofs but can afford to keep our German/Greek royal family in luxury.

Still can always rely on Phil the Greek for a politically incorrect chuckle.
                  BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Oh hang on theres a beefeater at the door wants to know if I will accompany him to the tower, funny you think he'd know the way by now.

Comment

How very witty, Brummie! Oscar Wilde reborn! Noel Coward manquee!!

Is that based on the vacuuity of your own life experience, or on inner knowledge?

Comment

The word you struggle for is VACUITY.

Still, your attempt isn't too bad for your average civil-servant, I suppose.

Graham
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

There was an Oscar Wilde remark, made while standing on a miserable, rainswept railway platform while handcuffed to a warder :

"If this is the way the Queen treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                          How very witty, Brummie! Oscar Wilde reborn! Noel Coward manquee!!

Is that based on the vacuuity of your own life experience, or on inner knowledge?
                          What a strange and nasty and inappropriate reply to a harmless Pub Talk post.
                          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                            What a strange and nasty and inappropriate reply to a harmless Pub Talk post.
                            Well said, Mr T

Graham
                            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I hate to invoke Rodney King but 'Can't we all just get along?'
                              Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
                                I hate to invoke Rodney King but 'Can't we all just get along?'
                                Jordan
                                Couldn't agree more, Jordan. This thread is entertaining and was jogging along nicely, but posts such as #24 above are neither entertaining, necessary nor indeed remotely funny.

Graham

Comment

Working...
                                X