Gordon Brown resigning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon Brown resigning?

I just read a Newswire saying that Gordon Brown is resigning today as head of the UK and that a Conservative is taking his place.

So, what are some of the Brits on here reaction to this? In favor or against? What will this mean for the future of the UK?
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

I don't know, but do you think sinister forces will imprison him on an unknown island?

Comment

Hi,
      From a personal point of view, although we as a family all voted, it really does not matter very much to me what political party governs our country.
      I have very little faith in any of them, and to be honest I tend to vote for the most media friendly candidate, at least then, when I see them on TV , I wont cringe at the sight of their face.
      Who did I vote for?
      A clue .. It was not for the gentleman that recently buried his face in his hands, that same gentleman that showed his real arrogant nature when on sunday was seen with his wife and family members attending church, and whilst walking was seen on TV to brush pass his sister-in-law, or sister nearly sending her into a hedge, all done without any apology.
      If one looked carefully, one could she was not amused, ...as Mr ignorant continued on his merry way.
      Goodbye Mr Brown.
      Regards Richard.

Comment

Cameron is officially PM now...

Comment

Hi Sarah,
          I wonder if her majesty was concerned when Mr Cameron visited the palace not long ago, after all I am led to believe that his ancestors actually owned the property, before the monarchy took residence way back.
          far better then number 10.... more room
          Richard.

Comment

....Maybe he's getting set to marry Elin Nordegren, and will go and reside on her "island" home with her and her children in Sweden...
            Last edited by cappuccina; 05-11-2010, 11:48 PM.
            Cheers,
            cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

In case our US friends haven't cottoned on, we just had a general election that resulted in a hung Parliament in which the Conservatives had the largest vote but couldn't form a majority government. Brown resigned as he was more or less expected to, and Cameron will form a coalition government with the Liberal Democrats. In one year's time we will be Top Nation once again, having won the World Cup on the way.

And I fancy Cameron's wife something rotten.

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I know, Graham; I am just being a smart a**, as usual...

This is who you fancy???

Cheers,
                cappuccina

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                  Hi Sarah,
                  I wonder if her majesty was concerned when Mr Cameron visited the palace not long ago, after all I am led to believe that his ancestors actually owned the property, before the monarchy took residence way back.
                  far better then number 10.... more room
                  Richard.
                  Cameron is actually pretty well connected - he is a direct descendant of King James I and is a 5th cousin of the Queen!

Comment

...in two years, they will discover her with the pool boy...

...and...OMG, his bio reads like something out of a complicated monty Python sketch...

...excerpt... (I have added bold for emphasis)

"After finally leaving Eton just before Christmas 1984, Cameron had nine months of a gap year before going up to Oxford. In January he began work as a researcher for Tim Rathbone, Conservative MP for Lewes and his godfather, in his Parliamentary office. He was there only for three months, but used the time to attend debates in the House of Commons.[24] Through his father, he was then employed for a further three months in Hong Kong by Jardine Matheson as a 'ship jumper', an administrative post for which no experience was needed but which gave him some experience of work.[25]

Returning from Hong Kong he visited Moscow and a Yalta beach in the Soviet Union, and was at one point approached by two Russian men speaking fluent English. Cameron was later told by one of his professors that it was 'definitely an attempt' by the KGB to recruit him.[26]

Cameron then studied at Brasenose College at the University of Oxford, where he read for a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE) at Brasenose. His tutor at Oxford, Professor Vernon Bogdanor, described him as "one of the ablest"[27] students he has taught, with "moderate and sensible Conservative" political views.[6] When commenting in 2006 on his former pupil's ideas about a "bill of rights" to replace the Human Rights Act, however, Professor Bogdanor, himself a Liberal Democrat, said, "I think he is very confused. I've read his speech and it's filled with contradictions. There are one or two good things in it but one glimpses them, as it were, through a mist of misunderstanding".[28]

While at Oxford, Cameron was captain of Brasenose College's tennis team.[6] He was also a member of the student dining society the Bullingdon Club, which has a reputation for an outlandish drinking culture associated with boisterous behaviour and damaging property.[29] A photograph showing Cameron in a tailcoat with other members of the club, including Boris Johnson, surfaced in 2007, but was later withdrawn by the copyright holder.[30] Cameron's period in the Bullingdon Club is examined in the Channel 4 docu-drama When Boris Met Dave broadcast on 7 October 2009.[31]..."[/B] (Source: Wikipedia)

Really???????? (the man sounds like George Bush, only more so...ugh....)
                    Last edited by cappuccina; 05-11-2010, 11:57 PM.
                    Cheers,
                    cappuccina

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                      In case our US friends haven't cottoned on, we just had a general election that resulted in a hung Parliament in which the Conservatives had the largest vote but couldn't form a majority government. Brown resigned as he was more or less expected to, and Cameron will form a coalition government with the Liberal Democrats. In one year's time we will be Top Nation once again, having won the World Cup on the way.

And I fancy Cameron's wife something rotten.

Graham
                      Graham,
                      His wife is so photogenic its unbelievable.She lives in this area so I have seen her around Kensington High Street quite often----she is very thin and extremely plain.

Comment

He sounds not too bright, and a weeeeeeeeee bit self-absorbed....
                        Cheers,
                        cappuccina

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                          Graham,
                          His wife is so photogenic its unbelievable.She lives in this area so I have seen her around Kensington High Street quite often----she is very thin and extremely plain.
                          Thin? I thought she's about 5 months pregnant!

But photogenic - oh yes!

Graham
                          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I'm guessing her voice is not "music to anyone's ears", however....she is probably a royal b*tch....just a teensy-weensy guess.....

"She was once described by her husband in an interview as "very unconventional. She went to a day school.""

Lord, have mercy....
                            Last edited by cappuccina; 05-12-2010, 12:11 AM.
                            Cheers,
                            cappuccina

Comment

Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
                              I'm guessing her voice is not "music to anyone's ears", however....she is probably a royal b*tch....just a teensy-weensy guess.....

"She was once described by her husband in an interview as "very unconventional. She went to a day school.""

Lord, have mercy....
                              I don't understand any of that, Capps.

Graham

Comment

Working...
                              X