X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpie
    replied
    Originally posted by DVV View Post

Hope that will tell you something (more) about Manson, and about how he was obeyed, even by a nice person like Linda Kasabian.
    Linda Kasabian was not a nice person. She was as bad as the rest of them, except that her hands were just clean enough for the DA to justify making a deal with her to get the others.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    I wouldn't be allowed to attend her parole hearing, contrary to Mrs Tate.
    Although I must admit I would be quite useless...

Frankly, Magpie, isn't 40 years enough ?

She was 19. She's 61.

Amitiés,
    David

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    [
    I remember something about lobbying, on which we agreed last night...

We agreed it was a factor.

We disagreed on whether or not it was a good thing.

And to be honest DVV, you only seem to find lobbying a problem when it's against Leslie. People lobbying for her release seem to be a-okay by you.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    Good night all.

And try to show a little love to a true repentant sinner.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    Have you met this woman?
    No, but I try to be in touch with her, and would be so happy to meet her.

And I can tell you I wouldn't want her anywhere near me.
    That's your right. But she isn't dangerous at all, if her prison records and psy opinions are to be believed.

I also find it interesting that you have ignored my points about her prior history of violence before she met Manson
    Since I don't deny she is giulty, her supposed "history of violence" prior to the murder is irrelevant. That's her rehabilitation that matters.

Amitiés,
    David

Leave a comment:

• belinda
    replied
    Oh, please, Belinda... This is the weakest argument I've ever heard.
    Btw, she was free during some months, around 1978.

I will even be happy to have her live next door, and if I support her parole, it's because I've seen goodness, repentance, and intelligence in her.

Amitiés,
    David
    Have you met this woman?

And I can tell you I wouldn't want her anywhere near me. I also find it interesting that you have ignored my points about her prior history of violence before she met Manson

I am aware she conned her way out of gaol for a brief period but she was sent back.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    Originally posted by belinda View Post
    Would you be willing to have van Houten live next door to you if she were free?
    Oh, please, Belinda... This is the weakest argument I've ever heard.
    Btw, she was free during some months, around 1978.

I will even be happy to have her live next door, and if I support her parole, it's because I've seen goodness, repentance, and intelligence in her.

Amitiés,
    David

Leave a comment:

• belinda
    replied
    Would you be willing to have van Houten live next door to you if she were free?

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    Originally posted by Magpie View Post
    Exactly. Even Leslie said that when Charlie started up with the "Helter Skelter" schtick, large numbers of "followers" simply rolled their eyes and moved on outta Spahn.
    That's a good point, but then again, I never said Leslie was innocent.
    I just express my wish to free her, after 40 years.
    Already quite a punishment, don't you think ?

She was 19.
    She's 61.
    My God told me : "Il y a plus de place au Royaume de mon Père pour un pécheur repenti que pour 100 justes."

Amitiés,
    David

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    And when those others are on the parole board, their views might mean something.
    I remember something about lobbying, on which we agreed last night...

Why aren't you defending Krenwinkel?
    I wish I could. But she was present on both nights, and used the victim's blood to write her stupid things...Too much.
    Defending a murderer is something new to me, you know...
    Don't go too fast...

Amitiés,
    David

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ally View Post

Far more people left that compound than stayed. He exerted influence only on those who CHOSE to grant him that influence.
    Exactly. Even Leslie said that when Charlie started up with the "Helter Skelter" schtick, large numbers of "followers" simply rolled their eyes and moved on outta Spahn.

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    Originally posted by Magpie View Post
    And that's awesome, David. Nothing wrong with that point of view and I'll defend to the death (well, to moderate personal inconvenience) your right to hold and express that opinion. However wrong you may be.
    Thanks, Magpie.
    I know you think I'm wrong, and you certainly guess I'm sure I'm right.

Amitiés,
    David

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    ]
    Many others have a different view.
    And when those others are on the parole board, their views might mean something.

Not exactly. Van Houten held down Mrs LaBianca while Krenwinkel stabbed her.
    Then Tex stabbed her too.
    And then he told Leslie : "Do something!"
    And she did. She did between 16 and 20 somethings, any one of which might have been one of the 8 fatal wounds. Krenwinkel didn't kill Rosemary--if she had, Leslie wouldn't have had to get Tex. Why aren't you defending Krenwinkel?

Leave a comment:

• DVV
    replied
    And no, the tag "mass murderer" doesn't really fit.
    She is implicated in a very strange murder case which is definitely hard to classify.
    For what she did, she can hardly be considered a mass murderer.

From a dictionary:
    "Van Houten (Leslie): American mass murderer who stabbed one person in 1969."

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    What I feel is that she's remorseful, genuinely, and that after 40 years, she should be released.
    And that's awesome, David. Nothing wrong with that point of view and I'll defend to the death (well, to moderate personal inconvenience) your right to hold and express that opinion. However wrong you may be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X