No announcement yet.

Recently watched movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Stuck the other night which was inspired by an actual case. In the crime the perp was a black woman but the actress in the film was white but wearing cornrows. I had to wonder if cornrows are the new black-face.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
      'Key Largo' was on again last weekend. Bogart and Bacall. Edward G Robinson, Claire Trevor, one of the Barrymores. Black and white. Good stuff.
      I am a Bogie devotee. There. You know my secret.
      "Tell them what you want, Rocko."

Rocko hesitates.

"He wants more, don't you Rocko?"

"Yeah, that's it. That's right. I want more."

Great movie. And it was Lionel Barrymore.

c.d.

Comment

• "When General Motors has to go to the bathroom ten times a day, the whole country's ready to let go" - Stella (Thelma Ritter) in Rear Window.

I watched it for the something hundredth time last night. The first time was first run at the theater with my parents in 1954. Love it!

Stan Reid

Comment

• I finally got round to watching "Righteous Kill" starring Pacino and DeNiro and was really disappointed with it.

It centres around two ageing murder squad detectives, looking at a serial killer that could be a police officer and then rap (pap) artist, 50Cent shows up and I had a really nice deep sleep!

The film was ok, but I can't help feeling that these two where wasted!
          Regards Mike

Comment

• "Our Germans are better than their Germans" - I watched The Right Stuff again last night - saw that at the theater first run also.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Watched "Yankee Doodle Dandy" on Sunday. Marvelous movie.

Also been working my way through the "Thin Man" movies lately.

Last night I watched "Legend of the Red Dragon". Big budget (relatively) ripoff of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies. Great fun, starring Jet Li.

At the moment I'm watching Iron Monkey--another Jet Li flick.
              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                "Tell them what you want, Rocko."

Rocko hesitates.

"He wants more, don't you Rocko?"

"Yeah, that's it. That's right. I want more."

Great movie. And it was Lionel Barrymore.

c.d.
                Thanks for that. Couldn't remember which one. 'I want more'. Sounds a bit like Jack.
                http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                  Watched "Yankee Doodle Dandy" on Sunday. Marvelous movie.

Also been working my way through the "Thin Man" movies lately.

Last night I watched "Legend of the Red Dragon". Big budget (relatively) ripoff of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies. Great fun, starring Jet Li.

At the moment I'm watching Iron Monkey--another Jet Li flick.
                  The "Thin Man" movies were great. It is interesting that William Powell, as portrayed in the movies, was clearly an alcoholic. They simply made it funny. No way could they do that today without causing an uproar.

c.d.

Comment

• I watched M. NIght Shamalamadingdongs "The Happening" earlier, there wasn't really a lot happening, just some tree's going a little "nutty"
                    Regards Mike

Comment

• Watched Stalingrad last night. It's outstanding.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I enjoyed "Stalingrad", and I also enjoyed "Enemy at the Gates" set in Stalingrad. Two fascinating films.
                        Regards Mike

Comment

• Yes Mike, I liked that other one as well.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Mist

I really enjoyed this, and although I had read a little and heard good reviews, I decided to view it myself and WOW!

First up, the plot is very much "The Fog" but without the ghostly pirates, and cheesy 80's musical score.
                            The film starts with a storm and a mysterious mist heading towards the town, then I will leave it up to you to rent, buy, download, or watch on tv, as it is amazing.

They warned me the ending would shock me, but I replied that it takes a lot to shock me, but this film not only shocked me, it was the first ever film to make my wife cry! She didn't even shed a tear at Titanic, which had me blubbering like a baby!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• I saw The Lodger last night. It would have been better if they'd changed the name and dropped the Ripper connection, I think. I'm not saying that these would have made it a good movie, just a better one.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                                I enjoyed "Stalingrad", and I also enjoyed "Enemy at the Gates" set in Stalingrad. Two fascinating films.
                                Both very good...Just got 'Flags of our Fathers' & saving it for the weekend....Hope it's as good as the book...On a comedy note,recommend 'Faintheart' ,comedy set in a viking re-enactment group, it's another quirky Brit one!...But all obssessive hobbyists will recognise the characters..........
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X