No announcement yet.

Recently watched movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just caught up with the Heath Ledger 'Casanova'....Nice costumes & settings & a real feeling for restoration comedy type bawdy farce..recommended!
    Steve

Comment

• I watched The Alphabet Killer, about the true unsolved serial murders in Rochester in the early 70s, last night. I suppose some might like it but it was disappointment to me.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Watched "October Sky" on AMC last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's based on the true story of author and former NASA engineer Homer Hickam, who was inspired to take up rocketry after the launch of Sputnik.

Nice to see a movie about someone from my home state where they don't make us look like idiots! Unfortunately, none of the principal photography was done in WV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divakind View Post
          Watched "October Sky" on AMC last week and thoroughly enjoyed it.
          I saw that one a year or so ago and liked it as well. In 1957, I was 11 years old. Wonder if my parents still have that rocket I built somewhere up in their attic.

Stan Reid

Comment

• My son has a thing for monster movies so we sat and watched "Alligator" on DVD yesterday after school, he loved it, but the highlight for me was during the press conference, when a reporter asked,

"Do you think we have a Jack the Ripper serial Killer on our hands?"

Did the Victorians ever flush Alligators down the toilet?
            Regards Mike

Comment

• PINEAPPLE EXPRESS!!!!! The movie is so funny, possibly in part because the characters seem to resemble many of my friends from High School.

I also just watched the movie on Ed Gein, and found it funny that in the beginning of the movie they show Ed's "victims" and shot of his house, and apparently Catherine Eddowes was killed at the hands of Ed Gein.

My girlfriend and I began watching the movie, and then after seeing Catherine Eddowes photograph flash on the screen, I looked over at her with a baffled look saying, "it all makes sense now!" Did anyone else happen to see this movie or Ms. Eddowes cameo in it?
              Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Comment

• I noticed the Eddowes pic too Ryan and commented about it on some thread here, although it might have been before the crash, otherwise I liked the movie.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I am originally from WI, and have some "fun-andl-little-known-facts" about old Eddie, as well as some absolutely terrible jokes (a la the schoolyard Ripper ones), if anyone is interested...

I may have posted some of this stuff a long time ago; I don't remember...
                  Cheers,
                  cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

• Had a movie marathon last night:

Doubt: very intense, with Meryl Streep turning in an Oscar-worthy performance.

Hamlet 2: Much better than I thought it would be, and no-where near as offensive and/or sacriligious as the advertising made it out to be

Run, Fat Boy. Run: Enjoyable British romantic comedy in the Notting Hill/Four Weddings and a Funeral mode. Simon Pegg is really good in this, even though the story doesn't really offer anything that new.
                    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Funny Games

Tim Roth & Naomi Watts headline the film.

Comment

• Last night, I watched The Dark Knight. I guess it had gotten too much of a build up in my case.

When are they going to make a Scarlet Cloak movie?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Yesterday I watched "Tropic Thunder" twice!! I could not stop laughing!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• Used Cars. It was one of Robert Zemeckis' early movies and stars Kurt Russell as an unscrupulous used car salesman.

It also has some screamingly funny commercials for the car lots in the film. "Marshall Lucky" makes me laugh till my sides ache.

Comment

• Sunday evening, I watched Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead. I saw the original at the theater and liked it but this one is predictable.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I liked the original Joy Ride too, especially since they used the voice of Jame Gumb (Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs). Ted Levine has a great villain voice. You're right, the second wasn't nearly as good.

I watched Dying Breed tonight. It's set in Tasmania and deals with a group of people who go there looking for an extinct lion species. Great atmosphere and suspense, just think it was a bit compressed in that everything happened in the last 20 minutes. I really enjoy Aussie horror!

Comment

Working...
                                X