This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
    Sean Hodgson was released after tests by FSS, what possible reason is there for fiddling Hanratty's results?
    Julian Young, Hodgson's solicitor, made sure that testing was also done by an independent DNA expert to corroborate any findings made by the FSS.
    This was not done in Hanratty because the FSS had, basically, destroyed the evidential sample.

His payout of £1M is likely to be reduced by the Governmnet by about £250K for board and lodgings at Her Maj's various secure holiday camps! Charming!

In fact, in the Hodgson case, the FSS essentially condemned Hodgson to an extra 11 years in chokey because they erroneously stated to Hodgson's previous legal agents in 1998 that the evidence that finally freed him had been destroyed!

Hodgson is set to sue the FSS for this wanton disregard for auditing procedures and also to sue Hampshire police for withholding the confession of David Lace from his defence team in 1983.

Well done the FSS, another complete balls up that had to rectified by others.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveS View Post
      His payout of £1M is likely to be reduced by the Governmnet by about £250K for board and lodgings at Her Maj's various secure holiday camps! Charming!
      It seems incredible to me that an innocent person is charged for his keep after being released from prison. If he was guilty, there would be no such charge imposed at the end of the sentence.

The fact that the charge is made by reducing the compensation payment is immaterial, the innocent man is still paying for his keep in jail, whereas a guilty person gets it for free.

Peter.

Comment

• Originally posted by RonIpstone View Post
        Comrades, over the past few months I may have inadvertently given the impression that I thought that James Hanratty was a vicious killer and a sadistic rapist who got his just deserts when hanged at Bedford Prison in April 1962. In fact nothing could have been further from the truth.

Jim, as he liked to be called, was a lovable and valued member of the working class society in which he lived. It is believed that Jim was executed on the direction of the now disgraced Harold Macmillan with the full assistance and approbation of his dutiful lieutenant and lapdog of the rich, Richard Austen Butler, known to the capitalist right wing press and others as Rab. It is believed that Supermac, as the Old Etonian Macmillan liked to be known, ordered the execution of Hanratty to deflect publicity away from the disgraced Tory government which he knew was in the offing as a result of the the Minister for War's sexual indiscretions. That the Profumo affair reared its ugly bourgeois head in 1963 only shows how important it was for the evil capitalist government to have Hanratty judicially assassinated in the previous year.

Yet this evil plot against the man of the people, Jim, did not stop with the Tory establishment and its nasty oppressive government. Claret swigging Woy Jenkins and Farmer Sunny Jim when obtaining the reins of power in the evil Wilsonian government refused to assist the Hanratty family in their quest for that which is every free born worker's right to have endless inquiries to establish that their worthy eldest son was not a vicious and incompetent murderer.

Brothers, this unsatisfactory state of affairs has continued through successive oppressive right wing and neo-right wing regimes and the treasured memory of James 'Jim' Hanratty remains tainted with the unsubstantiated allegations dreamed up by Supermac all those years ago. There is now hope that the new politics of Dave Cameroon and Cleggy will bring forward the 'Justice' demanded by the people. Not since the aftermath of the Great War has the Liberal Party had its grubby hands on the levers of power, so we will see whether the Lib Dems (as the Liberal Party likes to be known) are like all the oppressive regimes since 1962 or whether it will do the decent thing and let Jim off.

Power to the people.

Comrade Ron
        LOL, RonUpstart. Or is it a certain person from Hampshire ?

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
          You got a problem with that, jimarilyn? Take it to admin. I didn't ask for Premium membership. It was thrust upon me - apparently because I pay so you don't have to.
          My, what a touchy Cat (oops I mean Caz) you are.

Originally posted by caz View Post
          If you want the plain old Caz back, just say the word. I'll let you know how much it'll cost you.
          Heaven forbid. One Caz is one too many.

PS. Where is the love you speak of ? Perhaps you should more aptly sign off your posts ....."with venom, Caz" as the vast majority of your posts on these boards are either full of vitriol or sarcasm. Anyone who doubts my word should have a read for themselves.

Comment

If you weren't such a whining hypocritical sycophantic liar, and actually produced some cogent solid evidence then people would listen, instead you make pronouncments like identification evidence is inherently unreliable so ignore all the evidence against Hanratty, and here's some identification evidence that proves Hanratty was in Rhyl at the time.
            Par for the course again from the abominable sick Vic, the most ill informed and totally illogical poster on this thread. A person who would argue that today isn't Saturday. Just for the halibut.

Comment

Just read your post, Ron. I advise a touch of the demon drink tonight. And I'll be joining you. It can only help us come to our senses by mixing our spirits.
              You couldn't do us all a favour, loveable Caz, and squirt a little arsenic into your tipple ?

Comment

I notice you don't believe Hanratty's spirit could be tricking you into accusing his victim of murdering him.
                If I could believe in such things, I'd say he's still doing the devil's work and you are just one of his unsuspecting pawns.

On the contrary, I would say that the black magic (no not the choccies) practising Adult Hitler devotee, Peter Alphon, and his cronies were doing the devil's work. And it is often said that the devil protects his own. It would certainly go some way to explaining how Alphon was treated so leniently and with kid gloves by the courts. He could get away with anything.

As Robert Zimmerman wrote in the title of one of his many great songs..."You gotta serve somebody."

By their words, works and lifestyle shall you know them.
                Last edited by jimarilyn; 05-22-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• These links may be of interest. Not 100% certain that the first one is our Bob.

Peter

Comment

• Play clip 8 for a 1965 interview with Acott.

The ITN Archive features contemporary and archival video footage from the UK’s leading supplier of independent broadcast news. Browse over a million digital clips.

Peter

Comment

• Peter

The first must be a search phishing trap but the second is right.
                      Big Baz was awarded the DFC for flying 35 missions over Germany. Is the chap 2 down from our Baz any relation to E Blackadder of the WWI Twenty-Minuters by any chance? It's certainly possible!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
                        As Robert Zimmerman wrote in the title of one of his many great songs..."You gotta serve somebody."
                        Hi Jim
                        Good call on the song choice...Slow Train Coming is a very underrated Zimbo album, some very good songs on there. The brilliant geordie twanger Mark Knopfler plays lead guitar on this opus to boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
                          Par for the course again from the abominable sick Vic, the most ill informed and totally illogical poster on this thread. A person who would argue that today isn't Saturday. Just for the halibut.
                          Oh dear did I strike a nerve. Why not try presenting a argument to support your bizarre alegations because I clearly demonstrated your hypocrisy on 5 opinions. Try matching that with 5 examples of my illogic. Or get yourself an even bigger label of LIAR.

KR,
                          Vic.
                          Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
                          Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveS View Post
                            Hi Jim
                            Good call on the song choice...Slow Train Coming is a very underrated Zimbo album, some very good songs on there. The brilliant geordie twanger Mark Knopfler plays lead guitar on this opus to boot.

Yes indeed Steve. Some great songs on that album. "Precious Angel" and "I believe in You" to name just two.
                            What a prodigious musical genius.
                            Coming from Liverpool I naturally love "The Beatles" music like most everyone else, however Dylan for me personally eclipses them. He mightn't have the greatest voice in the world but his truly amazing output is second to none. i'd be very hard pushed to nominate a top 50 of his songs.
                            Arguably the finest lyricist of the 20th century.

Just listening to some fine music on my eye-pad while soaking some welcome sunshine.
                            How about this for an amazing coincidence........a Dylan song has just come on (out of a possible 644, of which only 3 are by Dylan) and the song is "Property of Jesus"
                            (great lyrics incidentally). At the moment I've limited to three the number of songs by any one artist.

Can't live without good music.

Comment

Oh dear did I strike a nerve. Why not try presenting a argument to support your bizarre alegations because I clearly demonstrated your hypocrisy on 5 opinions. Try matching that with 5 examples of my illogic. Or get yourself an even bigger label of LIAR.

KR,
                              Vic.
                              When I've got a few days to spare I'll make a list of your numerous inaccuracies for you to ponder on. For the time being I'll content myself with Leonard Mathers.

Comment

If you want the plain old Caz back, just say the word. I'll let you know how much it'll cost you.
                                You mention that but how much do you charge for copies of the photo of you in that little red number that you had posted up on your profile a little while back. One of my mates is willing to go up to £1.99 including P&P.

And I contend that Hanratty lied when trying and failing to provide an alibi. In fact it should be fairly obvious to any intelligent thinking person that an innocent man would have said he was in Rhyl right from the start if that's where he was. "You haven't got the first idea, lady. I was in Rhyl." Didn't happen, did it?
                                You contend something that was known at trial in 1962. Thanks for your illuminating insight. Where would we be on this forum without your dilligent and painstaking research?

Fiddled the interpretation? In your own mind perhaps, Steve. But how would that work in practice? You must have a clue, surely, if you want to present it as a fact?
                                It would only need the imagination of an arrogant career scientist like Dr Johnny Whittaker to select any allele peak, however small or stochastic, and try and fit it to reference profiles of first Hanratty's family and then Hanratty himself.
                                If you have done any research into the wretched Whittaker and his court testimonies, you would perhaps start to have a few qualms about the safety of anything that passes his lips.
                                But this is going to be very difficult for you to understand as it involves imagination, research, the underlying science and it's validity and going beyond what the Criminal Justice System tells you.

Only from people with more money than sense. It'll take more than other people's money to make the DNA evidence indicate the guilt of anyone but Hanratty.
                                A bit rich coming from you.

You obviously pay (as elicited from the sobriquet bestowed upon you (Premium Caz)) to support a website that discusses a case where no one will ever be discovered as the true killer.

You are akin to one of the those pesky little rat dogs that wants to cling to one's leg in a most embarrassing way. Because you choose to pay for the privilege does it make it all the more satisfying for you eh?

I'm also not very interested in indicating the guilt of anyone else, so your stuck record nonsense about Alphon isn't going anywhere with me.

When the DNA is reexamined, it will without much doubt show a mixed profile that shows stochastic effects and be considered truly inconcusive. So all bets will off as to the so called acceptance, by all parties, of Alphon not being the A6 killer.

That will a complete embarassasment to the CACD, considering that, in 2002, they declared that the DNA proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Hanratty was the A6 murderer and thus supported the hapless Valerie Storie's completely unreliable recollections of Gregstens killers face.

Storie changed her alleged glimpse of the killer from the back seat (without glasses) to the front seat (with glasses) from the original statements to what she said at trial. She blatantly lied and was led entirely by Acott. In fact from what I have seen and heard of the woman, and I am very truly sorry for her plight, she comes across a very unlikeable person.

The defence at the appeal in 2002 would only have been served with an allele table and not the EPG diagrams of the actual tests, so Mansfield's and Evison's attempts to question the underlying quality of the results would be negated by the basic fact that they would have not been able to carry out their own tests as the most important artefact, the knicker fragment, had been destroyed by the FSS's tests.

The case against Hanratty is and never was very strong. He needn't have even tried to present an alibi, as lack of alibi is no sign of guilt.

All we have, after all, is a very dull, common or garden petty crook, trying to act Jack The Lad about his Liverpool fences. He was in Rhyl but couldn't remember the exact details but gave enough information for all of it to be fully corroborated by a lot of very ordinary people coming forward.

Caz, perhaps you should think about the complete lack of police investigation into the Dorney Reach area, just after the crime and their lack of interest in fully investigating Alphon's direct whereabouts for the time of the crime, when he was first arrested. Hint: you may need the word of the serial liar Nudds to make any sort of case at all. His mother didn't know whether it was the Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday of that fateful week.

Tell you what, I'll go up to £2 for the photo, how's that? No hidden agenda, just cat litter lining for my precious little puddy tat.

Comment

Working...
                                X