This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony View Post
    Just thought I might draw your attention to this quoted posting from Katew; her/his one and only.

A very interesting post but sadly never followed up.

I suppose we do get the occasional one off contributor but they only come on every BLUEMOON.

Tony.
    Hi Tony,

What about all the problems with that post...
    Hanratty was a known car thief and was very good at it
    I disagree - he was very bad at it because he got caught.

I have no trust in the DNA evidence as I think that it was kept with other stuff and contaminated.
    Is utter rubbish.

KR,
    Vic.
    Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
    Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
      Hi Tony,

What about all the problems with that post...

I disagree - he was very bad at it because he got caught.

Is utter rubbish.

KR,
      Vic.
      A very good afternoon to you as always Vic,

Vic I’m sorry but I’m going to have to do a Reg on you on this one. By the way Reg has got a luger as well as his twin brother so tread carefully when battling with our own superhero.

I was not trying to make any point with regards to Hanratty’s prowess as a car thief or the contaminated DNA by quoting Katew.
      You have been AWOL on here for a time so I can excuse you for not being able to see my point.

First you have to check back to page 140 and look at post 1392 by Katew which I quoted.
      Having done that you then have to look at the following pages and the postings thereon:
      Page 282-post 2812
      Page 282-post 2819
      Page 284-post 2832
      Page 285-post 2849

The author of these contributions is BLUEMOON.

I was simply bringing to the attention of all our friends on here the fact that Katew posted once and Bluemoon 4 times.

I think the contributions are rather similar and whilst not for one moment suggesting they are by the same author they are rather alike.

I hope this gets on before Reg smells blood.

Tony.

Comment

• Good afternoon Tony, I hope your day is going well.

My comments were in reply to "A very interesting post but sadly never followed up" just to point out that I thought it was an ill-informed post and the 2 main reasons why.

I got the point about people popping on here, registering and leaving after a post or two, but that's only to be expected with an Internet Forum. There's quite a few who return and having forgotten their password just register a second account - more a result of apathy rather than anything sinister.

KR,
        Vic.
        Last edited by Victor; 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM.
        Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
          Good afternoon Tony, I hope your day is going well.

My comments were in reply to "A very interesting post but sadly never followed up" just to point out that I thought it was an ill-informed post and the 2 main reasons why.

I got the point about people popping on here, registering and leaving after a post or two, but that's only to be expected with an Internet Forum. There's quite a few who return and having forgotten their password just register a second account - more a result of apathy rather than anything sinister.

KR,
          Vic.
          Hello Vic,

I may stand alone but I doubt if anyone on here will accept that explanation.

Tony.

Comment

• good afternoon all, esp Vic & Tony

I think some people probably still access the site from time to time but don't feel there is a need to post anything a) because it has 'all' been raised before b) they don't feel qualified to comment. As an example of the latter point, the recent threads initiated by Rob63's excellent info on the gun were outstanding and very well informed. Sometimes there is nothing illuminating to add. People may then get out of the habit of posting at all.

Re Blue Moon -perhaps he/she took umbrage with the advice to proceed with caution. Pity really because if he/she was closely linked with Carole France there may be info to give that would not cause upset to her.

I agree it is interesting that Kate W and Blue Moon both (?) seem to know Carole France. and the writing style does seem similar

Best wishes always

Viv

Comment

• Originally posted by jimornot? View Post
              good afternoon all, esp Vic & Tony

I think some people probably still access the site from time to time but don't feel there is a need to post anything a) because it has 'all' been raised before b) they don't feel qualified to comment. As an example of the latter point, the recent threads initiated by Rob63's excellent info on the gun were outstanding and very well informed. Sometimes there is nothing illuminating to add. People may then get out of the habit of posting at all.

Re Blue Moon -perhaps he/she took umbrage with the advice to proceed with caution. Pity really because if he/she was closely linked with Carole France there may be info to give that would not cause upset to her.

I agree it is interesting that Kate W and Blue Moon both (?) seem to know Carole France. and the writing style does seem similar

Best wishes always

Viv
              Hi Viv
              I did think that posting others thoughts on a public forum without their knowledge was out of order. Yet Bluemoons further posts have revealed that he/she isn't at all bothered about this.
              So in this vein I hope that Bluemoon can at least give us as much detail on this John Russell character as they can. It is the first time I have heard of this chap in 20 odd years of A6ing.
              Regards
              Reg
              Ps Tony, I said lager not luger...even Ronnie laughed and that is not like him! He was looking through the Brighton phonebook at the time whatever that means.

Comment

• Hi All,

The thread does seem to have been lively in the past couple of days and it is nice to see the debate getting back to the real heart of this mystery.

Back to the gun on the bus for a moment. According to Woffendin, two conductors on the route were questioned but there does not seem to be any record of detailed interviews with them and the questioning seems to have focused on whether the bus was left unattended long enough for a person to enter and deposit the gun. Woffendin points out that the police made no attempt to appeal to passengers on the route to come forward and offer information about travellers on the bus that day. So, within hours of the murder, the gun and five boxes of cartridges were hidden on the bus. Some days later (11 September) two spent cartridges were found in the hotel. Was any attempt made to see if they had come from the stash on the bus? Were cartidges in the boxes counted to see how many were missing (add the two spent cartidges to the toal number fired at the murder scene)?

Now back to the car. When found, was the duffle bag of washing still in the car? Did the killer take the bag to more easily transport the gun and the cartridges? More to the point, if the car was clean of everything except blood, was it taken somewhere quiet so that fibres and hairs etc could be removed? Hanratty was careful not to leave finger prints at his robberies but did he take the time to remove fibres and hairs? Would he have thought that far? Were Valerie's clothes, hair and finger nails checked for fibres/hairs/skin cells from the murderer? Surely something of the murderer (apart from the obvious which I hardly like to mention) must have been deposited on her with such close contact taking place?

Comment

• Hi Victor,
                  Brighton seafront, eh ? It has a part to play in all this... Isn't it where Alphon's mother used to live, and where he was identified by Fogarty-Ward as the man he'd seen in Dorney Reach a few days before the crime ?
                  I used to live in Rottingdean, by the way. A mile or two along the coast.

Comment

• [QUOTE=reg1965;60907]Hi Viv
                    I did think that posting others thoughts on a public forum without their knowledge was out of order. Yet Bluemoons further posts have revealed that he/she isn't at all bothered about this.
                    So in this vein I hope that Bluemoon can at least give us as much detail on this John Russell character as they can. It is the first time I have heard of this chap in 20 odd years of A6ing.

Hi Reg

I think many of us feel the same way. I don't think anyone else on the site has yet found out more on John Russell. I wonder if Bob Woffinden knows of him?

Best wishes

viv

Comment

• I'm trying to work out the mpg of the Morris. It's important because it might show that the murderer had to stop for petrol (not easy at night in 1961-to fit in with the reported arrival at 7 am).
                      When I was a kid we had a 1957 Minor and were always stopping for fuel with that small 5 gallon tank.
                      If the car was found, in Avondale Crescent, completely empty then it works out to 232 miles divided by 7 = 33 mpg.

Has the amount of petrol remaining in 847 BHN ever been published?

Regards
                      Andrew

Comment

• I had a 1953 split-screen Moggie (2 door) and being 6' 4" tall there wasn't much I could do in it other than drive it. It had a recon o.h. valve 995cc engine (0-60 in 50 secs - seriously!) and a 6.5 gal tank. I could go from Brum to Brighton, where my girl-friend was, on one fill-up. Its end came when the brake-cables had stretched too far and one morning I introduced it to a carful of Irish navvies outside West Brom Albion ground. Anyway, I reckon I could get 35 m.p.g. out of it, so a fill-up would be about 225 miles driven at a sensible speed of about 50 mph. I never took it on a motorway because in those days (1967) the police were very interested in old bangers pop-popping down the M1 and liked to pull them over to check brakes, tyres, steering, girl-friends, etc. Oh, it didn't have a heater, either...

Re: Kate W and Bluemoon, admin of this site don't like sock-puppetry and if suspected will pull the transgressors. If they are sock-puppeting, then maybe they've been caught and pulled. If they are not, then I hope we hear from them again.

Cheers,

Graham
                        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Are you a West Brom fan Graham? We (Peterborough United) have a return match in a week or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                            I'm trying to work out the mpg of the Morris. It's important because it might show that the murderer had to stop for petrol (not easy at night in 1961-to fit in with the reported arrival at 7 am).
                            When I was a kid we had a 1957 Minor and were always stopping for fuel with that small 5 gallon tank.
                            If the car was found, in Avondale Crescent, completely empty then it works out to 232 miles divided by 7 = 33 mpg.

Regards
                            Andrew

Good Morning to you Andrew,

It is highly likely that the car was nowhere near Avondale Crescent at 7.00 AM that morning.

See the non disclosures by Basil Acott revealed at the Court of Appeal.

Incidentally Michael Sherrard whilst being very critical of Basil’s tactics thought even less of Sergeant Oxford.

Tony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                              I'm trying to work out the mpg of the Morris. It's important because it might show that the murderer had to stop for petrol (not easy at night in 1961-to fit in with the reported arrival at 7 am).

Regards
                              Andrew
                              Good Morning to you Andrew,

It is highly likely that the car was nowhere near Avondale Crescent at 7.00 AM that morning.

See the non disclosures by Basil Acott revealed at the Court of Appeal.

Incidentally Michael Sherrard whilst being very critical of Basil’s tactics thought even less of Sergeant Oxford.

Tony.

Comment

• Hi all,

Originally posted by reg1965 View Post
                                And yet you simultaneously demand to see private papers from Dixie France after his suicide without permission from his surviving family.

I share those hopes.

even Ronnie laughed and that is not like him! He was looking through the Brighton phonebook at the time whatever that means.
                                Oo-er is that a threat, I'm soooo scared. Actually it'd be nice to talk to him about whether his brother uses the same bullying tactics, illogical arguments and unhanded tactics in his everyday life.

KR,
                                Vic.

Comment

Working...
                                X