• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amanda
    replied
    Interesting case..

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    I have read about Bamber a few times and watched a documentary with former Tory MP Andrew Hunter who thinks Bamber is innocent.

Is there any evidence against Bamber?

From what I can tell, there is nothing and that it was the testimony of his GF that got him put away.
    Hi Batman,
    You're quite right, ultimately it was the evidence of his girlfriend that sealed Bamber's fate. However, firstly, she reportedly claimed that Bamber had paid someone to carry out the murders but after questioning it turned out that that person had a solid alibi for the whole night.

Bamber still maintains that he is innocent. It's quite a complex case however, as there are issues regarding the Bamber family inheritance and the fact that Jeremy Bamber was adopted. I think that Bamber's resentment of his adoptive situation and his always acting a little 'above his station' in life were made very open at the trial, which in all likelihood had an effect on the jury.
    Significantly, the remaining relatives seem to feel that, as he was not a true blood relative, his entitlement to income from the business and sale from the grandmothers house is invalid.

I remember that there were many inconsistencies regarding evidence at Jeremy Bamber's trial, even down to the crime scene.

What's your opinion? Do you think he is as innocent as he claims?
    Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    started a topic Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber

I have read about Bamber a few times and watched a documentary with former Tory MP Andrew Hunter who thinks Bamber is innocent.

Is there any evidence against Bamber?

From what I can tell, there is nothing and that it was the testimony of his GF that got him put away.
Working...
X