Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• louisa
    replied
    Jeremy Bamber is guilty as hell. You should read the literature on the case.

The police threw away and burned the evidence from White House Farm but the evidence of the Boutflours is overwhelming. They found the silencer (that had been used on the rifle which killed Sheila) in a cupboard under the stairs.

It was demonstrated in court that Sheila could not have pulled the trigger herself because her arms were too short. Remember the length of the rifle PLUS the silencer? Then we are asked to believe that after she shot herself twice in the head she got up and replaced the silencer in a cupboard?

Bamber should stay in prison and rot for ever! If only hanging had been around in those days. How he deserved capital punishment for what he did!

And it's a case which highlighted how useless the police are. They believed everything Bamber told them and destroyed the evidence by burning it in the garden, because Bamber 'couldn't bear to look at those bloodied mattresses'.
    Last edited by louisa; 12-10-2014, 09:46 AM. Reason: Text

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    So far..

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    What are the exact reasons given for the CCRC rejecting further applications from Bamber's lawyers in 2004 and 2012?

Have they debunked his story?
    Hi Batman,
    In January 2012 the application was rejected by the European Court of a Human Rights but in July of the same year Bamber was granted the right to appeal.
    Last year the Grand Chamber agreed that Bamber must be given the chance to have his sentence reviewed with a release date 'somewhere in the future'.

Bamber's lawyers will take the case to review with the prison board next year, when he has served 30 years, with the argument that 30 years equates to a 'life sentence' and that Bamber poses no threat to the public.
    Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    What are the exact reasons given for the CCRC rejecting further applications from Bamber's lawyers in 2004 and 2012?

Have they debunked his story?

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
    Hi,

I think Bamber has been seriously attacked in prison. But of course that doesnt make him guilty. It is a strange case. Certainly, his sister did have problems.
    I'd say 'problems' is putting it mildly, Sheila was diagnosed schizophrenic.

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    The silencer had a grey hair on it that was lost. Today we know that the blood on it is rabbit blood.

Leave a comment:

• Hatchett
    replied
    Hi,

I think Bamber has been seriously attacked in prison. But of course that doesnt make him guilty. It is a strange case. Certainly, his sister did have problems.

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    lucky to be alive

Quite surprised bambers still alive what with him been a child killer the lowest form of life in prison.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Mmm...

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    Didn't the police discover the silencer from the rifle in a cupboard a few days after the murders?
    Hi,
    According to Jeremy Bamber's defence team, the Essex police restaged the crime scene to take photos later as they had inadvertently moved Sheila's body.
    They also claim that the silencer was not on the gun when it was fired, but found weeks later, with blood on it, by relatives.

Incidentally, the relatives who found the silencer stood to inherit the farm and connected businesses, including a caravan park if Jeremy Bamber was convicted.

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• pinkmoon
    replied
    Didn't the police discover the silencer from the rifle in a cupboard a few days after the murders?

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Correct...

Hi Hatchett,

Yes, that's right. The police seemed quite convinced that Bamber's sister had murdered the whole family & then pulled the trigger on herself.
    However, about a month later the family started to raise concerns & that's when Jeremy's girlfriend came forward and claimed that he had confessed to hiring a man to do the job for him.
    The police made quite a lot of mistakes at the initial crime scene, they failed to realise that Bamber's sister couldn't have pulled the trigger on herself as her arms weren't long enough to use the shotgun.
    Secondly, the gun silencer was found in a cupboard by a family relative many weeks later while looking through cupboards.

However, in Jeremy Bamber's defence, there was a call to the police station from his father earlier in the evening on the night of the murders, saying that his daughter had gone crazy and was threatening to kill them all.
    I guess the truth will never be known.
    Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Hatchett
    replied
    Hi,

Of course the Police at first believed that the sister was guilty and that Bamber was innocent. In fact I dont think at first he was even a suspect. Wasnt it his relatives that pressured the police into re investigation?

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    One piece of evidence was the lack of it. There was a claim that there was no firearm residue on his sister when she was found dead from a 'suicide' by gun that she was supposed to have used to kill the family.

I think it would have been impossible for someone to go around the home shooting people and not have any firearm residue on them. Yet she was shot by a gun at close range, so why wasn't there any on her from that?

Turns out the investigators only inspected her for residue visually and didn't do any testing.

The trouble I have with this case is that there reasonable doubt galore but Babmer still got put away with a whole-life tariff.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Also...

I think it's also quite significant that it was made known to the public that Jeremy Bamber had relationships with both men and women.

You can't help but wonder whether this fact alone could have prejudiced the jury against him, or at least tainted his defence. We have to remember that people were far less open-minded in those days.

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• Hatchett
    replied
    Hi,

Like you say it was a complicated case. As I remember it, it was put out that Bamber wasnt a particularly pleasant man .... of course that doesnt make him a murderer, but it could have influenced the jury ... if infact it was true.

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    I have followed this case since day one , I was only fifteen or so but it gripped me. Personally, I don't think he did it , never have tbh....whether he was involved is another question .......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X