No announcement yet.

** The Murder of Julia Wallace **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did answer "AT TEA" what are you missing!!??

Comment

• Sorry ColdCaseJury, I never said, "As you say, the quote suggests that Wallace probably had already discussed it with Julia prior to tea on Tuesday." I NEVER said that.

Comment

• nor do the statements reflect that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ven View Post
          Sorry ColdCaseJury, I never said, "As you say, the quote suggests that Wallace probably had already discussed it with Julia prior to tea on Tuesday." I NEVER said that.
          You said "after the DISCUSSION had already been made" - I assumed you meant the discussion between Julia and Wallace. Of course, he never said that - hence I used probably. I think we might be misinterpreting each other Ven. A question: was Wallace asked "When did you first discuss the call with Julia"? If he answered "at tea" then you are correct and Amy Wallace's statement is lies.
          Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

• CCJ #195 As I say, if you're correct, and Amy Wallace was lying, it blows the case wide open. Alas, Wallace was not asked when he first told his wife about the call.

Yes he was, at trial, and he said....

If he had answered "at tea" your analysis would be devastating and everyone would have to agree - it would point to Amy covering up for Wallace.

And he answered "At tea..." CASE CLOSED

Comment

CCJ #195 As I say, if you're correct, and Amy Wallace was lying, it blows the case wide open. Alas, Wallace was not asked when he first told his wife about the call.

Yes he was, at trial, and he said....

If he had answered "at tea" your analysis would be devastating and everyone would have to agree - it would point to Amy covering up for Wallace.

And he answered "At tea..." CASE CLOSED
              Hi Ven, just so there is no misunderstanding, please show me the trial question you are referring to, when Wallace was asked when he first discussed the case with Julia and I'm happy to agree that Amy Wallace's statement cannot be true.
              Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

• I would also like to repeat the following from page 253 of the trial -

Q. I notice that afterwards in your first statement you say: first of all, when I arrived at my house at 2.10 "my wife was then well and I had DINNER and left the hose", and again afterwards; "I entered my house and had TEA with my wife who was quite well". (This would have been at 6.05pm when he returned home after finishing work for the day)
                A. Yes, except for the slight cold.

Then on Page 255 (so only a few minutes later) -
                Q. Had you ever told your wife you were going out that night?
                A. Certainly, we discussed it.
                Q. You discussed it?
                A. We discussed it at TEA time.

Comment

• My bolding

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCaseJury View Post

Moste, you can leave a dynamite quote like that without further data and sources! Ancestry shows that - today - about 95% of Qualtroughs live in the Isle of Man. The rest are in the North West and London. No specific breakdown. North West, by the way, includes Liverpool as well as Cumbria. We need the data because - out of all the tens of thousands of posts on this topic - this one is arguably one of the most probative.
                    Hence my Spill the beans Moste

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I would also like to repeat the following from page 253 of the trial -

Q. I notice that afterwards in your first statement you say: first of all, when I arrived at my house at 2.10 "my wife was then well and I had DINNER and left the hose", and again afterwards; "I entered my house and had TEA with my wife who was quite well". (This would have been at 6.05pm when he returned home after finishing work for the day)
                      A. Yes, except for the slight cold.

Then on Page 255 (so only a few minutes later) -
                      Q. Had you ever told your wife you were going out that night?
                      A. Certainly, we discussed it.
                      Q. You discussed it?
                      A. We discussed it at TEA time.
                      Get that, Ven. My point is that "Had you ever told your wife you were going out that night?" is not the same question as "When did you first discuss the call with your wife?" "We discussed it at tea" does not mean he did mot mention it also at dinner or breakfast, something that would be consistent with Amy Wallace's statement.
                      Last edited by ColdCaseJury; 01-31-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Many amateur sleuths rely on on two slip ups,,,, well this is the one!!

Comment

• Make up whatever questions you like CCJ, He was asked. He answered,You are asking questions you would like to ask. He answered and implicated himself!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NickB View Post
                            I share your wariness about Parkes. I used to listen to Michael Green on Radio City and he was a good newsman, but they did not have the resources that a national broadcaster would be able to devote to a documentary like this - which would have enabled greater research and more probing questioning.

Here are 4 BBC programmes about the trial I would like to have seen and heard ...

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/page/e99...25be1fb675366c
                            -

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/76a1477c09f347e9b7c4191997307a65

-
                            https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/page/830d59a244484476972ccf603527c486

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/page/7e4...b22ac7f481f6ff

If some of the links come up the same you can copy and paste them to google for the separate programmes.
                            Cheers for posting these Nick

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCaseJury View Post

Get that, Ven. My point is that "Had you ever told your wife you were going out that night?" is not the same question as "When did you first discuss the call with your wife?" "We discussed it at tea" does not mean he did mot mention it also at dinner or breakfast, something that would be consistent with Amy Wallace's statement.
                              LOL, think about it please.... it's the same question asked at TEA... AFTER he had already decided that he was going out to meet Qualtrough

Comment

Why would the prank caller not say 2pm.? If he really wanted to disrupt William's life? William already went out at night to 1) play chess 2) Teach and 3) occasionally go out to Clubmoor for business.
                                To have to go out during the day would have really upset his daily routine!
                                The problem with 2pm is that a caller who knew Wallace’s job would know that he was working during the day and that a large detour to MGE would have caused him to miss some of his regular calls so he would have been unlikely in the extreme to have gone.

On William going out at night...1) He was an irregular attender, 2) Ill stand correcting but I’m pretty sure that he was no longer attending the college, and 3) his round was entirely in the Clubmoor area.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X