No announcement yet.

Who put Bella in the Witch Elm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This happened just down the way from where I grew up. I never really heard much about it until recently. I suppose it was rather 'a little before my time' though. Quite the mystery from all accounts.
    Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

• Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
      This happened just down the way from where I grew up. I never really heard much about it until recently. I suppose it was rather 'a little before my time' though. Quite the mystery from all accounts.
      It’s an interesting one Tristan but one that’s unlikely to be solved imo.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I would agree. Maybe some mysteries are best left unsolved?
        Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Im not so sure about that Herlock. With the latest DNA research perhaps if they IDed the victim, that would be afirst step in solving? provided of course there is any DNA left anywhere from the victim.

Comment

• Maybe. This sad case dates from 1957, and genealogical DNA identified the child.

More than six decades after a boy was found dead in a box in Philadelphia, investigators have identified the child with the help of DNA, police announced Tuesday.

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              Maybe. This sad case dates from 1957, and genealogical DNA identified the child.

More than six decades after a boy was found dead in a box in Philadelphia, investigators have identified the child with the help of DNA, police announced Tuesday.

Ah yes the boy in the box.

Comment

• I’ve just received my copy of the latest book on the subject. The Hagley Wood Tree Murder: Reviewing the Case of Bella in the Wych Elm by Keith Swallow and Rachel Joy.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Thanks for the heads-uo, Herlock! Will you let us know what you think of it?
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

Working...
                  X