This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

It’s difficult to see a hunch as reasoning. The matches aren’t evidence of loitering around? How can you think that it’s logical that he killed Julia, turned off the lights and then lit matches to go back inside for a look?

And now you say that they wouldn’t steal anything after Julia was dead? Then there’s absolutely no reason to have stuck around. You must see this?

Neither of those things would have taken any time. The fire was out. This doesn’t mean that it was put out. Fires go out if untended.
    It was a gas fire so it wouldn't go out unless turned out I think. It does only take a second.

I don't think there's no reason to loiter, but it depends of course.

If a makeshift weapon from the house was taken which I don't think it 100% definitely was, I think it implies fear of fingerprints so no gloves on whoever wielded it. There are a few things in any case someone might stick around for. A fear that perhaps they left something incriminating, wanting to check she's dead and so on.

So I don't think it's open and shut.

For William it would be the latter, he would have surveyed the wounds etc. I'd think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ven View Post
      "I don't think she "fell" on the mackintosh, I think the killer has moved her body and it's ended up on top. Well actually I KNOW he did (move her) because the feet are on the opposite side of the room than they should be."

When you say opposite i assume you mean from the left of the fir place to the right? Hmm maybe maybe not.. however i do remember reading somewhere that the Johnstons said the pictures don't show where her actual body position was compared to when they found her!

So what you're saying is they've bludgeoned her,, struck matches to have a look at the damage, disposed of the matches on the mackintosh and then moved her body to on top of the mackintosh? hmmm Nup.
      I've seen a drawing by Munro (embarrassingly bad drawing) showing the original position. It seems to me like she was rolled over maybe?

Her head if she fell into the fireplace would not have been on the rug naturally, she's been pulled out of the fire and plonked down there. I do not know why she was rolled over.

Comment

• If her head fell on the fireplace there would be blood there.
        I think she was rolled over, after the Johnstons first saw her to uncover the mackintosh they found.

Comment

I have some other things I'd like to restate, develop on....

Julia was dirty, lazy, often ill and old…not very attractive traits in a spouse. If William was bossy, dominating etc. then wouldn’t some of his instructions have been, clean yourself up, clean the house up etc.? Julia was doing NOTHING. What was Julia bringing to the relationship?

How explosive would it have been to be thinking you made the wrong decision in life to then find out your lazy, dirty, unloving, childless wife was not only 53 when you got married 16 years ago, she was therefore now 69!!

Did William watch his 37 year old wife age two years to his one, for 16 years? (and/or not notice it?)

I agree with Herlock that they were not the happy couple outsiders believed them to be (I can't remember reading anywhere that someone said they were...some customers and Mr Crewe liked William...customers and boss hmmm.... but not anyone else mentioning the "couple"). The best picture would always be painted by the invisible, paid help i.e. Mrs. Wilson and Dr Curwen.

Rumours about William’s sexuality and or affairs are just that, rumours. Even if Julia found out about either, she was not in any position to blackmail him. She was bringing nothing to the relationship and would lose the income and roof over her head that William was providing. If she was told of William’s dalliances, wouldn’t that person (who was brave enough to tell Julia) have gone to the police to help provide a motive?
          I look at the photographs inside the house and it doesn't look dirty. They had a charwoman who came and cleaned for them.

There is really nothing to say he just found out about her age or whatever lol. I think it's something he might have told his friends (about her age I mean) before it occurred to him to do her in.

If he did find out and decide to kill her then it happened in January I think because the diary entries are corroborated as true.

The maid hadn't seen them together often but said when she did they were on good terms.

They did argue once, William told her off for buying too many newspapers. Although it was years earlier. No recent arguing which you might expect if there had been a sudden realization of something angering.

What I might suggest as a motive would be anything relating to a loss of control. So for example if he THOUGHT Julia was banging Parry or overly flirty or something. And then framing him would make sense... He could have the guy put in a call on a false pretext and then he knows the guy's torally F-d because there's not gonna be any alibi.

Comment

If her head fell on the fireplace there would be blood there.
            I think she was rolled over, after the Johnstons first saw her to uncover the mackintosh they found.
            Yes I think so too, but it MUST have had, because she has fallen into that fireplace. I guess her bottom half could crumple one way and her upper half the other. But the head where it is, cannot be where it naturally fell.

Like I said before she can't fall straight into the fire from the chair IMO because it's too far away.

Without a struggle, and I feel sure the first strike put her out unconscious, the position of the body is very unnatural... You know though, they could have rotated the rug 180 degrees. Has anyone considered that? Because that would leave her feet in that position.

Comment

• She was not BANGING Parry or vice versa... she was 69!

They had a cleaner come in once a week...yet Julia was not doing anything.. and you're basing your judgements on black and white photo's...lol...the Nurse said she was “Peculiar in her manner and dirty..."
              And if the cleaner came in once a week why didn't she come on the 14th...was she asked not to?

"They did argue once, William told her off for buying too many newspapers. Although it was years earlier. No recent arguing which you might expect if there had been a sudden realization of something angering."

Based on this statement I think you cant possibly be married WWH... They did argue once....LOL... that was based on someone hearing the argument... LOL... you dont have to argue loud enough for others to hear to HATE someone!

"I think it's something he might have told his friends"... He had no friends!...except Amy

Comment

She was not BANGING Parry or vice versa... she was 69!

They had a cleaner come in once a week...yet Julia was not doing anything.. and you're basing your judgements on black and white photo's...lol...the Nurse said she was “Peculiar in her manner and dirty..."
                And if the cleaner came in once a week why didn't she come on the 14th...was she asked not to?

"They did argue once, William told her off for buying too many newspapers. Although it was years earlier. No recent arguing which you might expect if there had been a sudden realization of something angering."

Based on this statement I think you cant possibly be married WWH... They did argue once....LOL... that was based on someone hearing the argument... LOL... you dont have to argue loud enough for others to hear to HATE someone!

"I think it's something he might have told his friends"... He had no friends!...except Amy
                William might have THOUGHT she was or that she was overly flirty.

There are two people who said she's dirty.

It wasn't based on people hearing, it was in William's diary. He said they had fallen out over it and he felt bad about arguing with her ir something.

He did have friends. Caird was one for example. But he was a little reclusive. Seems a bit Julia-ish.

Comment

• "There are two people who said she's dirty."... that's 2 times more people that i would hate to think i am dirty!!

...and he has ONE friend... wow

I think I've rebutted your evidence"... you wanna have a go at mine? you only tackled half of my last post e.g. what's your response to -

And... are your married?

Comment

"There are two people who said she's dirty."... that's 2 times more people that i would hate to think i am dirty!!

...and he has ONE friend... wow

I think I've rebutted your evidence"... you wanna have a go at mine? you only tackled half of my last post e.g. what's your response to -

And... are your married?
                    Uh not really I'm watching Friends at present. What is it you want a rebuttal of? I know about the nurse, you neglected to mention the other person who also said she was dirty.

It might have been Alfred Mather.

Comment

• You said in Post 397 that there are 2 persons who said she's dirty.. not me.... stop the ACID

I think I've rebutted your evidence"... you wanna have a go at mine?

You only tackled half of my last post e.g. what's your response to -

Comment

• OK WWH, I think Herlock, Caz", myself et al, have rebutted enough of your "what ifs".. your website and resourcefulness has been fantastic.. but your comments just don't add up... give me a week or 7 to re-read the trial transcript and other bits and pieces

Comment

You said in Post 397 that there are 2 persons who said she's dirty.. not me.... stop the ACID

I think I've rebutted your evidence"... you wanna have a go at mine?

You only tackled half of my last post e.g. what's your response to -

I was literally helping your comment as it was lacking knowledge that would be beneficial for your case. You only knew about the nurse. I added another one for you.

Comment

OK WWH, I think Herlock, Caz", myself et al, have rebutted enough of your "what ifs".. your website and resourcefulness has been fantastic.. but your comments just don't add up... give me a week or 7 to re-read the trial transcript and other bits and pieces
                            I don't know, I mean it took pages upon pages for people to finally accept the milk boy came after 18:30. At least that's been cleared up. But there's probably more.

I'm sure it will take at least 100 pages to convince people William may have had help...

I also do see a discovery of the age and deception as a possible addition to a motive but not just straight reason to kill lol. Maybe you're the type to steal millions from poor defenceless old people or think it makes perfect sense to kill someone for being old. But I think there would be additional factors.
                            Last edited by WallaceWackedHer; 02-11-2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• I'm about to head out. I don't understand what information you want. Mrs Draper gave a reason why she hadn't been that week. She wasn't asked to not come, I think she had a family tragedy, I recall someone had died. I might be wrong.

I don't think Julia was tidy so....... I think the house looks decently clean from the photos, the ones you think should clearly show blood spray but not grime I suppose. I think the charwoman is responsible for the upkeep of the house - like why it looks presentable to me.

None of the officers said the house was grimey lol.

Comment

Rod's idea is similar to mine but the differences make his practically an impossibility. I can indeed name reasons, there are too many so let me just state the obvious... This is what he's saying: Julia finds out a stranger is burgling her, she then lets him drag her into the parlour and shove her down onto the chair without struggling at all, and then makes no attempt to defend herself as the bar comes crashing down. I could go on and on...
                                This doesn’t come close to disproving the theory I’m afraid. It might easily be suggested that the killer threatened her by saying “keep your mouth shut and you won’t get hurt.” Julia starts to get jumpy so the killer walks her without her having time to defend herself. This is very simple and I can’t believe that the day would come when I’d be partially defending Rod’s theory.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                                X