Ghosts....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
    Sally,I am intrigued by 'broad range of phenomena '.I am going to organise a photo shoot in an environment that is associated with such phenomena in the near future, as i live in a area with a fairly rich store of ghost folk-lore.
    Hi, Scorpio,
    Very interesting. Been on a couple of those myself.

Do you anticipate "orbs" or what?

Will it be in the daytime or after dark?

What is normally seen when you do these photo shoots?

curious

Comment

Even after all these years the one million dollars is still sitting there.

Conclusive surely?

The James Randi Educational Foundation's Million Dollar Challenge has been terminated. Please see http://web.randi.org/home/jref-status for details.
      Last edited by louisa; 06-24-2012, 12:47 PM. Reason: Text change
      This is simply my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by louisa View Post
        Even after all these years the one million dollars is still sitting there.

Conclusive surely?

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
        I agree, Louisa.

Here's a nice (true !) personal anecdote.

Years ago I followed Brighton football team, who were then 2nd division (maybe passed to the bottom of the 1st).

They were so successful at that time ( circa 1983 ?), that they got to the
        FA Cup final against Man. Utd.

At the time their best (?) player and Captain , Steve Foster ( ? this is off the top of my head) was banned for 3 matches. Therefore he couldn't play in the Cup Final.
        However (his wife ?) a woman had a dream (recounted on The News) that she had seen seen Foster receiving the FA Cup.

The match was played and was a draw and so that mean't that in actual fact Steve Foster could play in the Cup Final afterall -and that was something that his wife couldn't have forseen in advance.

I was convinced that Brighton were foredestined to win that Cup Final.

Therefore, the one and only time that I have ever walked into a betting shop to bet, I bet my month's wages on Brighton.

Wiser people than me tried to persuade me out of it, but I didn't listen. Afterall, if you're convinced, why go only half way ?

I invited friends round to dinner, and put champagne on ice..

I remember that I could even hear Manchester's goals coming in, from the kitchen

...(I skulked)

I think that Manchester won 4/0 and Brighton ended up relegated, and that put a perspective on 'psychic dreams' for me (although I have had some myself).

There are many strange 'coincidences' in life (Horatio), but don't ever put your faith in anything esoteric would me my take on things.

Bog standard logic usually pans out better...
        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
          Hi, Scorpio,
          Very interesting. Been on a couple of those myself.

Do you anticipate "orbs" or what?

Will it be in the daytime or after dark?

What is normally seen when you do these photo shoots?

curious
          Curious, i anticipate being cold and bored;but i just might be proved wrong
          SCORPIO

Comment

Curious, i anticipate being cold and bored;but i just might be proved wrong
            It sounds fascinating Scorpio - I wonder what (if anything) will happen?

Good luck with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
              It sounds fascinating Scorpio - I wonder what (if anything) will happen?

Good luck with it!
              Thank you Sally,
              My friends seem more open to the possibilities than me, but lets say that i will be happy to catch anything on camera that i cannot readily explain; i might take one of those sensitive audio recorders also and see what it picks up.
              SCORPIO

Comment

Thank you Sally,
                My friends seem more open to the possibilities than me, but lets say that i will be happy to catch anything on camera that i cannot readily explain; i might take one of those sensitive audio recorders also and see what it picks up.
                some friends and I did a "ghost walk" around town with a tour group and had numerous "orbs" of different colors, but of course those can be dust.

Good luck!

Comment

some friends and I did a "ghost walk" around town with a tour group and had numerous "orbs" of different colors, but of course those can be dust.

Good luck!
                  Curious,
                  I have envisioned a BlairWitch set-up: a few friends, some recording equipment,
                  and an out of the way location. The site of a small-pox hospital seems promising.
                  SCORPIO

Comment

Curious,
                    I have envisioned a BlairWitch set-up: a few friends, some recording equipment,
                    and an out of the way location. The site of a small-pox hospital seems promising.
                    Are there stories of unexplained happenings there?

Comment

Are there stories of unexplained happenings there?
                      Yes, but not as many as some places in the neighbourhood; it is really about finding places that we can gain access to.
                      SCORPIO

Comment

Even back in his day, Shakespeare (1564-1616) recognized:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                        Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Even in the 21st century, we don't know, we can only wonder and guess -- and discuss.

curious
                        I certainly agree with this Curious and please, if ever somebody does better than 'wondering' do let me know! I also agree with the notion that our current brain-capacity is too limited to understand such things...I KNOW it happened yet cannot explain it - YES! I agree!!! In some future age I think that it may become given that passed energy can re-visit the Earth in the form of orbs/smells/physical activity etc. I believe this as I know it happened and Scientists are far cleverer than I!!! JUST a matter of time...

C.
                        I read it all, every word, and I still don't understand a thing... - Travis

Comment

I will add another ghost story here. True of course.

My brother back in the early 80s were leisurely driving about Phoenix, just talking and checking out the outer edges of town (Phx has grown rapidly, those now are not the outer edges, but...)

So we were on this road that was completely empty of cars. A mountain to the right of us with a huge empty expanse of land in front of it leading up to our road. Cacti, sagebrush, and all the rest of the desert trim, stony, dusty landscape. No houses anywhere for miles on either side of the road.

The road was divided by a middle section about 3 feet wide, more dirt and cacti planted in it but coming up in front of us in it was some sort of electrical box, (in the barrier, left of us), and 5 people coming from the right of us attempting eventually to cross the road as if there were a road crossing ours there, but there was not.

The five people consisted of two women on the extreme right, still off the road in the desert but just reaching the road. They were a young girl wearing a long dress and plain shoes, long dark hair, early 20s. Another woman next to her was in her 40s, looked to be a mother and daughter to me. The young girl was looking down, seemed depressed. These women seemed to stop for the car to pass. I wondered about their attire, it seemed not fit to be trapesing about the desert in, especially the shoes, flats, sort of house shoes if anything. There were needles out there from the cacti, it was a hot sun, and there was nothing out there to be heading out from anyway.

To our surprise three men were simply crossing the road without heeding our car, which was going about 40mph, we were forced to slow down, and then finally stop to avoid hitting them. We both just stared at them all, wondering why they proceeded in front of us. A second later we would be past them.

These three men in the middle of the road in front of us now and moving slowly. Farthest to the right of them, a man about 30, on the far left a heavy man in overalls with suspenders and a plain shirt, about 45 and in the middle an old man, looking very frail and being helped to cross. Very thin, greyish skin, not well looking. Both men sort of holding him up as they crossed. One of these men made eye contact with me, or our car maybe. The heavy man on the left.

As soon as the eye contact was made the five were just not there. The scene in front of us simply did not contain them at all.

Of course we were shocked, 'where did they go' 'did you see that' 'what did you see'? Everything was the same for both of us. We saw the same people and were able to describe them to each other, exactly. Some my brother described to me, yes, that was what I saw. Some I described to him, yes, that is what he saw. He did not want me to ever mention it to anyone, for fear of being told he was crazy. My brother does not believe in ghosts. Or he didn't.

We did realize a few minutes into the conversation and said to each other that these people looked very much like the dust bowl days of the 30s.

Still think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
                            Do you believe in ghosts?

Has anybody ever seen a ghost?

What do you think ghosts are?

A restless spirit?

A 'recording' of a past event which somehow left it's mark on time?

A product of mass hysteria?

Mostly I go with the hysteria thing I think when your dead your dead no after life & no ghost, the residual haunting theory intrigues me though.

Comment

I don't have any ghost experiences to share but I am a believer. I enjoy watching those ghost hunting shows, even though alot of them are more "Hollywood" than fact. I mostly love the history of the locations that they go to.

Comment

I saw a cartoon dogs face once, kind of like the end of a looney tunes cartoon face, staring back at me from the canal, I had been fishing all night and as dawn broke just a shadow on the water suggested it to my tired mind and it filled in the rest.
                                So I dont believe ghosts physically exist, what are the photons bouncing off so that you can see them?
                                I do believe in a kind of consciousness that we rarely experience, and if we experience it it is easier to believe in ghosts or ufo's than it is to think our mind could mislead us so much.
                                All the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X