kennedy assassination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom
    Ive got to admit I skipped 20-30 pages which related to the Johnson/Johnsons aides attitude or supposed attitude to jacqueline kennedy immediately after the assassination and up to the time when johnson set up home in the white house.It didnt interest me,but otherwise I read it all,hard going sometimes but ultimately rewarding.
    How did Bugliosi come across? arrogant? or not? .....Free Charlie?There are still one or two today who feel Manson was "railroaded" poor ole charlie,a victim of circumstance,.......Im of the opinion that today he would have a 50-50 chance of getting off,not cos he was innocent but cos of certain attitudes that are prevalent today.....But wasnt "ouisch" cute,reverend morehouses daughter and confirmed follower of manson....cute in appearance anyhow.........like most women

Comment

Of course Charlie would not be convicted today of murders he didn't commit. But that's another discussion. Did you know that two of the people who rode on a bus with Oswald were living in Battlecrease house at the time? A fascinating JFK/JTR connection reported in the Whitechapel Socieity journal recently.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
        Of course Charlie would not be convicted today of murders he didn't commit. But that's another discussion. Did you know that two of the people who rode on a bus with Oswald were living in Battlecrease house at the time? A fascinating JFK/JTR connection reported in the Whitechapel Socieity journal recently.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
        Really? odd coincidence,Id never heard that before,I hope the conspiracy buffs aint listening..god knows what story they might cook up.....Was Oswald a time travelling serial killer?..dont even go there
        regards

Comment

Hellow Siggy. Welcome back.

Comment

Sigh. Yes Manson would have been found guilty today because he was convicted of CONSPIRACY to commit murder. As conspiracy to murder someone is the same thing as murder if the plan goes through, you are found guilty by being responsible for the act, even if your knife wasnt' the one that sliced flesh. Manson, was convicted of CONSPIRACY, which carries responsibility for the act and is therefore murder.

So yes, he would still be convicted today, Tom.

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Alley, if it is that simple, then how come O.J. was not convicted?

Comment

Originally posted by plang View Post
                Alley, if it is that simple, then how come O.J. was not convicted?
                Celebrity?

Race card?

Poor prosecution?

Comment

The answer is "C."

Rather obvious, but I imagine some wish to read into things.

Yours truly,

--J.D.

Comment

Racist jury wanting to stick it to the man.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                      Racist jury wanting to stick it to the man.
                      Who chose the jury?

Who presented the evidence in such a way that insomniacs fell asleep?

As a Florida prosecutor put it--who is hardly an O.J. apologist--"poor prosecutors always blame the jury."

Clark and Darden really had no idea what they were up against. Fame played a part in that O.J. could afford the legal representation that could nail them. Hence you have Clark whimpering later that "most defendants" in his situation would have plead out to avoid the death penalty and retain some hope of getting out.

O.J. was not "most defendants." He was rich.

As Chris Rock put it, "if it was 'Orenthal J. Simpson, the bus driver,' it would be 'Orenthal J. Simpson convicted double-murderer!"

Clark and Darden came to what they thought was a soft-ball match and found the 2007 Red Sox.

--J.D.

Comment

• As in so many of these "celebrity" trials today,its not a case of innocence or guilt any more. More a case of who has the best lawyer......my personal favourite was Irving Kanarek,he could drag petty issues out for weeks and get the jury to a state of complete disinterest.If my memory serves me right he was part of the Manson defence team.And im pretty sure it was he ,while defending a family member accused of breaking out of prison,came out with the unique defense that criminals had broke into the prison and kidnapped the accused. They threw away the mould after they created him...mores the pity.
                        regards

Comment

• Regardless, Paul Newman in 'Coolhand Luke' blasts them all!
                          And Steve McQueen in Papion.
                          The O.J. movie, yet to be released, should be a real eye opener as to his innocence.

Comment

• Oh, and by the way, the answer is 'P' as in politics, there was interference by the higher-ups. Better to let him off than deal with riots nation wide such as the L.A. Riot over whats his name...King.

Comment

• Methinks Mike Tyson got a raw deal too.He came from the wrong side of the tracks,whereas a certain posturing tart didnt..in my opinion....and it is only my opinion of course.
                              regards

Comment

• Regarding Tyson, I paraphrase a commentator at the time, "if he's guilty he should get 20 years, if he's innocent he should get 15."

Dealing with a man who punched out old ladies for their money. On my long list of "Things I Should Have Sympathy for," Mike Tyson is right below "Hitler's rancid piles" and above "Roger Clemens."

--J.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X