Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'Day

Today's paper announces arrest expected soon.

GUT
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
      G'Day

Today's paper announces arrest expected soon.

GUT
      I was in America recently, October, and it was on the tele there about 10 years after the event.

You've gotta laugh but this world is monumentally ****ed up.

All this energy into one bairn when millions go missing from working class areas every day.

The whole thing has taken on celebrity status, which simply boggles the mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
        I was in America recently, October, and it was on the tele there about 10 years after the event.

You've gotta laugh but this world is monumentally ****ed up.

All this energy into one bairn when millions go missing from working class areas every day.

The whole thing has taken on celebrity status, which simply boggles the mind.
        There's a certain irony in posting this on a website for people who are fascinated by a 125 year old series of murders. Some crimes are just more interesting than others.
        - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
          There's a certain irony in posting this on a website for people who are fascinated by a 125 year old series of murders. Some crimes are just more interesting than others.
          No there's not, Ginger.

Jack The Ripper is a bit of a 'whodunnit' from 125 years ago that the press isn't forcing down our gullets at every opportunity.

Whereas this bairn is all over the shop, and the press won't let it go while ignoring hundreds of working class bairns who go missing every day; and every idiot and his dog is lapping up the whole celebrity, press induced farce.

Comment

• The press is there to make money, and will do what it takes to sell advertising space. The publications that try to force uninteresting topics upon the public soon go out of business. Again, some crimes are just more interesting than others. That's why you still see a steady trickle of popular articles about Jack the Ripper, generally when someone announces that they've discovered his identity.
            - Ginger

Comment

• Whenever I read/see/hear this case in the news I see it as a reason for the media, at least some parts of it, to basically say look at these bad parents leaving their children alone all over again. They love pushing that because they know many newspaper buyers will lap that sort of thing up. Sad. These newspaper buyers have already had it rammed down them but are happy to buy the latest edition to have it rammed down them again. Maybe it gives them some kind of perverted kick.
              These are not clues, Fred.
              It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
              They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
              And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
              We will not.

Comment

• G'Day Ozzy

So do you contend that after a period of time, the press should drop off a subject that is still of interest or unresolved?
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• If that is your contention, it's ironical on a site dedicated to a 125 year old cold case, don't you think?
                  G U T

Comment

• GUT
                    Hello, but..
                    Hold on there. Let me reply to the first post that begins with G'Day Ozzy.
                    No I do not contend that after a period of time, the press should drop off a subject that is still of interest or unresolved.
                    I can fully understand how you might extrapolate that though.
                    These are not clues, Fred.
                    It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                    They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                    And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                    We will not.

Comment

• Leaks

Very concerned in just who is behind the leaks re three burglers.....
                      I just cant see our police leaking stuff at such a critical stage....Why on earth would they want to ruin a collaboration? Cant help feeling more is happening than this...

Pat.......................................
                      Last edited by Paddy; 01-20-2014, 10:03 AM. Reason: omission

Comment

• In this case recently the press confused the suspect that died with the man seen with child. As with Jacks case I think suspects were confused....
                        Ie Isenschmidts brother that didnt exist !

Pat...............................
                        Last edited by Paddy; 01-20-2014, 10:07 AM. Reason: daft

Comment

• Saw a news report that a lawyer tried to use McCann parents not beng charged to defend his clients on child negligence charges, argued that what they did was worse than what his client did. They weren't charged so his client should not have been.
                          G U T

Comment

• Burglers

Lets be honest, would you tell three burglers you are on to them?
                            whoever leaked that, why would they warn them?

Pat.............................

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              Saw a news report that a lawyer tried to use McCann parents not beng charged to defend his clients on child negligence charges, argued that what they did was worse than what his client did. They weren't charged so his client should not have been.
                              Now I must know what his clients did. And what country was this lawyer in? If it was anywhere but Belgium, that's a pretty specious argument. It's like arguing that because something isn't a crime in Iceland, your Honor, my client here in the great state of Texas being on trial for it is a mockery of justice.

Comment

• It was in UK.

She went down the shop leaving the child [age not given in article I read] at home. On her way home she had an accident [article implied drink driving but did not state it outright] was taken to hospital and child found at home alone, she was charged!!
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X