Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am currently reading James Murphys book and have read Roger Wilkes Wallace the final verdict. I feel it is important to read different authors views
    and can make up my mind (as much as possible) whos version I can agree with.
    X Looby

Comment

• This is a case from my neck of the woods. Have a look at Yo Liverpool. There's lots of knowledge on one of the threads. Worth a look at, although I think someone who posts on this forum, posts on the Yo Liverpool forum.

Comment

• Hi Burk. I've read that thread. Lot of great people, but they seem to think more than they actually do, because they're way off base factually.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by burkhilly View Post
          This is a case from my neck of the woods. Have a look at Yo Liverpool. There's lots of knowledge on one of the threads. Worth a look at, although I think someone who posts on this forum, posts on the Yo Liverpool forum.
          Yes burkhilly. The Yo! Julia Wallace thread is excellent. A lot more sensible discussion (and fair minded). As far as I know, a lot of the correspondents on Yo! are well read on the case.
          "It is Accomplished"

Comment

• Visited Anfield Cemetary a couple of weeks ago, on a planned walk. A facinating and very historical place. I saw the Wallace grave, very plain and poignant. Someone had left a few silk flowers.

I believe that Mr Wallace was innocent and therefore felt very sad to see the grave of two people who according to everything I have read were an inoffensive couple, whose lives were destroyed by a horrible and violent crime.

Comment

• I believe Wallace's first inference was against a chap name Marsden. Why did he switch his assertion to Parry. Did the first guy have too good an alibi? Now, throw in Johnston. I tend to think Wallace did it but there are at least five possibles including a random attack.
              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I am unsure wether Wallace was guilty but I do wonder why someone went to the trouble of getting him out of the house that night to murder Julia when it could perhaps have been done during the day when Wallace was at work.

I suppose a possible answer is that there might have been more people around during the day to see an attacker enter and leave the house.

Comment

• Presumably the murderer had a job as well and so wouldn't have been free during the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by gallicrow View Post
                    Presumably the murderer had a job as well and so wouldn't have been free during the day.
                    Goood point - although they could have 'thrown a sickie' - but I suppose that might have looked suspicious.

Comment

• Thursday of this week is the 80th Anniversary of the Wallace Case. Give yourself an hour to read this. An excellent re-visit to the case. This was prepared by two people with an interest in the case, and I hope they won't mind me sharing this.

(Open in Firefox if possible)

Comment

• This is fantastic! A really interesting case. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• I believe Wallace also listed a guy named Young as someone police should look at.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                            I believe Wallace also listed a guy named Young as someone police should look at.
                            Yes that was Stan Young. I honestly believe the whole concept of any conspiracy is absurd Stan. I believe that it could may well now be Wallace. As you know Stan I have made hundreds of posts on this subject (as you have!)

I've currently written about 50,000 words of the book. The way it is going it could end up around 250,000!
                            "It is Accomplished"

Comment

• Thanks Marko. Do you know Marsden's first name?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                                Thanks Marko. Do you know Marsden's first name?
                                Hi Stan
                                His full name was Joseph Caleb Marsden. He lived in 24 Adelaide Road in the Kensington area of Liverpool.
                                "It is Accomplished"

Comment

Working...
                                X