When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    Making things up and then arguing with yourself as if someone else said them is a pretty silly debating strategy if it can even be called that.
    Which is why I suggested you cease doing it.

Your posts are there. Your claim is there. Your inability to defend it is there. Your facile and childish claims that the US could "just covertly" gain control of the Middle East oil--as well as your agreement with an attempt at conquest--are all there.

I merely underscored your foolishness.

You really have only yourself to blame. In the future, if you wish to avoid appearing foolish, you should research the subject a bit more and post more responsibly.

Not terribly complicated.

In the rain.

--J.D.

Comment

• I never said anything about conquering anyone. You are too ridiculous.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I never said anything about conquering anyone. You are too ridiculous.
        Unfortunate.

Originally posted by Moi
        You seriously think . . . that the Soviets . . . would just sit by, while we CONQUERED THE ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST?!
        Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        Yes, trying that in the Middle East is exactly what we should have done. That's how you get people's attention.
        Quod erat demonstrandum.

Perhaps you need to read what you write?

--J.D.

Comment

• Yes, as a covert action as I said, not a military conquest. You conveniently left that part out. You should really try to come up with a thought of your own. We will all be shocked if that ever happens.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Mike, you have all those books on Roswell!
            Next step is to infiltrate the compounds. Heed warning to the signs that trespassers may be shot. And it's not a video game!
            Last edited by plang; 05-08-2008, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Yes, as a covert action as I said, not a military conquest.
              You were shown why "covert action" would not secure the oil supply. You were then informed the only way to "secure the oil supply" was to effectively conquer the territory.

You conveniently left that part out.
              See above.

You will find reading the thread--including your wild imaginations--will make you appear less foolishly dishonest.

You should really try to come up with a thought of your own. We will all be shocked if that ever happens.
              I doubt I could imagine a more ridiculous thought than the US could have gained control of the Middle East oil supply through "covert" action, conquest, or any of the other facile claims you tossed out then became petulant over when you discovered you had no idea how to make it work.

Baring that, obtain a good psycholytic to take care of those voices.

Yours truly,

--J.D.

Comment

• That's it in a nutshell Doc. The American Imperialists plan failed miserably.
                On to plan 'd'.

Comment

• Hi Plang, and Gang,

I started collecting books on the paranormal and unexplained when I was 8, over 20 years ago, by the time I was 14 I started seriously collecting books on ufo's, but always got sidetracked by other books on the varied range of subjects.
                  I have thousands now, spread over 5 big bookcases, and held together by an industrial ratchet strap, which is usually used to hold a car on a transporter!!

Yesterday I discovered a back street antiques store, and bought loads of Hull postcards, books, and a copy of Sweeney Todd play book from the 1970's.
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi X,

You really souldn't let it worry you so.

Stan Reid

Comment

You really souldn't [Sic--Ed.] let it worry you so.
                      I concern myself with the well-being of all.

Noblesse oblige

--J.D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                        Hi Plang, and Gang,

I started collecting books on the paranormal and unexplained when I was 8, over 20 years ago, by the time I was 14 I started seriously collecting books on ufo's, but always got sidetracked by other books on the varied range of subjects.
                        I have thousands now, spread over 5 big bookcases, and held together by an industrial ratchet strap, which is usually used to hold a car on a transporter!!

Yesterday I discovered a back street antiques store, and bought loads of Hull postcards, books, and a copy of Sweeney Todd play book from the 1970's.
                        So you do collect postcards? I have seen a lot of Hull PCs on ebay and online and wondered if you collected them.
                        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi X,

I hope you get some help with your personal problems. I wish you the best.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Celesta View Post
                            So you do collect postcards? I have seen a lot of Hull PCs on ebay and online and wondered if you collected them.
                            Hi Celesta,

It's nothing serious, if I see them in shops I will but one's that have personal intrest, places that are no longer there, and sites associated with Stephenson and family etc.

I was offered a large file of A4 reprints recentlt but turned them down, as I have neither the use, nor space for them!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• As usual, UFO Hunters last night was all hunting and no finding.

Stan Reid

Comment

As usual, UFO Hunters last night was all hunting and no finding.

I didnt even see it, Stan, even though I switched over there. It didn't look like UFO Hunters.

Mike, Look on ebay anyway. There are some old ones and you can get them at a good price. You might just recognize some Stephenson stuff. I wouldn't know it if I saw it.
                                "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                                X