No announcement yet.

When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The clock on the wall had it's hands at 1.50 just like the pictures in magazines!

There was also much debate as to wether the phone was old as it had a curly wire!!
    Regards Mike

Comment

• You have to love that! People just do not pay attention when they are forging things the way they should.

--J.D.

Comment

• So it's an act of war but we were afraid to do anything about it. That was our finest hour. When Carter was in, he said we won't go to your Olympics. Our athletes loved that one. Take that you dirty dog Soviets. If anyone else takes our embassy, another act of war, then we'll turn the lights off on our Christmas tree. Now do you believe we're a super power?

I have The UFO Crash at Roswell but that's all. It's a fun read.
        Last edited by sdreid; 05-05-2008, 03:24 PM.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          So it's an act of war. . . .
          Refusal to sell is not an act of war. It may prove "inconvenient."

. . . but we were afraid to do anything about it.
          What would you do?

Specifically.

Now do you believe we're a super power?
          We have PEZ.

this spell check stinks
          Firefox or Safari. Never preferred Safari but, for the first time it far faster than FF on my Widdle Mac. FF is still more secure and modifiable. Both have good spellchecks.

--J.D.

Comment

• I bet we'd treat it as an act of war if it happened today so since when is it the calendar?

I would have turned on the covert to start with and amped it up from there as needed. Even Clinton was willing to bomb the hell out of practically anyone at the drop of a hat.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Woah! Have I missed something, are we going to war?
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

I'm not going anywhere except out to mow my lawn.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Thats good, I have hidden my protractor, calculator and other weapons of maths instruction anyway!

It is lovely here in Hull, a really nice calm, sunny day, with a mild wind but not too strong!
                  The wife is at work though
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Gee, after all my discussions on Veeps and Prezzes I thought we could change the name of this thread. But back to basics.

Is the UFO-ologist Philip Klass dead? I once or twice wrote to him.

Jeff

Comment

Hi Mike,

I'm not going anywhere except out to mow my lawn.

You plan would not have worked; it would not then nor now gain you control of the oil. It WOULD have put the Middle East in the hands of the Soviet Union, however.

--J.D.

Comment

• Klass died the year before last, methinks.

--J.D.

Comment

• The Soviets couldn't get control of much of anything after 1960. It would have probably been settled before they even knew what was going on like in Chile.

Stan Reid

Comment

The Soviets couldn't get control of much of anything after 1960.
                            You seriously think . . . that the Soviets . . . would just sit by, while we CONQUERED THE ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST?!

You think no one else would have noticed?

Seriously.

--J.D.

Comment

• There are always underlings who are eager to step into power and be friendly with us for our assistance. If a new government started selling us oil again, why would the Soviets care? Back then, we weren't laboring under Carter's executive order and none of these governments were really strong nor were they democracies. Not that this stopped us in Chile.

Stan Reid

Comment

There are always underlings who are eager to step into power. . . .
                                How will you arrange that? Why do you think it is so easy to do that?

If a new government started selling us oil again, why would the Soviets care?
                                Be . . . cause . . . it . . . threatened . . . their interests?

Not that this stopped us in Chile.
                                We actually did not do much in Chile, and Chile was in our "sphere of influence" much like Poland and Cambridge were in the USSR's.

Try doing that in the Middle East.

You seem to be presenting "solutions" that are imaginary: declarations without a means to achieve them. You criticized Nixon for not seeking war with the Middle East, but you offer no indication on how he should have prosecuted such successfully.

I might as well claim I intend to infiltrate Nicole Kidman's hot-tube while Selma Hyek is there.

--J. "Is that Angelina?" D.

Comment

Working...
                                X