When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool, I thought, Mike.

Jeff, It's good to hear this about your mom. My brother was really chatty this morning. He had a hundred things to tell me, so it looks like his energy level is getting closer to normal. His tongue is numb but he thinks that part of it is because of the medication. The doctor had to splice a bit of the nerve and says he can't predict the effects, but that the tip of my brother's tongue may be numb. We'll see.

Stan, Thanks.

"What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• In what has to be the funniest news report of the year...so far anyway, a lamb has been spotted headbutting an Eagle!!

Regards Mike

Comment

• I believe UFO Hunters is doing saucer crashes tonight. As for MonsterQuest, I think they're hunting something called Swamp Stalker, whatever that is.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing at least some of that, Stan, if we can dodge the tornadoes. Have you all had any tornadoes up there yet?

Well, here comes a new thunderstorm warning. Yippee.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi Celesta,

I have been home today with my nieces (on a visit). They are in good spirits (the youngest one beat us in Monopoly). It has been raining and slightly snowing today. No lightning or tornados.

The papers said the Texas fireballs were part of a meteorite - not any space junk - and not any UFO.

How's your brother doing today?

Jeff

Comment

• The "swamp stalker" was that Boggy Creek thing.

Mike-How is your heart doing?

Jeff-Yes, I heard that about the fireballs. They originally thought that it might be related to those satellites that collided.

Cel-I hope you can duck the tornadoes. We had one pass by last month but none since. Do you have a basement? I do.

They caught a bear not far from here. I don't really care for wildlife that has me on its menu.
              Last edited by sdreid; 02-19-2009, 05:56 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Morning gang,

I thought the fireballs were a viral marketing video, bearing in mind Transformers 2 is due out this summer. Although an actual meteorite makes more sense!

My heart is still neither here, nor there, but I'm keeping busy and trying not to dwell on it too much. Plenty of work to be getting on with.

Hope your brothers ok Celesta, and I had a nightmare the other night about thunder and lightening! I am usually ok with storms, and love the smell of ozone during and after a storm.
                Regards Mike

Comment

• Spent the day at the museums today with my son Bradley, here are some snaps from the different museums,

Bradley the Ripper!
                  Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Jeff, Stan, & Mike,

My brother seems to be doing alright. I was a little worried Tuesday and yesterday. His neck was hurting, but he thinks he got up too quickly during the night and maybe pulled it a little. The lymph glands were removed from his neck and the bleeding incident was from there. I've been worried about infection. He sounded better yesterday and last night though, other than being worried about his wife out in the storms.

It could have been worse last night, but there has been a fair amount of damage in some areas. There was one warning after another. Several twisters were spotted. A couple were filmed. It's rare here to actually clearly see a tornado. They're usually hidden in tons of rain and humidity. Someone filmed one that looked like the kind of twister one might see the midwest. It's caused a lot of comment here.

Stan, I was a bit disappointed, at first, that it was Boggy Creek, but what I saw was interesting. I flip back and forth between that show and Ghost Hunters. Spent more time on Monster Quest last night though. We've had reports of similar creatures here in GA, too. There are 2 types, the standard big one and a smaller "mean" one. No bears around here yet, but we're hearing about coyotes. I swear I saw one trotting up the street one afternoon. I keep a close eye on the dog, now, when I let her out. Animals are running out of places to live.
                    My cousin says to get a revolver because they're easier to clean and deal with. Any ideas on that?
                    Our basement is above ground. We have a closet in the middle that we have retreated to a few times.

Jeff, It sounds like you had a good visit then. It probably did your mom some good to see the kids, too.

I've heard both theories about the fireball. I believe this morning on CNN they were saying it was a meteorite. That's the second one in a short time.

Mike, I hope you're doing better today. Maybe the storms in the dream are just a sign of your anxiety over your heart or other things that trouble you. Just your mind's way of dealing with them.

Have a good day, All.

Comment

• That looks like a cool museum, Mike. I worked in a museum for a while, but it wasn't this cool. Handsome little fellow you've got there.

Comment

• Cel-Although rare, we have bears and cougars here now. Such would have been unheard of 20 years ago.

Some automatics are easy enough to clean but I'd recommend a double action revolver for a first gun because they are more reliable. Automatics can jam sometimes. They do often have a larger round capacity so they make a good second gun. Automatics are not necessarily more expensive even though they look like they should be because they can be made with stampings. Revolvers are pretty much all machined parts which cost more.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Atlantis Found?
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• I've wondered if Atlantis wasn't just the B.C. name for North America.

Anyway, we're getting ready for our monthly impeachment here in Illinois.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Morning/Afternoon Gang,

Hi Stan, Thanks. That jives with what my cousin said, concerning revolvers. The only time I used an automatic, it jammed. I would prefer reliable when a 6-foot home invader is rushing towards me. I didn't even know my cousin knew about these things until yesterday, but it makes since because he was a deputy.

As for impeachments, we got one down here I'd be delighted to see get impeached. Maybe a little impeachment party isn't a bad thing, now and then.

Hi Mike, That's an interesting grid pattern shown in the article. Right angle fracturing is not uncommon in nature. Imagine the size those 'roads' would have to be though. The legend of Atlantis is fascinating though, and I can't resist looking at any reports I hear about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Celesta View Post
                                Hi Jeff, Stan, & Mike,

No bears around here yet, but we're hearing about coyotes. I swear I saw one trotting up the street one afternoon. I keep a close eye on the dog, now, when I let her out. Animals are running out of places to live.
                                On two different occasions I've seen coyotes in/jumping out of trash dumpsters over on the University of Georgia campus in downtown Athens. Lyn has heard them howling at night, back in the woods behind our house. One of our nearby neighbors has shot three coyotes just this Winter. All manner of beasts are out there!

Vila
                                "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
                                Dan L Hollifield
                                Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
                                http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X