So, who REALLY killed Jill Dando?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

strongly agree. admittedly i dont know alot about this case, but from what i do know it seems its a classic case of famous person killed by lone loony. think chapman and hinkley. and theres tons of similar stalkers of famous people cases where they waited outside the residence and either killed or tried to kill them. imho it was probably barry or someone like him.

and the murder dosnt neccesassily need to be professional, although seems similar to professional(like a mafia hitman), but it certainly isnt political/ international hit because political hits tend to be claimed and they tend to be someone a tad more important and or in a position of actual political power.
    By all accounts, Abby, the nature of the murder points away from a professional.

It just shows you how much luck plays such a big part in whether or not these people get caught, and that includes Jack.

It was broad daylight, but fortunately for the killer he just got lucky enough for nobody to be in viewing distance. A few minutes either way and he wouldn't have been so lucky.

Comment

Having just finished the 3 part Netflix doco series on Jill Dando, what i find puzzling is the residue on the coat that the prosecution claims matched the crime scene .

How does that not warrent more investigating after it was simply deemed inadmissible as evidence ,either it matched the crime scene or it didnt ?.

In saying that , there doesnt seem a hell of a lot of other evidence against him.
      'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
        Having just finished the 3 part Netflix doco series on Jill Dando, what i find puzzling is the residue on the coat that the prosecution claims matched the crime scene .

How does that not warrent more investigating after it was simply deemed inadmissible as evidence ,either it matched the crime scene or it didnt ?.

In saying that , there doesnt seem a hell of a lot of other evidence against him.
        It was a single particle, Fishy, and forensic experts concluded it was just as likely to have come from a non-related source than it was to have come from a gun owned by Barry George. I suppose they were saying 50/50, sufficient for reasonable doubt.

Upon searching Barry George's home, police found underdeveloped photos of women, along with maps of his street, magazine cuttings of Jill Dando and weapon paraphernalia.

The consensus is that this wasn't a professional, given the details of the murder.

So, that leaves a stalker or a jilted lover or a neighbour with a grudge.

In the event it's a stalker, I don't think you'll find too many known stalkers, and Barry George was one, in that area with gun shot residue that matches the murder scene; magazine cuttings of Jill Dando and other bits and pieces.

Assuming the police weren't lying about what they found in Barry's home then I think they probably had the right man first time 'round.

Enough to convict? Beyond reasonable doubt? Borderline.

Comment

Thanks fm ,

Yes, the fact it matched the crime tho still baffles me tho.

if I had to call it i think Barry George killed her based on what i can see . Jmo .cheers
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Working...
          X