Some works of art, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suzi View Post
    Mags the top one looks great but trying to work that into downtown Whitechapel!!!

It would have to be downtown Whitechapel after a pretty heavy rain
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• For Suzi.

Hi Suzi.

Maybe this one will be easier for you to use
      Attached Files
      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• SoC

[ATTACH]3054[/ATTACH]

Hello everyone. First post! Trying to make it memorable.

I've kept the reconstructed face (but not the ear because there was nothing much to work from) translucent to allow the larger scale damage to show through. This gives the resulting blend a marmoreal look but the damage shows itself more clearly without trying to interpolate too much. I should say that there are other interpretations of the face, such as a flap from the forehead hanging over the root of the nose (sellion); I chose the one that seemed most likely to me. The image is coloured blue but apart from the over-painting of the new face and ear, is unaltered.

This isn't meant to be taken it too seriously but it's easier to get a sense of the injuries and their relation to each other when you can see a reasonably accurate redrawing of her face.

I hope this is of some interest to someone.

Thanks.
        Dominic Redsmith

Comment

• Hello Redsmith!

Not a bad reconstruction!

But somewhat eerie, I have to say!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Hey!

Great job. I like how you made it transparent to see through it. I agree that it's also a tad creepy but then again I like to do that with my own computer arts for JtR. hehehehe. WELCOME by the way!
            "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Seriously creepy with those placed eyes

- I can't help but feel that the top (visible) ear should be more on the side of the head to the right -otherwise it may appear to be slightly central!.

Without wanting to go off on one- the 'chemise' bugs me slightly too!

Interesting work though
              Suzi
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	mary.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	654714
                Just a thought
                (duck!)

Suzi x

Comment

• It's hard no? The trauma to the face is awful. Some of the skin has slid down towards the bed. You can make out her lips in all the photos and one eye, the end of her nose etc. Frustrates me - and I've spent HOURS looking at the "face" to see where things are and what goes where.

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Me too BK! and my PC and cam are playing up big time grrrrrrrrrrr Love your earlier pic though

Suz x

Comment

• Originally posted by Redsmith View Post
                      [ATTACH]3054[/ATTACH]

Hello everyone. First post! Trying to make it memorable.

I've kept the reconstructed face (but not the ear because there was nothing much to work from) translucent to allow the larger scale damage to show through. This gives the resulting blend a marmoreal look but the damage shows itself more clearly without trying to interpolate too much. I should say that there are other interpretations of the face, such as a flap from the forehead hanging over the root of the nose (sellion); I chose the one that seemed most likely to me. The image is coloured blue but apart from the over-painting of the new face and ear, is unaltered.

This isn't meant to be taken it too seriously but it's easier to get a sense of the injuries and their relation to each other when you can see a reasonably accurate redrawing of her face.

I hope this is of some interest to someone.

Thanks.
                      Hello Dominic,

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the site. This is a very nice first post. This is very interesting, esp. when you tilt your head and look into her eyes. It's very moving and sad. It's almost as if, in the end, she was thinking "You see, I knew he'd get me," or something to that effect.

Thank you.

Best,

Cel
                      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hello Blackkat!

Originally posted by Blackkat View Post
                        It's hard no? The trauma to the face is awful. Some of the skin has slid down towards the bed. You can make out her lips in all the photos and one eye, the end of her nose etc. Frustrates me - and I've spent HOURS looking at the "face" to see where things are and what goes where.

Probably everyone of us trying to reconstruct her face have spent at least hours looking for her pre-murder face!

All the best
                        Jukka
                        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Thank GAWWD I'm not the only one who has done that. Seriously I've gawked so much that after a bit her face just becomes a blur, then I snapped out of it and have literally caught myself turning around in my computer seat to make sure no one caught me obsessing. LOL

Ah well - BTW you guys check out the pub area I'm gonna post a picture of my cat -

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackkat View Post
                            Thank GAWWD I'm not the only one who has done that. Seriously I've gawked so much that after a bit her face just becomes a blur, then I snapped out of it and have literally caught myself turning around in my computer seat to make sure no one caught me obsessing. LOL

Ah well - BTW you guys check out the pub area I'm gonna post a picture of my cat -

There's so little to work with, BK, as the picture is not the best to begin with as far as rich detail goes.

I'll check out your cat.
                            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• No doubt of that. The Quality of the photo is what makes a persons hope fade. I still think that at some point we'll be able to do something, if nothing more than a good professional guesstimate, it's better than nothing.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	mary2.jpg
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	655018

Click image for larger version

Name:	mary4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	655019

Click image for larger version

Name:	mary5.jpg
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	655020

[ATTACH]3426[/ATTACH
                                Just some of my favs of mine....Gawd I hope I haven't posted 'em before!

Gawd they're tiny! WHY?????????????

Suz x
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X