• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something fairly recent

“Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Wow! Holy cow, you guys are good!
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Really great stuff.
        *claps*
        "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

• Hello you all!

At least on my behalf I can say;

It needs a lot of practice, it doesn't come easy!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Spent the evening doodling, so I thought I'd share:

“Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Here's a link to John Atkinson Grimshaw's paintings. He did marvelously atmospheric paintings. One of them is on the cover of Dust and Shadow, by Lyndsey Faye, a Sherlock Vs the Ripper novel, referenced here on the Conan Doyle thread. I just thought people would enjoy looking at these. Wasn't quite sure where to put this.

All oil painting reproductions will be professionally painted with the highest quality by our skilled artists. The world's largest collection of John Atkinson Grimshaw reproductions.
              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Made it awhile ago as my Casebook profile pic.

However, when I posted it, the picture came out extremely small. Any tips to fix this?

It's me and Grell Sutcliff, taken at AnimeBoston 2010.
                Attached Files
                "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

• By the way, Magpie, excellent work. Excellent work indeed.

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

• Hello Madam Rem!

Your picture is good as well!

All the best
                    Jukka
                    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                      Hello Madam Rem!

Your picture is good as well!

All the best
                      Jukka

Thank you, Jukka.

I very much appreciate it.

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

• Copyright

Hello,
                        I am an artist in America and I am creating a series of illustration's about JTR.
                        I was wondering if any of ya'll know anything about the copyright laws of using some of the JTR case photograph's as inspiration for illustration's that I am creating? Is there a web site that has the copyright laws concerning the photograph's I am using?
                        Many thanks,
                        Cameron :-)
                        Cameron

Comment

• All my JTR stuff is on fb under Suzi Hanney Artist- must get around to editing it all though!
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Some more or less Ripper-related paintings

Hi folks - I love this thread. I'm new to the forums, my first post was earlier today, so go easy on me! I'm an artist who lives quite close to Whitechapel, in the Hackney area, and in fact I buy my art materials at a large store on Hanbury St, quite near Bucks Row/Durward St. A lot of my work used to be quite closely related to the Ripper murders, and the idea of murder is still hovering around in the background, although it's thankfully presented slightly more obliquely these days. Anyway, here are some of my images.

They're all old-fashioned oil on canvas, and the topmost is my first oil painting from many years ago, entitled 'The Fourth Canonical Victim'. The rest, in order of appearance, are:

The Man Who Cut Off His Halo
                            The Man Who Was Afraid To Ask
                            The Man Who Stared At The Moon
                            Mapping the Mechanisms of Escape
                            Notes Toward a Narrative Account of Several Fictitious Past Lives

I regret the crude morbidity of the first painting, a human being's memory perhaps deserves different, but I was quite young at the time.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Henry Flower; 11-16-2010, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Great stuff Henry

You have a real talent

I like the "misty"faces

Comment

• Hey, thank you Nemo, that's very kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X