No announcement yet.

Some works of art, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jukka and Magpie.I loved your reconstruction of Mary Kelly by the way.It had something of her I believe.
    Best
    Norma

Comment

• LOL..I also really liked the sunset painting but refrained from commenting on it since I apparently don't know art. But I do like it much.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Thankyou kindly Ally.Dont say you dont know art----its just what appeals in the end in my view.
        Best Norma

Comment

• I was talking to someone the other day about how blasted difficult it is to find nice "london scenes" in paintings. I want to do a wall in my house of small paintings from every place we've been and it's damn near impossible to find a nice print of a painting much less a painting itself of a nice quiet london scene. Photographs, yes, paintings, not so much. Apparently London isn't a great inspiration for painters.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Oh Ally,there I would so disagree! Its a thrilling place for painters really with so much of the past weaving its way into everywhere you go.I would like to talk a bit about these Thames pics on one of the threads,with so much interest at the moment in the Thames Torso murders that occurred in 1887/1888/1889 and 1902.I wasnt sure this was quite the place to do so but maybe I could address one picture at a time on another thread,interwoven with photos of the other areas of interest to the case situated besides the Thames?
            Ally,if you tell me which parts of London you visited I may be able to point towards some prints you may like.There are a group of artists who paint scenes like you describe ,I think they exhibit at The Guildhall mostly which has a fund of information in its art gallery shop about London painters,past and present.

Comment

• Druitt" Patch----Temple Lane/Victoria Embankment/Blackfriars Bridge

Kings Bench Walk,where Montague Druitt had his chambers, runs on from Temple Avenue on the the Victoria Embankment.You can see where it begins in the lower left corner of this view of the area at night.Had he walked from his chambers to the Minories,Whitechapel,along the Thames Walk it would have taken him about 20 minutes on foot.A bodypart of one of the Torso murders was also found nearby in Whitehall in September 1888.
              Attached Files

Comment

• View of St Paul"s and Blackfriars Pier at night.

This is the same view as I posted yesterday but at night.Sorry about the over exposure here .It wouldnt work without the flash being on .
                Attached Files

Comment

• Love 'em Nats!!!!!!!!
                  Lovely work- and the sunset one is- the 'cats ass!' xxxxxxxx

The added two are MAGNIFICENT Nats xxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by Suzi; 11-10-2009, 09:53 PM.
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Thankyou Suzi---much appreciated - and from such a fine artist as yourself.By the way---the colours you used above in your pics are incredible -how you weave them together like that to produce such melodious displays is pure genius!
                    xxx

Comment

• Great stuff on this thread.

Bah! Artists!

Jealous Old Git

Comment

• Suzi,

All of your pieces are so very well done-and must say I absolutely love the one in shades of cream and yellow(can't get it to repost for some reason) . What dimensions do you work in?

-Jenny

Comment

• Hi Jenny
                          The majority of my pieces are either A3 or A4 in a variety of media including coloured pencil, watercolour and collage- the recent ones have 'progressed' by stitching into the originals (for some unknown reason!)

Nats and Robert-
                          Awwwwwww shucks thanks (blush!) Just think it's a shame that work gets in the way - three years and am going to run for the hills I reckon- mind you I'll either go round the bend or mi' liver'll give up with all that time on my hands for the 'creative process'

Suz x

Comment

• Hi again
                            Just realised that this really old one based on Kate is hanging on the wall next to me- had forgotten about it!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Kate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	658049

Name:	Kate2.jpg
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	658050

Nothing if not observant,me!
                            Suz x

Comment

• Just been up into 'The Back Bedroom' rifling through a lot of my Rip stuff that's sort of been 'filed'! Found this one:-

Name:	found1.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	658051

Name:	found2.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	658052

Name:	found3.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	658053

REAL petals too I seem to recall!!! (NOT Violets!)
                              There's more up there somewhere- may require a 'clean-up' though to get to 'em!!!......Ah!

Suz xx

Comment

• Violets on my mother"s grave Suzi?Fabulous!

Comment

Working...
                                X