Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Any kind of spoof is entertaining, but it portrayed a actual person, in a class which comes across as somewhat downgrading, purely using a stereotype from that period which we cannot possible know fitted one George Hutchinson.
    As for the Hutchinson family's lack of humour, J D Hutchinson daughter in law to Toppings brother, must be along with the rest of the family, sickened by the way the disrespect continues in any form.
    Regards Richard.

Richard,

You are absolutely wrong. The satire contained subliminal messages from a criminal mastermind that Hutchinson clearly wasn't. Anyone so sensitive as to take offense to such things belongs in a cave somewhere away from others, or in Kazakhstan. Ruby's response was of course a different matter.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Hi,
      Like Bridewell, I was only concerned that any kind of satire, albeit humorous , may have future consequence's on any further clues we may inherit
      Over the last few years we have lost two valuable posters.
      J D Hutchinson
      Fiona Kendall -lane
      Both of these ladies had knowledge /access, to a lot of oral history, which may have been enlightening to Casebook, but both fell foul to sarcastic remarks, which they took offence to,the latter only trusting Coral[ albeit gave a talk to the Whitechapel society, but kept shy of inquisitive questions] and the former left Casebook very suddenly after several remarks..
      I wrote to J D,offering support but to no avail, and also apologised to Fiona, with similar response.[ I should add, that I was not one who showed disrespect]
      So I guess damage was done.
      That is why I opposed Mike's satire, as it clearly was Hutchinson indicated, and as I have no wish to live in a cave, rather choosing to live in my cottage, I better shut up...
      Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
        I wrote to J D,offering support but to no avail, and also apologised to Fiona, with similar response.[ I should add, that I was not one who showed disrespect]
        So I guess damage was done.
        No one showed disrespect. People get called on their claims all the time. If I told you that I knew who jack the Ripper was, but I wasn't telling, and you believed it, that is gullibility to the utmost. if I told you who jack the Ripper was and I provided evidence, even if not 100% concrete, then it becomes a point of debate. What Fiona gave us was a carrot and wanted people to beg for it. That's a load of crap and you know it. I suspect she has nothing for us. If she had, she would have presented it. She ran away and put on her actress hat and you got sucked into it. You should be more careful. What I wrote here was an attempt at humor, but a few people can't grasp such things apparently.

Mike
        huh?

Comment

As much as I thoroughly enjoyed seeing The Good Michael being called 'Prick' (she even capitalized it!) by the Retro one...a word I believe she snagged from me when I accused Cogindaworks of behaving like a prick the other day...I must agree wholeheartedly with GM on this issue:

1) His post was funny. Pointless and useless, but amusing.
          2) It was obviously satire and was posted accordingly in fiction. Pay attention before you start cracking skulls, folks. And yes, I'm aware that's the pot calling the kettle prick...err...black...err...African-American....no, black is right.
          3) There is absolutely zero chance that GM's post will keep anyone from posting to this forum.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post

1) His post was funny. Pointless and useless, but amusing.
            Uh, thanks for the support? Satire is never pointless. Dig deep.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

GM,

90% of my posts are satire, but very, very few pick up on it. This is probably because I'm acknowledged as the foremost American authority on the case (I prefer 'foremost WORLDWIDE authority, but I'm trying to be humble here), by everyone except a jealous few. It's as though I can't be both brilliant and ironic at the same time. Posh to that, I say. Keep the wit coming and never mind the naysayers (Richard NewsWeek) and bullies (Bridewell), and especially the BAD Michaels, of which there are many.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

This is probably because I'm acknowledged as the foremost American authority on the case
                I'm sorry. Which case was that again?

(The wit keeps coming)

Mike
                huh?

Comment

Hello Tom,
                  Guess you watch WWE, rile the crowd to get attention, I actually like the term ''Newsweek'' it applies that I can be relied upon to deliver a post or two, that fuels discussion, something I have done countless times, since day one.
                  Over to you Bridewell, flex those muscles, and bully us all, [as Tom would have it] but watch out for all the bad Michaels en-route..
                  Hmm..I could squash a grape.
                  Regards Richard/ newsweek.

Comment

GM,

90% of my posts are satire, but very, very few pick up on it. This is probably because I'm acknowledged as the foremost American authority on the case (I prefer 'foremost WORLDWIDE authority, but I'm trying to be humble here), by everyone except a jealous few. It's as though I can't be both brilliant and ironic at the same time. Posh to that, I say. Keep the wit coming and never mind the naysayers (Richard NewsWeek) and bullies (Bridewell), and especially the BAD Michaels, of which there are many.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Hello Tom,

"90% of my posts are satire"

THAT's the Americanism I was wondering about!...which translated perfectly into the lingo of the limey means small round sphericallly bouncing objects purposely scrotumised for human function.

NOW I know how to interpret 90% of your work by replying.. what a load of old satire!

My kindest thanks for this explanation of your linguistic colloquialisms! A cunning linguist indeed!

best wishes

Phil
                    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                    Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                      NOW I know how to interpret 90% of your work by replying.. what a load of old satire!
                      Why create a Casebook Cockney rhyming slang and call it: Cold Fire, or Bold Liar, something like that?

Mike
                      huh?

Comment

Makes me somewhat relieved to be just a Cogindaworks!

Actually if you google foremost American authority you get a totally different comedian!

Dave

Comment

Bridewell .....a bully?

Nahh
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

GM,

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

I believe "neither" is more applicable, and your pettiness grows strong like the Sequoia.

Your pot shots reveal nothing about me Tom. Which makes sense, you know nothing about me. I take that back, you know I hate spiteful little boys.

Mike R
                            Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                            X