The Lost Hutchinson Statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lost Hutchinson Statement

It has come to my attention that there was a lost statement made by George Hutchinson as recorded by Abberline. It was a follow-up to Badham's questioning. It was given to me by someone who must remain anonymous, and was sent with a photo of the young Hutchinson with his arm around Abberline and a look of triumph on both their faces. At first the letter revealed little new knowledge, but after having a look again at the photo, I noticed that Hutch's hand has crept up every so slightly so that he had been making rabbit's ears over the detective's bowler! I was shocked. Was this the action of an innocent man? I looked again at the letter carefully and found that our cunning little liar and possible murderer had been playing us for fools all along. By the use of NLP suggestion that would shame Derren Brown, he had plucked the strings of Abberline as if he were a Tchaikovsky-playing cellist. Please read the statement as I have placed it here in its word-for-word duplication. Upon finishing that, read the statement I have recreated beneath it, underlining the suggestions that fooled us all. Due to copyrights and death threats, I am unable to publish the original documents and hope that my typed copy will suffice.

The original statement:

Yes sir, it’s as I said. It’s a man who wants to see the killer brought to justice, I am. In assent with my mates at the lodging house, I am not here to tell lies. Guilty parties must be caught and will pay for this, or I didn’t do it… my duty. I’ve been working the past few days, and wasn’t exactly sure who was murdered. When I found out it was Kelly, It was as I was struck on the head by a bat. Off my rocker I was, I tell you. I went to the boss and told him I needed to get to the police department and tell them what I saw, Mr. Abberline. I didn’t care about the pay. Me 5 quid for the month will be lost, I reckon, as I was sacked on the spot. Whatever it takes to bring that bloke to justice I’d, you and I would do, ain’t that right, Mr. Abberline. And that’s why I’ve come. I don’t ask for anything from you in return. I can always get another job. Why, I’m young and strong with the muscles God give me. Money isn’t important. I just want to stop the slaughter.

The NLP version (Abber Con Way)
    Yes sir, it’s as I said. It’s a man who wants to see the killer brought to justice, I am. In assent with my mates at the lodging house, I am not here to tell lies. Guilty parties must be caught and will pay for this, or I didn’t do it… my duty. I’ve been working the past few days, and wasn’t exactly sure who was murdered. When I found out it was Kelly, It was as I was struck on the head by a bat. Off my rocker I was, I tell you. I went to the boss and told him I needed to get to the police department and tell them what I saw, Mr. Abberline. I didn’t care about the pay. Me 5 quid for the month will be lost, I reckon, as I was sacked on the spot. Whatever it takes to bring that bloke to justice I’d, you and I would do, ain’t that right, Mr. Abberline. And that’s why I’ve come. I don’t ask for anything from you in return. I can always get another job. Why, I’m young and strong with the muscles God give me. Money isn’t important. I just want to stop the slaughter.

It just breaks my heart to see this.

Mike
    huh?

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
    Due to copyrights and death threats, I am unable to publish the original documents and hope that my typed copy will suffice.
    A source who's veracity is not disputed....
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      A source who's veracity is not disputed....
      Thanks, it's good to know that you recognize honesty. Hold on! Did I put this in the fiction area? An honest mistake.

Mike
      huh?

Comment

I’ve already seen a version of this, Mike, readily available in A. Berk’s book (so it has been in his circulation for a while).
        That version read :
        « Yes Sir, it’s as I totally said to you before . It’s a man who wants the putative killer brought to justice, I am. Blameworthy only of assenting with my mates at the lodging house, here to tell lies I’m not. Guilty parties must be caught and was Kelly Ithey will pay for this, or I didn’t do it…my duty. I was maybe working the past few days but was not exactly sure who was murdered. I hardly knew it t was as I was struck on the head by a bat. Off my rocker I am, I tell you. I went to the boss and told him I needed to get to the press tell them what I saw, Mr. Abberline. I don’t care about the pay ? Me 5 quid for the month will be lost, I reckon, as I was sacked on the spot, but I need attention more. Whatever it takes to bring that bloke to justice I’d, you and I would do, ain’t that right, Mr. Abberline. And that’s why I’ve come. I don’t ask for anything from you in return. I can always get another job. Why, I’m young and strong with the muscles God give me. Money isn’t important. I just want to stop the slaughter.
        Last edited by Rubyretro; 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM.
        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Ruby,

I see. You read this and you understood a different emphasis, whereas Hutch spoke it and the emphasis was as I've suggested. This is why there are two camps! I understand it all now. Is there a third version?

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Ruby,

I see. You read this and you understood a different emphasis, whereas Hutch spoke it and the emphasis was as I've suggested. This is why there are two camps! I understand it all now. Is there a third version?

Mike
            I don't think that there can be, Mike. It's too emphatic.

Comment

Hi,
              And one wonders why J D Hutchinson and Toppings family keep a million miles away from Casebook.
              All Reg Hutchinson did was to relate to what his father used to state when the subject arose, even that gentleman[Reg] must have got extremely fed up with all the ridicule/ mistrust that was present right up to his death, and now beyond
              Regards Richard.

Comment

Richard,

Seriously? This is satire. It isn't ridicule. It is to show how things can be found to incriminate someone that really don't exist.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

Richard,

Seriously? This is satire. It isn't ridicule. It is to show how things can be found to incriminate someone that really don't exist.

Mike
                  Er...it isn't like that at all , Mike.

I actually wrote a long and thoughtful and intelligently calm reply to this post, and then it got zapped into cyberspace(I then hit my keyboard like a maniac, swore very badly, very creatively, and very loudly and was obliged to go and lay down...it is Sunday).

In short -you are totally wrong.

-I might possibly find the enthusiasm to tell you exactly why tomorrow, although I have to work then), but I might not bother.

Because you already know the arguments.

Stop being a Prick.*
                  (it is with interest that I note that this word is not censored).
                  Last edited by Rubyretro; 06-24-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Ruby,

How can I be wrong if I know what I wrote and why I wrote it? It's fiction and it's satire. That's it. There is no more.

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

You mean there's no Swansen Hutchinalia? I'm bitterly disappointed...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        You mean there's no Swansen Hutchinalia? I'm bitterly disappointed...
                        There are 6 of them. Look in the Hutch. They're to the right of the Swanson frozen dinners.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                          Hi,
                          And one wonders why J D Hutchinson and Toppings family keep a million miles away from Casebook.
                          All Reg Hutchinson did was to relate to what his father used to state when the subject arose, even that gentleman[Reg] must have got extremely fed up with all the ridicule/ mistrust that was present right up to his death, and now beyond
                          Regards Richard.
                          I entirely agree, Richard. Whilst I appreciate the humorous intent, there may yet be people out there with useful information to impart. Doing anything which might discourage such people from coming forward is really unhelpful.

Regards, Bridewell.
                          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I agree with both of you. Thank goodness my little story couldn't in any way, shape, or form, be construed as an attack on Hutchinson or his family by a sane mind. Those who might take umbrage, screw 'em.

Mike
                            huh?

Comment

Hi Mike,
                              Any kind of spoof is entertaining, but it portrayed a actual person, in a class which comes across as somewhat downgrading, purely using a stereotype from that period which we cannot possible know fitted one George Hutchinson.
                              As for the Hutchinson family's lack of humour, J D Hutchinson daughter in law to Toppings brother, must be along with the rest of the family, sickened by the way the disrespect continues in any form.
                              Regards Richard.

Comment

Working...
                              X