Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripperana No.5, July, 1993 John William Smith Sanders - A Problem Of Identity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ripperana No.5, July, 1993 John William Smith Sanders - A Problem Of Identity?

    Hi all


    Does anyone out there have a copy of Ripperana No.5, July, 1993?

    Id really like to read the article by Jon Ogan entitled John William Smith Sanders - A Problem Of Identity?

    Thanks in advance for your help.


    Regards



  • #2
    Originally posted by phantom View Post
    Hi all


    Does anyone out there have a copy of Ripperana No.5, July, 1993?

    Id really like to read the article by Jon Ogan entitled John William Smith Sanders - A Problem Of Identity?

    Thanks in advance for your help.


    Regards

    Hi Phantom,

    I thought that I’d respond as you’ve had none yet. I have around 80 back issues but unfortunately mine start with number eight. I have a friend that has them all but I don’t see him that often. When I do see him I’ll see if I can post the article on here for you.

    Sorry I can’t do any better than that but there maybe someone on here that can do the same.
    Regards

    Herlock






    "Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

    Comment


    • #3
      If you're not already aware of it, there's a short article on Sanders by Stan Russo in Ripperologist no. 96 (October 2008).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

        Hi Phantom,

        I thought that I’d respond as you’ve had none yet. I have around 80 back issues but unfortunately mine start with number eight. I have a friend that has them all but I don’t see him that often. When I do see him I’ll see if I can post the article on here for you.

        Sorry I can’t do any better than that but there maybe someone on here that can do the same.
        Thanks Herlock!
        Much appreciated.
        Ive been trying to read this for many years since I read about it in the JtR A-Z.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
          If you're not already aware of it, there's a short article on Sanders by Stan Russo in Ripperologist no. 96 (October 2008).
          Cheers Scott! Ill suss that out. Not sure if Ive read that or not.

          Comment


          • #6
            I hope that this works Phantom as Im the worlds worst when it comes to technology.

            https://ibb.co/FmhLQkv

            https://ibb.co/Bc7f4TX

            https://ibb.co/3yZsz61


            This should be the full Jon Ogan article on Sanders printed in Ripperana. Its only three pages long.


            Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 05-30-2019, 06:57 PM.
            Regards

            Herlock






            "Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              Magnificent! Thanks Herlock owe you one!

              Comment


              • #8
                No problem Phantom. Glad to have helped.
                Regards

                Herlock






                "Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here's Ogan's article in Ripperologist (in Dissertations section on Casebook ("The Third Man")

                  https://www.casebook.org/dissertatio...-thirdman.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                    Here's Ogan's article in Ripperologist (in Dissertations section on Casebook ("The Third Man")

                    https://www.casebook.org/dissertatio...-thirdman.html
                    Thats the one I have.
                    Stewart Evans passed it on from Jon Ogan to me way back in the 90's.
                    Jon O. was interested in the fact I held JWSS as a suspect at the time.
                    Regards, Jon S.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd never seen this before...I assume the refences to West Mailing and West Mailing Place, are actually West Malling village and Malling Place on St Leonards Street...West Malling's out near Maidstone...From the web it looks as if any remaining records for the former home are apparently now held by the Kent History and Library Centre, James Whatman Way, Maidstone, England. ME14 1LQ (Phone 03000 413 131, or email archives@kent.gov.uk)

                      Dave
                      Last edited by Cogidubnus; 06-05-2019, 01:23 AM. Reason: correction to road name

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My copy has just arrived in my local Waterstones.

                        Collecting it tomorrow.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My copy has just arrived in my local Waterstones.

                          Collecting it tomorrow.


                          Please ignore the above post.
                          I meant to post it in the Books Section.

                          It's been one of those days,
                          And there's still five and a half hours to go.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X