Can You Name this book/Author?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Name this book/Author?

I read in a JTR book that the positions of the bodies were exactly laid out in relation to each other. I can't recall the numbers. But it was sort of like the distance between body 3 and 1 were the same as the distance between 2 and 4 and so on.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? You can see by the layout on a map that the bodies form an almost perfect cross/diamond.

Possibly Ivor Edwards' Jack the Ripper's Black Magic Rituals, John Blake, 2002.

Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Vanderlinden View Post
      Possibly Ivor Edwards' Jack the Ripper's Black Magic Rituals, John Blake, 2002.
      I was thinking the same. Not that I've read the book, but that kind of theorising reminds me of Ivor Edwards all the way.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        I was thinking the same. Not that I've read the book, but that kind of theorising reminds me of Ivor Edwards all the way.
        I’m certain that this is the one Gareth. I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve just checked my copy (bought at a time when I used to buy all new JTR books) and it’s full of weird diagrams and suchlike. The kind of book that you could serve up for Christmas dinner with stuffing and roast potatoes.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Yeah Ivor was my first thought too.
          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Yes, I have Edwards book, it sounds like the one he wrote.
            His misrepresentation of some facts in the book is what caused us to part ways.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I've tracked down a copy too. Do you reckon he was inaccurate in his measuring of the murder map? (that's what I call it)

Comment

I just think he was innaccurate in his belief that the murders were remotely anything to do with Black Magic.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by albie View Post
                  Thanks a lot guys. I've tracked down a copy too. Do you reckon he was inaccurate in his measuring of the murder map?
                  Almost certainly. Now, as I said, I've not read the book, but any theorist who comes out with stuff like this are sloppy enough in their thinking, never mind their measurements.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Well, we don't know how sloppy or accurate he was. But here's the results of his measurements.

The distance from site 1 to site 2 was 930 yards
                    The distance from site 2 to site 4 was 930 yards
                    The distance from site 3 to site 4 was 950 yards
                    The distance from site 3 to site 5 was 950 yards
                    These are the measurements found using a map. Ivor Edwards also confirmed the distance with a surveyor's wheel.
                    Also "Compass bearings were taken in the field it was found that sites 1,2,3,4 were located due east, south, north and west."

If true then this proves that the attacks were not just by some random maniac. if anyone has a map of the murder area and can disprove Ivor Edward's findings that would be good.

Comment

What about books on D'onston Stephenson? Wasn't he into this idea that JtR was using a black magic ritual?
                      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                        What about books on D'onston Stephenson? Wasn't he into this idea that JtR was using a black magic ritual?
                        Not really,that was Crowley's take on things.

D'Onston was being treated, for what we would now call Chronic Fatigue Syndrome during the murders, by the same medical expert who examined Eddowes' kidney.

Both diseases caused by strep infections.
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                          Not really,that was Crowley's take on things.

D'Onston was being treated, for what we would now call Chronic Fatigue Syndrome during the murders, by the same medical expert who examined Eddowes' kidney.

Both diseases caused by strep infections.
                          Yeah but Stephenson writing to the papers was giving them a black magic explanation for the murders and claimed to have been an expert in the occult.

Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by albie View Post
                            Well, we don't know how sloppy or accurate he was. But here's the results of his measurements.

The distance from site 1 to site 2 was 930 yards
                            The distance from site 2 to site 4 was 930 yards
                            The distance from site 3 to site 4 was 950 yards
                            The distance from site 3 to site 5 was 950 yards
                            These are the measurements found using a map. Ivor Edwards also confirmed the distance with a surveyor's wheel.
                            Also "Compass bearings were taken in the field it was found that sites 1,2,3,4 were located due east, south, north and west."

If true then this proves that the attacks were not just by some random maniac. if anyone has a map of the murder area and can disprove Ivor Edward's findings that would be good.
                            If Ivor Edwards showed that the murder sites showed the shape of a witches hat I wouldn’t believe the ‘theory.’ It’s utter nonsense. The idea that the ripper went around measuring and then manoeuvring these women into place to conform to some ritual is drivel. I keep his book next to Pamela Ball’s Psychic Investigation B******s!
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                              Yeah but Stephenson writing to the papers was giving them a black magic explanation for the murders and claimed to have been an expert in the occult.

https://www.casebook.org/press_repor.../18881201.html
                              He really was one unwell person who could not get the most basic facts of the case,let alone his own life.

"It will be remembered that a chalk inscription (which it is not denied was written by the murderer} was found on the wall in Mitre-square, just above the body of the murdered woman. It ran as follows; 'The Juwes are the men who will not be blamed for nothing', and was evidently intended to throw suspicion on the Jews. This writing was seen by the police by means of artificial light, and was unfortunately obliterated by them before daylight. Hinc illae lachrymae! "

The real irony was that his treating medical officer was Jack the Ripper.

Both families came from Scarborough where Jack's father and uncle were master mariners.
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                              X