Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    I disagree,
    i do not know if the book gives the distance as the crow flies or by road.

the figures i have given for routes that were posted earlier in the thread.

if it as the crow flies then two, 3-4 & 3-5 are close to the claim of 950 yards, one is along way off 880 as opposed to the claimed 930, the other is some 17 yards out, if theseclaims are accurate, that is simply not good enough.

however if the distance is by road, then nothing is with 50 yards of the claims.

Steve
    Apologies Elamarna, I wasn't clear. It was the measurements you posted I was referring to - not the 930/950 claim. When I saw the coincidence in your figures, I wondered if it was just that, a coincidence, or if we looked at the full set, we find a pattern in all or a sub set of the figures. Each successive distance is 29 yards longer than the one before it (except the last figure). I was looking at the as the crow flies figures. I suspect it is just a coincidence between the first three figures you posted. I meant to ask, are those figures accurate or ball park figures?
    Last edited by etenguy; 10-24-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
      Apologies Elamarna, I wasn't clear. It was the measurements you posted I was referring to - not the 930/950 claim. When I saw the coincidence in your figures, I wondered if it was just that, a coincidence, or if we looked at the full set, we find a pattern in all or a sub set of the figures. Each successive distance is 29 yards longer than the one before it (except the last figure). I was looking at the as the crow flies figures. I suspect it is just a coincidence between the first three figures you posted. I meant to ask, are those figures accurate or ball park figures?

Hi Etenguy

measured using the measuring tool on the National Library of Scotland site, which has the 93-95 OS Map. they will be within a yard i would suggest, depends on if i got thepointer dead on the murder sites, or very slightly off.

Steve

Comment

Hi Etenguy

measured using the measuring tool on the National Library of Scotland site, which has the 93-95 OS Map. they will be within a yard i would suggest, depends on if i got thepointer dead on the murder sites, or very slightly off.

Steve
        Thanks Elamarna, that sounds accurate, rather than estimated, figures to me. I read nothing into the coincidence within the figures, but it is a curiosity. I may for fun repeat your measurements and include all the distances between all five murder sites and possibly the Tabram site as well, just to see what patterns, if any, appear.

Comment

Sorry if its unclear,

The first figures are as the crow flies, thats direct, stright line A-B, it ignores what is inbetween, such as houses, so its the geographical distance. what you get if you just draw a stright line on a map.

but of course thats not how one travels.

The second set are if you travel between the two points using the availble routes suchs as roads and passages.

Steve
          Interesting. I wonder how Ivor Edward's could be so wrong. I myself dug out a map of the kill sites in a book. Hampered by the crease in the book I discovered that all the lengths between most of the killings were roughly the same. I still say the kill sites were forming a shape.

Comment

Working...
          X