X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by DJA View Post
    Is that like the Amstrad Users Club of the mid 1980s ?
    Not quite. Unless they think that Benny Hill was the antichrist too.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Is that like the Amstrad Users Club of the mid 1980s ?

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    You'll be refused membership of the PC club for that one Dave

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Benny Hill - Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    The Musical Milkman Murder is another good true crime if you can pick up a copy cheap. The first time that women were on jury service for a murder trial in this country.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by OneRound View Post

Hi Herlock - I assume that's not about the killing of Ernie by Two Ton Ted from Teddington.

Best,
    OneRound
    No mention of Ernie yet OneRound

The cottage in the story was apparently used in an episode of Midsomer Murders though.

Leave a comment:

• OneRound
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I've just finished a second book by the same author called The Abdy Farm Murders which is about the horrific murder of two little girls in 1912. Another well written and enjoyable book by this author. I'm not completely convinced by her solution but it's certainly possible that she's correct.

I prefer these historical true crime stories as they tend to have more atmosphere especially if they have photos (as both of the above books do.) There not so easy to come by online unless you here if a specific case. Whenever you type in 'histirical true crime' or anything similar you tend to get the same titles. So I'm enjoying reading of these lesser known historical cases which can usually be purchased pretty cheaply online. I'm just about to begin The Musical Milkman Murder by Quentin Falk.
    Hi Herlock - I assume that's not about the killing of Ernie by Two Ton Ted from Teddington.

Best,
    OneRound

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied

Good book.....sad story.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I've just finished a second book by the same author called The Abdy Farm Murders which is about the horrific murder of two little girls in 1912. Another well written and enjoyable book by this author.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I've just finished a second book by the same author called The Abdy Farm Murders which is about the horrific murder of two little girls in 1912. Another well written and enjoyable book by this author. I'm not completely convinced by her solution but it's certainly possible that she's correct.

I prefer these historical true crime stories as they tend to have more atmosphere especially if they have photos (as both of the above books do.) There not so easy to come by online unless you here if a specific case. Whenever you type in 'histirical true crime' or anything similar you tend to get the same titles. So I'm enjoying reading of these lesser known historical cases which can usually be purchased pretty cheaply online. I'm just about to begin The Musical Milkman Murder by Quentin Falk.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I've just finished reading The Rotherham Trunk Murder by Jeanette Hensby. This is available cheaply on Amazon and it's well worth it. An interesting case and a well written book. I just wish that I could find more like it. I've ordered another by the same author which should arrive tomorrow.

Certainly worth a go.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I'd definitely recommend this one. The Dead Duke His Secret Wife And The Missing Corpse by Piu Marie Eatwell.

It's about a claim to an inheritance involving claims of a dual identity and a faked death with a few illegitimate children thrown in, an exhumation and a cast of strange (and not all completely sane) characters. Walter Dew played a part as did, to a lesser extent, JG Littlechild. It would have made a good movie. I picked up my copy cheaply online.

Highly recommended

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Soundtrack is good.

Which one is he?

The Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can - YouTube
    Knowing Frank Abagnale Jr, he's the one with all the cash and women.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Soundtrack is good.

Which one is he?

The Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    "Catch me if you can" by Frank Abagnale Jr, one of my all time favourite books.

The movie was good entertainment, but it was very liberal in regards to Frank's actual motives.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X