They All Love Jack: Busting the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They All Love Jack: Busting the Ripper

Bruce Robinson (of "Withnail and I" fame) publishes his book on Jack the Ripper on 6th October.
    According to the blurb on the publishers website, the book promises to "expose(s) the cover up that enabled one of history's most notorious serial killers to remain at large".
    It also hints that the killer was "hiding in plain sight".

The bibliographical info listed on Amazon says that the book runs to 496 pages.

Will this be the longest book ever written on the Ripper?

Doh!

I've just checked my copy of Paul Begg's "Jack the Ripper: The Facts", and it runs to over 500 pages (and not a wasted word in any of them).

However, the publication of Robinson's book will add another huge tome to the canon.

Comment

It seems that all Ripper books fall into one of three categories:

1. They identify the real Ripper;

2. They argue that the Ripper never actually existed or;

3. There was a cover up of the Ripper's real identity.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

c.d.

Comment

Very true!

Although there is always the possibility that Robinson's solution will involve a Camberwell Carrot.

Comment

Hi ..
          Surely this intention came out in 2003, Its on Casebook back then,,check for yourselves..
          Regards Richard.

Comment

So I guess we can say "solved" yet again.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Absolutely. its a very exciting time in Ripperology,HA.
              Hmmm
              Richard.

Comment

Did someone mention a Camberwell Carrot?

[ATTACH]17003[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi all,
                  Apparently he has has spent 12 yrs researching this book that's carried him all over the world, and a hefty £500.000.
                  So at least it's a serious attempt and one I look forward to.

Regards

Comment

Hi,
                    Just been doing some quick re -reads of earlier posts way back, and some Google searching...looks like the suspect will be Michael Maybrick, hense the title "we all love jack".
                    Wonder what he found in all these years?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                      Bruce Robinson (of "Withnail and I" fame) publishes his book on Jack the Ripper on 6th October.
                      According to the blurb on the publishers website, the book promises to "expose(s) the cover up that enabled one of history's most notorious serial killers to remain at large".
                      It also hints that the killer was "hiding in plain sight".
                      Actually seems a good chance that he has Jack the Ripper.

If so,indeed he was quite visible and there was a police cover up.

Doubt it cost him half a million and 12 years though.

People will be astounded as to his identity.

Some Ripperologists will be eating Humble pie and egg for some time.

No,I'm not trolling.
                      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Is it DNA tested?..we have reached the stage , where books on this subject have to have either lengthy , expensive research, in there promotion, or scientifically proven..
                        What happened to the straightforward book on the subject, half the pages to do with the history of the east end, and the victims, and the rest fitting in a suspect to fit ones theory.?
                        It all comes to nothing , whatever angle one adopts, if anyone knew any significant knowledge on these murders, it would have surfaced years ago..
                        We all know that..but still get excited on any new tale..
                        Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                          What happened to the straightforward book on the subject, half the pages to do with the history of the east end, and the victims, and the rest fitting in a suspect to fit ones theory.?
                          It all comes to nothing , whatever angle one adopts, if anyone knew any significant knowledge on these murders, it would have surfaced years ago..
                          We all know that..but still get excited on any new tale..
                          Regards Richard.
                          A screenplay is the best medium these days.

Significant knowledge has been offered and rejected by experts without close inspection of the facts.

The mantra is "You are not a Ripperologist and the the case cannot be solved."

Had my first meeting with a screenwriter eight years ago to the month.

Will be discussing the project with a producer next month,when he completes filming his current movie.

You might be surprised who joins this Forum.

Rick Baker,for instance.

"Prosector's" father was a well known writer.
                          Last edited by DJA; 08-17-2015, 01:10 AM. Reason: Typo
                          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I found this tantalising article in relation to Robinson's forthcoming book.

Comment

Maybe Michael and James were working as a team
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X