Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bank Holiday Murders by Tom Wescott (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    - Huh?

Gimme a real book any day- one somebody can sit down and read 100 years from now. (That is, if they still read. )

I'll be ordering soon Tom.

Best regards,
    Archaic
    G'day Archaic

Glad I'm not alone.

I walk into my library [or almost any other room in the house] and that beautiful smell of books.

I recently read some letters written by an ancestor from early 1600's I wonder how anyone will read my emails in 400 years time [not that anyone is likely to want to].
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi all,

Just a quick update. The kindle edition of my book is currently outselling Russell Edwards on both Amazon.com and .co.uk, so quite happy about that.

I also have a new podcast out with Generation Why where I'm discussing the shawl, Kosminski, and Ripper publishing.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Dear Tom

I think that is fantastic, congratulations!

I can't wait to read it!

All the Best, J

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          Hi all,

Just a quick update. The kindle edition of my book is currently outselling Russell Edwards on both Amazon.com and .co.uk, so quite happy about that.

I also have a new podcast out with Generation Why where I'm discussing the shawl, Kosminski, and Ripper publishing.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          Hi Tom.
          Congrats on the sales.
          Its good to know that not everyone is buying tickets on the R.E. train.
          I'm saving up my shekels and hope to pick up a copy of yours soon.

Interesting podcast, thanks for the link.

Yours, Caligo.
          https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/flag_uk.gif "I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire: God wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark."

Comment

Hi all,

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
            Just think how it would have sold if you had added a little bit of DNA, Tom!

The best,
            Fisherman

Comment

• About 1/2 way through the book and really enjoying it so far.

Very interesting to see so much information on "the other murders". Especially as there are some very significant things that I have never seen mentioned before.. but which, in my opinion, are very relevant to the cases and their relationship to the canonical ones.

I am quite fussy when it comes to books about historical events. It is good to see a book that indicates the sources of the information within the narrative without in any way interrupting the flow.

Thank you for such a useful and fascinating book, Mr Wescott.

Comment

As an expert on all three?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                  As an expert on all three?
                  Yes. Trevor Marriott wasn't available.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Azarna View Post
                    About 1/2 way through the book and really enjoying it so far.

Very interesting to see so much information on "the other murders". Especially as there are some very significant things that I have never seen mentioned before.. but which, in my opinion, are very relevant to the cases and their relationship to the canonical ones.

I am quite fussy when it comes to books about historical events. It is good to see a book that indicates the sources of the information within the narrative without in any way interrupting the flow.

Thank you for such a useful and fascinating book, Mr Wescott.
                    Thank you, Azarna! Let me know how much you like the second half.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      Just think how it would have sold if you had added a little bit of DNA, Tom!

The best,
                      Fisherman
                      Q: What do you get when you cross Charles Lechmere and the Eddowes shawl?

A: Cross-contamination

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Q: What do you get when you cross Charles Lechmere and the Eddowes shawl?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

G'day Tom

You need to add that to the 2nd ed.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• From a stylistic point of view (not the group of the same name) the double use of the word 'cross' slightly detracts from the comedic effect as it telegraphs the punch line, so I would recommend this an alternative...

Q: What do you get when you mix Charles Lechmere and the Eddowes shawl?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                            From a stylistic point of view (not the group of the same name) the double use of the word 'cross' slightly detracts from the comedic effect as it telegraphs the punch line, so I would recommend this an alternative...

Q: What do you get when you mix Charles Lechmere and the Eddowes shawl?

I disagree. the use of the word 'mix' when the mind expects to see 'cross' gives the punchline away, thus detracting from the effect of my awesome joke.

I'll explore this line of inquiry more deeply in the 2nd edition of Bank Holiday Murders.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• When can we expect this second edition? And will it come with a map of the Aldgate sewer system?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                                When can we expect this second edition? And will it come with a map of the Aldgate sewer system?
                                No map, but it will be scratch and sniff.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X