No announcement yet.

Cutting Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March, Amazon is now telling me for a revised date. Must be a popular book.
    dustymiller
    aka drstrange

Comment

• Hi Christer, congrats on the book, seems there are real issues with Amazon UK.
      It's now gone to paperback only available via marketplace sellers, and Hardback not available at all.
      I spoke to Rickard at the publisher and he supplied me with a link to buy direct from publisher.

It must be frustrating for you, having put the hard work in, for the launch to have an hiccup.

A shame you are not planning to issue it as an Ebook.

Best of luck with sales

Steve
      Last edited by Elamarna; 02-08-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        Hi Christer, congrats on the book, seems there are real issues with Amazon UK.
        It's now gone to paperback only available via marketplace sellers, and Hardback not available at all.
        I spoke to Rickard at the publisher and he supplied me with a link to buy direct from publisher.

It must be frustrating for you, having put the hard work in, for the launch to have an hiccup.

Best of luck with sales

Steve
        Yeah, and it looks as though the marketplace sellers are charging £4 - £5 more than the publishers RRP.
        Hopefully Amazon will have their own copies to sell shortly.

Comment

Hi Christer, congrats on the book, seems there are real issues with Amazon UK.

Best of luck with sales

Steve
          I reckon it will get sorted, Steve, hiccup and all. Thanks for the well wishes!

Comment

• I ordered directly from the publisher, i want to read your book, to see if there is anything I need to address in mine before the 3rd edition update later in year.

Hope it gets sorted soon, I know how much work is involved.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Yeah, and it looks as though the marketplace sellers are charging £4 - £5 more than the publishers RRP.
              Hopefully Amazon will have their own copies to sell shortly.
              Different platforms will opt for different prices, I guess. Surely, the solution to these old cases must be priceless, though...?

I do hope that any issues with the sales can be sorted. Sorry for any inconvenience in that regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Different platforms will opt for different prices, I guess. Surely, the solution to these old cases must be priceless, though...?

I do hope that any issues with the sales can be sorted. Sorry for any inconvenience in that regard.
                No worries Christer!
                In my experience any delay in getting "Amazon copies" listed on the Amazon website is solely down to the vast numbers of new books they receive each week.
                I'm sure that it will be resolved soon.

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

No worries Christer!
                  In my experience any delay in getting "Amazon copies" listed on the Amazon website is solely down to the vast numbers of new books they receive each week.
                  I'm sure that it will be resolved soon.

Cheers!
                  Taking a look at amazon UK from Sweden, it seems paperback copies can be ordered? If so, I think hardback copies will be in place shortly.

Comment

• I was able to order last week, but have since cancelled with Amazon.
                    The point is the paperback is now only available to order via, third party, dealers, not directly from Amazon.
                    These have a huge Mark up, and a delivery date of late March. So I suspect they do not have copies at this time.
                    I have seen it before on Amazon. Once saw an Egyptology book, price £35, offered when it was delayed at a price of £985.00

Sure it will get sorted soon.

Comment

I was able to order last week, but have since cancelled with Amazon.
                      The point is the paperback is now only available to order via, third party, dealers, not directly from Amazon.
                      These have a huge Mark up, and a delivery date of late March. So I suspect they do not have copies at this time.
                      I have seen it before on Amazon. Once saw an Egyptology book, price £35, offered when it was delayed at a price of £985.00

Sure it will get sorted soon.
                      I´m told that once the material is distributed to the platforms, it may take between 2-6 weeks until all dealers have it all sorted and lined up for business. But Amazon and Barnes & Noble were supposed to be the ones quickest off the mark.
                      I believe Timaios will try and resolve any problems as quickly as possible.

Surely an Egyptology book priced at £985.00 must be written by Chufu himself? Or solve the Ripper riddle - was the Mummy the killer...?

Comment

• Hey Fish, all,

Eye-rolling revisitted: Torsoman and Jack were two persons!!11!1

I've just spent loadsamoney on the hardcover, now I hope I will find out what made the busiest of the London killers tick. It better be convincing, or else...!!

Seriously though, congratulations on your book, looking forward to a good read.

Grüße,

Boris
                        ~ All perils, specially malignant, are recurrent - Thomas De Quincey ~

Comment

• Originally posted by bolo View Post
                          Hey Fish, all,

Eye-rolling revisitted: Torsoman and Jack were two persons!!11!1

I've just spent loadsamoney on the hardcover, now I hope I will find out what made the busiest of the London killers tick. It better be convincing, or else...!!

Seriously though, congratulations on your book, looking forward to a good read.

Grüße,

Boris
                          Vielen dank, Boris! Es ist mein Verhoffnung dass Du nicht enttauscht wirst. Dear God, it’ s been so many years since I read German in school, but here’ s another go: Nur ein Mörder war’ s!

Comment

Vielen dank, Boris! Es ist mein Verhoffnung dass Du nicht enttauscht wirst. Dear God, it’ s been so many years since I read German in school, but here’ s another go: Nur ein Mörder war’ s!
                            Good one, your German is way better than my Swedish, I only know Ikea and some cuss words and phrases unfit for publication on casebook...
                            ~ All perils, specially malignant, are recurrent - Thomas De Quincey ~

Comment

• Originally posted by bolo View Post

Good one, your German is way better than my Swedish, I only know Ikea and some cuss words and phrases unfit for publication on casebook...
                              The grounds, as it were, then!

Comment

I´m told that once the material is distributed to the platforms, it may take between 2-6 weeks until all dealers have it all sorted and lined up for business. But Amazon and Barnes & Noble were supposed to be the ones quickest off the mark.
                                I believe Timaios will try and resolve any problems as quickly as possible.

Surely an Egyptology book priced at £985.00 must be written by Chufu himself? Or solve the Ripper riddle - was the Mummy the killer...?
                                I know, stupid price, I hope No one paid that for a good but no fantastic or rare book

Comment

Working...
                                X