Cutting Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Point

And so I finally did it - I´ve gone and written a book about Charles Lechmere and my take on his role in the two infamous victorian murder series.

I was contacted by the publishing house Timaios Press earlier this year and asked whether I would consider writing a book on the carman for them - and decided that I would. Over the years following the Blink Film documentary, many people have asked whether I would write the book that is hinted at in the closing sequences of ”The Missing Evidence”. Now that the development has opened up for identifying Lechmere as the culprit behind not only the Ripper series but also the Torso murders, I thought the timing was correct.

And so, in February of next year, ”Cutting Point” will be out if everything works to plan.

It is not - and was never intended to be - a complete history of the murders and all the material surrounding them. Such a book would be far too heavy to read for many people - and to write, not least. Instead, I have done what journalists generally try to do: to provide as clear an explanation as possible to what happened, and why.

It is therefore a book that does not mention a good many things that are normally mentioned in this context. Many of the household names are left out, some of the possibly connected murders and attacks are given little or no attention.

What is left is what I consider to be the bare bones of the two series and my explanation for how those bones are interconnected.

If anybody wants to take a further look, the link is:

A PRESENTATION OF CHRISTER HOLMGREN’S GROUNDBREAKING BOOKTo the book’s main pageThe East End carman Charles Allen Lechmere was not only Jack the Ripper but also the dismemberment murder…

Fisherman
    taking the plunge

Congratulations, Fish!

I wish you every success with your book, and I will look forward to reading it once it's released!

Comment

Kudos to you, Fish. That has to be a major accomplishment.

c.d.

Comment

Many thanks to both of you. I hope you won´t be disappointed!

Comment

Congratulations, I very much look forward to its release.

Comment

Thank you, Azarna - I hope to please!

Comment

Congratulations, Christer! I look forward to reading your book and learning of some of the details you have only been able to hint about here.

Good job.

Comment

Well done Christer, here's wishing you all the best with your book.
                I know what it takes to commit to a book, I don't have it, but I admire those that do.
                Congrats my friend.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thanks Jerry and Jon! Maybe the tough part lies ahead and the writing was the easy bit ...?

Comment

Look forward to adding it to my collection Fisherman. Bra gjort

Comment

And about time

Congratulations Fish I look forward to reading it. Plenty of Ripper books surface but it's not so often that one surfaces that pretty much everyone will want to get.This will be one of them

PS. I hope it's not in Swedish?

Comment

Well done and good luck, hope you sell millions
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Excellent news Christer. No mean feat writing a book, let alone having it published so kudos to you. Best of luck with it. I wish you every success.
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
                            Look forward to adding it to my collection Fisherman. Bra gjort
                            In flawless Swedish ... Made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                              And about time

Congratulations Fish I look forward to reading it. Plenty of Ripper books surface but it's not so often that one surfaces that pretty much everyone will want to get.This will be one of them

PS. I hope it's not in Swedish?
                              No, it´s not in Swedish. Maybe it should have been, though - fewer critics available ...

Comment

Working...
                              X