Time Reveals All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Reveals All

I’ve just seen this book on a price comparison site. It’s by SC Davies. Has anyone read it or has it been reviewed? It sounds Maybrick-related. It also sounds like a pile of you-know-what.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Looks like no one’s read this one then? As I don’t have my pad back I’ve probably missed 2 ripperologists so I don’t know if it’s been reviewed?

Calling Mr Begg.......
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

"Cryptic Clues in the Jack The Ripper letters"

I'll give it a miss...
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Ahhhhh! Yes!!!

I have only just realised which book you are talking about.

For my sins, I read this and had subsequently blocked it out.

It's not my bag at all.

It's kinda like The Bible Code, and it postulates "hidden messages" found in the text of the Ripper correspondence.

I think your Ripper library will survive just fine without this addition, Herlock!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
          Ahhhhh! Yes!!!

I have only just realised which book you are talking about.

For my sins, I read this and had subsequently blocked it out.

It's not my bag at all.

It's kinda like The Bible Code, and it postulates "hidden messages" found in the text of the Ripper correspondence.

I think your Ripper library will survive just fine without this addition, Herlock!

Thanks Ms D,

Ill give it a miss I think. I’ll let Al buy it and he can tell us about it.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Thanks Ms D,

Ill give it a miss I think. I’ll let Al buy it and he can tell us about it.
            I thought you were buying it for me this Xmas? After all the concern I showed, this is the thanks I get! Buy my own copy of a shonky cryptic book!

That said, another loo roll crisis is looming....
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

By the way, I read Jacob the ripper. And the reason he’s a suspect is because...?
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I've got "Prisoner 1167" sat unread, but I hear it's a good one. It's been competing with Stephen King, Douglas Adams, Bill Bryson and Koji Suzuki. I'll get to it eventually.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                  I've got "Prisoner 1167" sat unread, but I hear it's a good one. It's been competing with Stephen King, Douglas Adams, Bill Bryson and Koji Suzuki. I'll get to it eventually.
                  It’s one on my list of books to re-read. One of the better subject books imo. John Morrison first bought Kelly to light as a suspect years ago. The other day I was rummaging through my ripper stuff and I found Morrison’s pamphlet “Jimmy Kelly’s Year Of The Ripper Murders.” I was surprised at how many Ripper pamphlets I’ve got stashed away.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’ve just seen this book on a price comparison site. It’s by SC Davies. Has anyone read it or has it been reviewed? It sounds Maybrick-related. It also sounds like a pile of you-know-what.
                    Time most certainly does not reveal all anyway Sherlock, in truth, Time allows for facts to become muddled facts, it brings on memory loss, and it heaps upon the event layers of obfuscation.

Anyone who claims that all will be revealed in time isnt grounded in the realities.
                    Michael Richards

Comment

Didn't Koji Suzuki "Koji" post here years ago?

Comment

Looks like no one’s read this one then? As I don’t have my pad back I’ve probably missed 2 ripperologists so I don’t know if it’s been reviewed?

Calling Mr Begg.......
                        I believe the last Ripperologist was June 2020, issue 167.
                        Previous to that, issue 166 was March 2020.
                        These are not clues, Fred.
                        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                        We will not.

Comment

Sorry for the delay -working hard on the new A to Z. But I had a quick search and 'Time Reveals All' was reviewed in Ripperologist 165, October 2019 (which seems like a world away). I said that if a myriad of codes and hidden meanings floats your boat, this book will be a luxury cruise, but for me, the boat sank like a rock. By that I mean, the author accepted the diary is genuine, accepted that it was written by James Maybrick, and expects the reader to accept that clues of one sort or another are scattered through the text. Life's short, as Martin F used to say, and whilst I gave the book a fair hearing, I was not, shall we say impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                            Sorry for the delay -working hard on the new A to Z. But I had a quick search and 'Time Reveals All' was reviewed in Ripperologist 165, October 2019 (which seems like a world away). I said that if a myriad of codes and hidden meanings floats your boat, this book will be a luxury cruise, but for me, the boat sank like a rock. By that I mean, the author accepted the diary is genuine, accepted that it was written by James Maybrick, and expects the reader to accept that clues of one sort or another are scattered through the text. Life's short, as Martin F used to say, and whilst I gave the book a fair hearing, I was not, shall we say impressed.
                            Cheers Paul
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

By the way, I read Jacob the ripper. And the reason he’s a suspect is because...?
                              I did give this book a second read btw and I've commented elsewhere on how well it was written and that Levy is a reasonable suspect. I'm only commenting here because I noticed my post in this thread which I think was rash. Maybe I was expecting a revelatory moment.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X