X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJA View Post
    Series 4 on DVD is $39.50 on eBay.
    Seller is in some place called Sydney
    Yeah but then have to trust Aus Post....

Last DVD were heat damaged by the time I got them.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Crikey,thought I was on Whirlpool for a moment
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

New episodes of "Ripper Street" start TONIGHT (July 28) on BBC America.

Watch the latest full episodes and video extras for BBC America shows: Doctor Who, Killing Eve, Orphan Black, Luther, Planet Earth and more.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Waited a full year for this... and all I can say was the episode was OK at best... didn't grab me like the 1st episode of the other 3 seasons.... but does look like it has potential... so fingers crossed

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

It's interesting they've moved forward in time so can deal with anarchist plots and labor riots as plot points.
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

And they can have telephones and other fun stuff.....Hope it's as good as the other seasons

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Finally caught episode three of the new season (it was preempted last week by a movie), and I thought "Some Conscience Lost" was one of the most moving episodes of the whole show.

It has some lovely words about Whitechapel itself, described as the only place in London which is truly full of Life, compared to the other, more respectable places, which seem "tombs" by contrast.

The plot, involving a workhouse director who balances his books by deciding which children live and die, is a powerful one.
                ---------------
                ---------------

Comment

I agree.....series has picked up, and was an amazing episode, on the level of Am I Not Monstrous......quite excited for the episode tonight (well this afternoon....6pm is not a great time slot....may kill the US ratings...no pun intended).
                  Bravo to Ripper Street, still the best original show on television!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Series 4 starts on BBC2 in the UK tomorrow (22nd Aug) at 21:00

Three years have passed. Reid is drawn back to Whitechapel to investigate a case.

I've only ever caught half of one episode before, is it worth diving in now or catching up with the other 3 seasons first?

Comment

Noooooo.....watch the first 3 series first or it will mean nothing to you!!!! It's all about character development and change......more character driven then plot so to speak.

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Steady. Now all I've got to do is avoid watching the new series until I've obtained and watched the others. Hmmm....28 hours and 3 series to go....sounds like a challenge!

Comment

But well worth it, in my opinion

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            Yeah but then have to trust Aus Post....

Last DVD were heat damaged by the time I got them.
                            Got mine on DVD last week.

Might watch them later.

Got a new bedroom projector the same day

Comment

Here is a tee shirt design for "Ripper Street" fans:

H-Division by Matt Parsons - Get Free Worldwide Shipping! This neat design is available on comfy T-shirt (including oversized shirts up to 6XL ladies fit and kids shirts), sweatshirts, hoodies, phone cases, and more. Free worldwide shipping available.

Great for Ripperologists too, I suspect.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------

Comment

The prequel

A Fiendish Plan by Matt Parsons - Get Free Worldwide Shipping! This neat design is available on comfy T-shirt (including oversized shirts up to 6XL ladies fit and kids shirts), sweatshirts, hoodies, phone cases, and more. Free worldwide shipping available.

H Division means something else in Melbourne.
                                Produced some decent writers. Eugene Donnini,Ray Mooney....

Comment

Working...
                                X