X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Pickfords Prowler : Organ Removals Man."

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
      Don't be silly. That's Marriott you are talking to!

Anyway, he's in no position to criticise anyone else's theory.

I'm looking forward to the programme. I met a nice lady at the conference who was a Cross/Lechmere descendant. She was with Ed, Sadly I didn't get any chance to talk to her.
      Well you have one theory I can criticise and dismiss with one sweep of the pen but thats for another thread.

Comment

• What about 'The Lech in the Crosshairs - Jack the Ripper without a doubt'.
        Maybe I could run a competition!

Monty's title is very similar to Russell Edwards's.

I haven't given it much thought because I am going for a publishing deal (rather than self publish) and realise will have little input into the title.

Tom if its not a personal question how many have you sold hardcopies and electronic?

Comment

• I like the motto of the Worshipful Company of Carmen:

Skilfully, Swiftly, Surely

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            Well you have one theory I can criticise and dismiss with one sweep of the pen but thats for another thread.
            You are badly self-delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
              What about 'The Lech in the Crosshairs - Jack the Ripper without a doubt'.
              Maybe I could run a competition!

Monty's title is very similar to Russell Edwards's.

I haven't given it much thought because I am going for a publishing deal (rather than self publish) and realise will have little input into the title.

Tom if its not a personal question how many have you sold hardcopies and electronic?
              It's not personal though I'm likely the only Ripper author you ask who would actually answer this. I do not have current numbers but as of a couple weeks ago I had sold about 400 paperbacks and roughly 1,500 kindles. I'm more certain on the paperback numbers than I am Kindle, but that's in the ball park. That's with zero personal appearances, TV or local marketing, and with the distinct disadvantage of being an American. I expected to sell two or three hundred with this book, so I'm shocked and ecstatic over the results, which I'm sure are a laugh to folks like Begg & Marriott, but pretty damn good to me. I make 70% on the sale and control the pricing. I'm hoping to boost my promotion when I put out my Le Grand book, which will be my third book. Most importantly, the experience has been nothing but fun for me. Unfortunately, from what I here, it's not like that for all authors.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• That's two jabs at my book Ed,

What you worried about? That the mussus would prefer mine?

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  His theory that marmite is better than mayo?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I like the motto of the Worshipful Company of Carmen:

Hi Lechmere.

That's the Carmen's motto? Wow. It's very James Bond.

I wonder if the U.S Navy Seals wanted to use "Skilfully, Swiftly, Surely" as their motto, and were bummed to be told it was already taken.

Best regards,
                    Archaic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                      It's not personal though I'm likely the only Ripper author you ask who would actually answer this. I do not have current numbers but as of a couple weeks ago I had sold about 400 paperbacks and roughly 1,500 kindles. I'm more certain on the paperback numbers than I am Kindle, but that's in the ball park. That's with zero personal appearances, TV or local marketing, and with the distinct disadvantage of being an American. I expected to sell two or three hundred with this book, so I'm shocked and ecstatic over the results, which I'm sure are a laugh to folks like Begg & Marriott, but pretty damn good to me. I make 70% on the sale and control the pricing. I'm hoping to boost my promotion when I put out my Le Grand book, which will be my third book. Most importantly, the experience has been nothing but fun for me. Unfortunately, from what I here, it's not like that for all authors.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                      Those are very good figures, Tom, and traditional publishers certainly aren't laughing at self-publishing. I haven't taken that route yet. Trevor has, but I doubt he's laughing, his offerings having received some of the worst reviews for a Ripper book that I've seen on Amazon.

Can't you put the other book on the back burner and get on with your Le Grand book?

Comment

I like the motto of the Worshipful Company of Carmen:

Tooting Carmen.

Comment

• Monty
                          Well the names are similar - and I do believe you yourself pointed out that your book was being bundled together with the shawl book by Amazon (if that was my strike one).

Tom
                          I've sold over 2,000 of my self published guide book in just over a year! All hard copies as there isn't an electronic version. But wholesale mostly. And I've been quite rubbish at promoting it. But it is a different sort of book to yours.
                          It's a lot of aggro doing it yourself and I wouldn't have the time.
                          And whatever you may think of the Lechmere theory, it appeals to neutrals as it is grounded in banality and normality -and many people are fed up with the unreal exotic solutions. That is one reason why the documentary is being made and why the event I put on a few years ago got worldwide publicity.
                          My calculation has been that this will make it easier than would otherwise be the case to get a deal. Hence the preference to a publisher over self publishing.

Comment

• I'm not saying they aren't similar, my title was pre Edwards purchasing the shawl, ergo mine came first.

You believe wrong, I never made such a statement.

I'm just perplexed as to why you've made such an obscure comment.

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Monty
                              Well the names are similar - and I do believe you yourself pointed out that your book was being bundled together with the shawl book by Amazon (if that was my strike one).

Tom
                              I've sold over 2,000 of my self published guide book in just over a year! All hard copies as there isn't an electronic version. But wholesale mostly. And I've been quite rubbish at promoting it. But it is a different sort of book to yours.
                              It's a lot of aggro doing it yourself and I wouldn't have the time.
                              And whatever you may think of the Lechmere theory, it appeals to neutrals as it is grounded in banality and normality -and many people are fed up with the unreal exotic solutions. That is one reason why the documentary is being made and why the event I put on a few years ago got worldwide publicity.
                              My calculation has been that this will make it easier than would otherwise be the case to get a deal. Hence the preference to a publisher over self publishing.
                              Aggro? Not at all. I wrote my book in Word. Createspace tells you how to get it right for paperback. I then paid a guy $40 to set it up for Kindle and paid another guy $120 to do the cover. That's pretty much all my out of pocket expense to get it published. It wasn't a lot of work. Certainly not worth giving all your royalties forever to a publisher to do. Know what I'm saying?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• What obscure comment - the one about the double deal?
                                Someone certainly said it, unless I was having a dream about your two books comingling.

Comment

Working...
                                X