Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monty View Post
    Just checking my call log and you are correct Christer,

End of May for me, I knew it was around the time of Robs walk which was early June, as I took another call from Georgia the day before. As I said, other names were mentioned, cannot recall if Eds was, but certainly Cross was discussed. With my book taking a lot of my time at that moment, my recollections re dates may be out.

Yes, I stated such re Belcher, I believe they were also looking at a multiple indenpendent killers idea, however it seems your man won through.

Despite my view of the theory, I welcome this programme, and look forward to it.

Monty

PS I know other Rippeologists were contacted to gauge opinion, not just me I add.
    Yes, I think the crew made a thorough job of loking at different ideas before they decided on Lechmere, so I presume they would have asked around in a number of camps.
    Since you state end of May, and since they approached us more like mid May, I think we can at least absolve you of having been the sole reason for the Lechmere theory being brought to a mass audience. However, the possibility that you contributed to the choice must always be there, perhaps as a little thorn in your side, I don´t know. If so, sorry about that!

I´m glad to hear that you welcome and look forward to the documentary, though!

The best,
    Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
      I'm looking forward to the programme. I met a nice lady at the conference who was a Cross/Lechmere descendant. She was with Ed, Sadly I didn't get any chance to talk to her.
      That would have been Sue Lechmere, Paul. Too bad you never got to speak to her; she´s an ever so nice lady, just like you noticed, plus she has one of the most baffling stories I´ve ever heard in Ripperological contexts to tell...!

Good to hear you are looking forward to the programme, by the way! Actually, very many people seem to do just that out here, and it´s kind of unsettling. I´m not sure if we are speaking of a bunch of ripperologists waiting for a treat or a school of piranhas hoping for a meal.

The best,
      Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        That would have been Sue Lechmere, Paul. Too bad you never got to speak to her; she´s an ever so nice lady, just like you noticed, plus she has one of the most baffling stories I´ve ever heard in Ripperological contexts to tell...!

Good to hear you are looking forward to the programme, by the way! Actually, very many people seem to do just that out here, and it´s kind of unsettling. I´m not sure if we are speaking of a bunch of ripperologists waiting for a treat or a school of piranhas hoping for a meal.

The best,
        Fisherman
        Sue Lechmere introduced herself to me, but we never had a chance to talk or exchange emails details. As for the TV documentary, I'd like to think it was being watched by interested Ripperologists, but I fear that some may turn into piranhas. Some already have and they haven't even seen the programme yet!

Comment

Yes, I think the crew made a thorough job of loking at different ideas before they decided on Lechmere, so I presume they would have asked around in a number of camps.
          Since you state end of May, and since they approached us more like mid May, I think we can at least absolve you of having been the sole reason for the Lechmere theory being brought to a mass audience. However, the possibility that you contributed to the choice must always be there, perhaps as a little thorn in your side, I don´t know. If so, sorry about that!

I´m glad to hear that you welcome and look forward to the documentary, though!

The best,
          Fisherman
          Phew.

It would explain why Georgia was a little familiar with the name of Cross, she didn't ask 'who'?

I've been lucky to meet Sue a couple of times, at LMA and in the White Hart last September. She is very nice indeed, not like Ed at all, and of course, she adores me. Says I'm far better than that Scandinavian chap, whoever he is.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Exactly why do you ask?
            Because a major part of your theory is based upon the name thing, and whether the police checked out the man found near Nichols.

Comment

Im assuming Fisherman that your theory is based on his access and availability for all five Canonicals? Or more than Five? Im not calling you out on this....but if the theory stems from what you believe you see with the Nichols murder, how does that then translate to him being a suspect for Jack the Ripper? Because that's a single one of the Unsolved murders file, its not been determined to be the start of a series of Five.

My hesitation obviously stems from the fact that often purported suspects have a tangential link with one victim, and from that a theory about the suspects probability for the entire alleged series crops up.

If someone is considered a serious contender for a suspect in any one of the Canonical murders, the reality is that unless there is evidence also linking him to another murder, its just a suspect for a standalone murder within the Five.

Solving one of the Canonical Five cases would simply mean we have solved one of the cases, not all of them.

Cheers F
              Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                I had contact with Georgia from Blink in June, and was asked what the latest theories were.

Obviously this was pre shawl, so I didn't mention that, however Cross and Belcher were mentioned, as was Trevor oddly enough.

So you are welcome boys.

Monty
                Gee, thanks Monty.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

lech
                  Best get going on that book. strike while the irons hot.
                  Plus I want to read it when its done!

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    lech
                    Best get going on that book. strike while the irons hot.
                    Plus I want to read it when its done!
                    That's what I was thinking. Some guy ripped off Ed's research and put a Lechmere book out. I didn't buy it because I heard bad things and because I won't support someone rushing out a book on a suspect after another author had announced their intention to do so, which Ed did quite some time back. That's about as wrong as wrong gets in this field. Unfortunately, this documentary will increase that author's books sales and interested viewers might even think he was someone connected to and endorsed by the documentary.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• You're welcome Tom,

Given Eds unique position, I think his will supersede any other on the subject.

Monty
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                        You're welcome Tom,

Given Eds unique position, I think his will supersede any other on the subject.

Monty
                        Unique position?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• What I meant was that when a documentary intrigues me the first thing I do is seek out books on the subject and I start by googling the names of the 'experts' appearing in the doc (am I alone in this?), so it's a shame Ed and Fish don't already have a book out and someone else does. Perhaps Ed could start a facebook page for the show that leads to him before it airs?

Also I should add that I don't know the author of the Lechmere book out now. Couldn't even tell you his name. So I don't know for a fact that Ed and Fish's work influenced his book. I just can't imagine how it didn't.

As for 'piranhas', I don't think Fish has anything to worry about from us. As long as the show entertains then I'm good. If I learn something new than that'll be a plus.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Very unique.
                            They contacted me via the Stairway to Heaven Charity as they were aware of the publicity that arose from an event I put on in Bethnal Green a couple of years ago ( that Christer actually also starred in). Blink also made a donation to that charity.
                            They mentioned a couple of times that they had spoken to Monty and a few others. I know they were looking at the milkman story first.
                            The lovely Georgia (who now works for another company) arranged for me to go through the case with the overall producer (not Sam, his boss, although Sam was there as well) who happened to be a bit of a Ripper enthusiast.
                            We went through the case for hours and as I said it was unusual in that I did not have to explain events from first base.
                            But I successfully brainwashed them.
                            Not least by discussing the links to the other murders.
                            It was originally going to air in March and I was assisting with an editing issue just a few weeks ago, so I was very surprised and wrong footed publishing wise when I found they were bringing the series out so soon.
                            But I can't complain.

Comment

• Sure you could. But your plan is to have the book out early 2015? Any title yet?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally I was thinking 'Descent from Hell' but there is a record of that name, so maybe not.
                                so...
                                'Jack the Ripper - in plain sight'
                                'Jack the Ripper - Case Absolutely Closed'.
                                'Jack the Ripper - get your trousers on you're nicked'

Comment

Working...
                                X