The Missing Evidence - New Ripper Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Thatīs not my barometer, Harry - itīs the official police barometer.
    Perhaps I should rephrase that - Those who FIND the body.

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Animal cunning sounds and leaves traces. If I am to accept it, I want evidence of some sort.
    Not necessarily, Fish. The killer would still possess some measure of intelligence. I'm not saying that he was a complete savage but I believe his instincts served him well. I don't think there's anything to suggest any great strategy on our murderer's part. He was targetting desperate, vulnerable women in the backstreets, most of them infamous for being in their cups, who knew discreet locations by trade. There's nothing to prove that the murderer had to be some kind of Moriarty to pull it off, particularly with a huge slice of luck on his side.

No, itīs not disrespectful, and you should not speak of lacking respect. I have said that there is not a shred of evidence against Levy, not a iot. Is that true or is it disrespectful?
    It's not so much what you say, as the manner in which you say it.

Actually, I find you very predictable.
    Consistent is the word you're looking for. Consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      Should be a piece of cake 126 years after the murder, right? But we can get close, nevertheless:

We KNOW that he at times employed Hanbury Street when going to work. We know that he would have passed the murder site at around, say, 3.45 if he kept to his ordinary Schedule. We know that Phillips, who saw Chapman at 6.30 said that she had been dead at least two hours, taking us back to 4.30, but probably more - taking us back to some time Before 4.30, perhaps 3.45.

Try and Place any of the other suspects outside 29 Hanbury Street with the same accuracy - or with any accuracy at all. Try to place any other suspect there at all.

You will fail miserably.

Lechmere is by far and away the best bid, once more.

The best,
      Fisherman
      You seem to like the terms "perhaps" and "probably" as I said in a previous post neither of those equate to conclusive !

Comment

• Trevor it is the cumulative effect of perhapses and probablies that convert to as conclusive an argument as anyone is ever likely to be able to put forward for this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
          Trevor it is the cumulative effect of perhapses and probablies that convert to as conclusive an argument as anyone is ever likely to be able to put forward for this case.
          Why are you making inferences to my work on your doc thread?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• No - I try to avoid saying things are facts when they are not and endeavour to couch my language accordingly.

Comment

• As does the indefatigable Fisherman.

Comment

• I'm surprised this isn't being portrayed as 'Ripperology' being saved by Londonder Edward Stow and his Swedish colleague Christer Holmgren, from the hands of Liverpudlian Russell Edwards and his Finnish colleague Jari Louhelainen.

Comment

I'm surprised this isn't being portrayed as 'Ripperology' being saved by Londonder Edward Stow and his Swedish colleague Christer Holmgren, from the hands of Liverpudlian Russell Edwards and his Finnish colleague Jari Louhelainen.
                  That's because an American pulled the field from the trenches back in February. We Americans might come late, but when we get here, we get the job done.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• But your were undone by including the shawl appendix.

Comment

But your were undone by including the shawl appendix.
                      Where I say it had nothing to do with Eddowes? Yeah, your bestie really proved me wrong there.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I'm surprised this isn't being portrayed as 'Ripperology' being saved by Londonder Edward Stow and his Swedish colleague Christer Holmgren ...

We've been saved

Roy
                        Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Too late Ed,

I've already saved it. And shall do so after Monday...don't worry. ;-)

Monty
                          Attached Files
                          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• They ran this one through a spell checker before publication.
                            I know some of you are going to love reading it...

Jack the Ripper may have been hiding in plain sight, even giving evidence at the inquest of his first victim, says a new documentary.

Comment

They ran this one through a spell checker before publication.
                              I know some of you are going to love reading it...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/535...ked-the-Ripper
                              And notice the top link under "Related Stories"

Jack the Ripper murder mystery 'solved': Identity of killer revealed.

Guess who this one was about. Hint Table Cloths and DNA.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• He worked as a meat delivery driver for Pickfords and would have been covered in blood on a daily basis; the perfect alibi.

Oh dear. Is this the only way to promote a someone as a suspect these days? Lie, mislead, twist and turn the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X