Ripper Street Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st and 2nd series

I liked the first series but the second is looking better !
    Will sign petition........... Pat

Comment

I remember when Home and Away was axed from ITV some years back and instead of ending it they switched to channel 5. Maybe another, more forward thinking, TV station could buy the rights and take over?

Wishful thinking I know.
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      ---------------------------------------------------
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
        I remember when Home and Away was axed from ITV some years back and instead of ending it they switched to channel 5. Maybe another, more forward thinking, TV station could buy the rights and take over?

Wishful thinking I know.
        I do hope so. How is the petition doing?

Amanda

Comment

My last email from the site was that we reached 5300 signings as of 7:30 am this morning (7th) Eastern Time CANADA.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

The petition now has almost 10,000 signatures - please consider signing if you haven't already!

Comment

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...-of-bbc1-drama

There seems to be a lot of disappontment about the BBC's decision to cancel 'Ripper Street'. Perhaps for once the BBC might consider listening to its audience?

Comment

For all you soap lovers :

BBC hints at possible return of the cancelled Ripper Street drama series, and is said to be looking at 'better value for licence fee payers'

Comment

Wow.. I would never have guessed this would happen so fast.. fingers crossed...however there is still no word on when BBC America will be showing series 2

Steadmund Brand
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                    If you feel inclined...

Anyone else who is disappointed may want to go and sign the petition over at Change.org:

Petition duly signed. The number of signatures has now passed 15,000 btw.
                    Last edited by Bridewell; 12-11-2013, 01:43 PM. Reason: Add signature number
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I hope they do this. Would be a wonderful turn-around.

Comment

Ripper Street resurrected by Amazon deal - LINK

The people spoke, and they listened (well BBC didn't).

Comment

I only just heard about it being cancelled so I do hope they can bring it back. I for one really enjoyed it. Sorry, I've been away for quite some time because of the birth of my Son, so I have alot to catch up on.

Comment

Originally posted by Esther Wilson View Post
                            I only just heard about it being cancelled so I do hope they can bring it back. I for one really enjoyed it. Sorry, I've been away for quite some time because of the birth of my Son, so I have alot to catch up on.
                            Congratulations, Esther. I trust mother and son are both well.
                            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Yes thank you Just pretty tired on my part lol.

Comment

This may be known to you by now, but the third series of "Ripper Street" started last week, airing in the USA on BBC America. I was intrigued by the fact that four years have passed since the events at the end of the second season. It is now 1894, Reid has been promoted, and is fascinated by his "archives" of information on former prisoners, including Bertillon measurements! Drake has returned to Leman Street HQ to be prepared to take it over, as Abberline wants to retire and wants Reid to replace him. Reid seems less enthused at the idea. Excellent episode. Need to see this week's later...
                                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X